-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I switched the optics on these two ARs today and rezeroed them on a fifty yard range.

[Linked Image]

The VX6 is in Leupold QD rings on a Wyoming Arms riser. I moved the riser and reattached the scope (in different slots on the riser than when it was on the other rifle). The shots in the face of the target were the first three after moving the scope. I picked a more precise aiming point and the next three shots stayed in a 1.5" dot.

I just though it was interesting that the scope rezeroed with no shift in POI.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
your guy in the target needs to be shot! closing his left eye!!
nice when you are in the zone after a scope change.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
one gun with 18 inch barrel and one with 16? Kind of nice it worked out that way, I usually have to burn $50 worth of ammunition to get it dialed back in. Normally I use a battery powered drill to turn the turrets, when it bogs down I know to try to go in reverseration.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
50 bucks of ammo?

Lemme help. Put the gun on the bags. Pull the BCG. Put it between the lower and upper, hinged open slightly.

Look down the bore, and keep centering bore and optic. Check and recheck. Tweek it by making sure your eye is centering the bore very well and check xhairs...

When happy, fire ONE shot. A helper helps but not needed for next step..

Put complete gun on bags, put crosshairs firmly on the aiming point and hold htere firmly so gun can't move. Assuming you have scope caps off, have assitant start turning knobs, they don't even need to know which way, just start moving slowly, if wrong way just tell em to reverse. Move either elev or wind to the plane the hole is on, and then finish with the other. Never moving the gun obviously.

Your next shot will be very close, depending on how well the gun shoots.

Blue simply got lucky that both recievers were the same basically perfectly machined and bored, and the same with both barrels being set up either perfectly or exaclty the same. It happens.

But as many uppers that I had to put my test scope on, I just wrote down the target knob zeros in a book, swap uppers and dial it back to whatever it was supposed to be.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What kind of groups did you get on the No Hesitation Series targets featuring the child?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rost495
50 bucks of ammo?

Lemme help. Put the gun on the bags. Pull the BCG. Put it between the lower and upper, hinged open slightly.

Look down the bore, and keep centering bore and optic. Check and recheck. Tweek it by making sure your eye is centering the bore very well and check xhairs...

Put complete gun on bags, put crosshairs firmly on the aiming point and hold htere firmly so gun can't move. Assuming you have scope caps off, have assitant start turning knobs, they don't even need to know which way, just start moving slowly, if wrong way just tell em to reverse. Move either elev or wind to the plane the hole is on, and then finish with the other. Never moving the gun obviously.

Blue simply got lucky that both recievers were the same basically perfectly machined and bored, and the same with both barrels being set up either perfectly or exaclty the same. It happens.

But as many uppers that I had to put my test scope on, I just wrote down the target knob zeros in a book, swap uppers and dial it back to whatever it was supposed to be.

sarcasm goes over your head doesn't it?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jimmyp
one gun with 18 inch barrel and one with 16? Kind of nice it worked out that way, I usually have to burn $50 worth of ammunition to get it dialed back in. Normally I use a battery powered drill to turn the turrets, when it bogs down I know to try to go in reverseration.

You one funny mofo.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sarcasm maybe goes over rost, but his method is sound.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
glad you shared! I continue to learn daily! I use the hammer drill on this one.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by rost495
50 bucks of ammo?

sarcasm goes over your head doesn't it?

Didn't see the sarcasm font. I"m usually in a hurry, nothing surprises me these days. Glad you know how to re-zero with one round basically. Will try to remember that. All I could think when you posted is you buy and sell so many ARs, maybe you didn't know how to rezero much cheaper. 50 bucks ain't all that much ammo if someone is chasing a gun thats not even boresighted... especially if its match ammo...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.