Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by OdinofWyoming
Good news. Legendary Arms Works agreed to give me a full refund of my money today. Glad to have my money back, but would much rather had that rifle in a copy that shot well. Such a nice rifle in the hand and a company I really wanted to support (veteran owned). Maybe some other day after they've worked out all of the kinks.

To all of you that offered comment, thanks for all of the help.

Now what to buy to replace it?

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10562562/1

GB1

C
C
First post...
Thanks for the info on LAW. I bought a Pro a few day's ago...took it back today! #16$...300 Win...

Secondly, Holy crap! smile

B
B
Originally Posted by brianc74
I have really noticed you have to have great and very consistant form while shooting a LAW rifle.

Noticed the same thing.... Light heavy recoiling rifles drive me nuts... Dwight Van Brunt had a pretty good article in last month American Rifleman on shooting light rifles... Only way I can get a light rifle to shoot consistently is to rest my left hand lightly on th scope bell

But glad you have a solid shooter now... Please share load data on the tighter loads when you get a minute

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by catnipper
First post...
Thanks for the info on LAW. I bought a Pro a few day's ago...took it back today! #16$...300 Win...

Secondly, Holy crap! smile

Whyd you take it back? Details man!

C
C
I bought it after reading the fluff pieces from the gun writers...
I really liked the fit and feel (fierce felt good too)
I'm a light/mid weight fan, and the rifle really seemed to fit the bill at the price.
Then I started really digging into the real life reviews. Too many issues, I also rate a company by seeing if they answer the phone...
other forums have dropped the threads with the negativity..
Boddington has them as a sponsor (Fluff)
kimber has too many issues for my money as well.

I would rather spend more money on a proven product than have issues..

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by catnipper
I bought it after reading the fluff pieces from the gun writers...
I really liked the fit and feel (fierce felt good too)
I'm a light/mid weight fan, and the rifle really seemed to fit the bill at the price.
Then I started really digging into the real life reviews. Too many issues, I also rate a company by seeing if they answer the phone...
other forums have dropped the threads with the negativity..
Boddington has them as a sponsor (Fluff)
kimber has too many issues for my money as well.

I would rather spend more money on a proven product than have issues..

catnipper did you ever shoot it?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Too funny...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
C
nope....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
OK. Just wondering.

Thanks.

Last edited by BobinNH; 10/20/15.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can you return a gun after it has been shot? If you can't from the dealer catnipper bought it from, I'd be inclined to do the same thing he did.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I wouldn't. Cant know a thing until you shoot it. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I know some shops that won't take a return after it's been fired. Once fired, it becomes an issue between you and the manufacturer.

So I won't cast stones because he dumped it back on the dealer before he shot it.

Especially if it was in the 2 calibers that seem to be having all the trouble.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I held one locally and did like the fit and feel.

For me, these are competing against cooper and cooper has fallen short in the lightweight area still. But, cooper is a sure thing accuracy wise.

Not many big rigs carry as well as that bansner stock though.

Get it together LAW.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A Cooper 54 Excalibur can easily stay at 7lbs all up..

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Cooper supposedly coming out with a lightweight 52 next year, supposed to be around 6 pounds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Techsan
Cooper supposedly coming out with a lightweight 52 next year, supposed to be around 6 pounds.

I wish they'd put a decent stock on the current Excalibur offering and they'd really have something.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
A Cooper 54 Excalibur can easily stay at 7lbs all up..

I hear you. I've been wanting that sweet little cooper to be something it is not for a long time. It's not a long action or a short mag or a long mag. And that's just not enough juice for my situation.

Last edited by petr; 10/22/15.
J
J
Did any one ever get their issues resolved with the LAW Professional? My wife bought me one back in August and I just finally started shooting it and just like a lot of guys its not performing. Mine is a 300 Win Mag, Serial LAW-017X. At first the gun looked and felt great but once I started shooting accuracy was quite poor and its developed two other issues. The bolt has begun hanging up on the rear of the receiver and takes some force to get it past the snag point. This isn't heavy bolt lift from excessive pressure, its actually the bolt rubbing on the receiver just in front of the bolt shroud. This wasn't the case until after putting some rounds through it so something flexed/bent. Also with whatever is happening I can no longer get more than one round in the mag without the follower canting and binding up. Anyone who got somewhere on this please let me know.

-Joel

K
K
I purchased a professional in 280 AI I Oct. After 2 boxes of factory ammo with less than moa results. It went back to the factory the first part of Nov. I called LAW in late Dec to follow up and was told that the bedding blocks had been honed out, the firing pin replaced, and the action bedded (iirc, that was everything). It was in line for a new crown to be cut then. Last week, my dealer got word that it was waiting to be test fired and would ship back to us in a week or two. I plan to post results after the first chance I have to shoot it.

J
J
So 2+ months turn around? That sucks! I tore the gun down after the last post. The mag issue was due to the mag spring steel sliding from recoil I guess which I got slid back in place and am going to throw a dab of epoxy on to keep it from sliding again. The mag follower was pressing into the box causing upward pressure on the bolt which was causing the rear of the bolt to press down on the receiver, so the bolt issue hanging has been remedied. There are multiple points where the action isn't in proper contact with the bedding blocks and a few points on the barrel has paint transferred to it from the stock, so the barrel isn't properly floated or the action in equal contact with the stock. Decided to take care of it myself, sand paper and bedding compound project for this evening. I'll take pictures and post results from the range when I'm done if anyone is interested but will be following a similar method to what hicountry did so probably not much reason to other than whether it solves the accuracy issue which I believe it will as most groups would have two touching and a third flyer and then complete shift in POI. This wasn't temperature induced either as I was using a IR thermometer to ensure I kept the barrel cool and consistent from shot to shot.

-Joel

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,876
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.