Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Good deal Pat can't wait to here your thoughts on it after you log some time flinging arrows

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I've only had the bow a day, but I can tell you already what Mathews got right with this one..."shootability". Everything about it is smooth. Easy to draw, easy to hold, easy to let down, stabile and quieter than any bow I've ever shot. I haven't chonographed it, and probably won't, as speed doesn't mean anything to me. I can tell you that it is faster than my solocam Drenalin by about 8" at 40 yards, because I used the same sight and sighted it in initially with the twenty yard pin.

As you can probably tell, I don't like anything radical with my bows, because that always equates to something "critical". It may just be me, but I'm glad to see Mathews getting out of the speed game and listening to what real hunters want.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For Christmas, I gave my nephew a fitting from Cabela's for a bow. I think this is the way he wants to go, which means I'll get to try her out as well. smile

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sound great so far Pat!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
FYI...270fps with a 465grn arrow at 28" draw @ 70lbs. I normally like to shoot 245-250, so I may go up a little in arrow weight.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That's plenty fast enough for that weight set up.
I think My Helium is shooting low 280's with a 400 gr arrow

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My Helium is quiet curious to see and hear how quiet the No Cam is ,bet it's just a soft whisper

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The reviews on this bow have generally been pretty stellar.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What's their price range for mid-to-high quality?
Thanks

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A new No Cam HTR will run a cool grand, undressed. I would never have bought a new bow (of any kind) if it weren't for the new design. It's like shooting one of the old 80's wheel bows, except half as short, twice as fast and quite. It is NOT for the guy that has to have the fastest bow at the range, so you probably won't see much target use.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This bow has no hand shock, or torque, at release. Where you aim is where it goes. I have found one thing I am not happy with. When the bow finally "breaks" at the end of the draw cycle, it is difficult not to make a "clunk" when you hit the wall. This is with 85% let off. The bow takes modules for 65%/75%/85%, so I suspect the tendency would be less with the lower let offs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Any updates? I've been looking at all the videos on YouTube, and they are just about all positive. I love new technology, but it will take a lot for me to give up the Bowtech Experience for the No cam.

I guess the 2016s come out in January?

- Rogue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ditching a Bowtech Experience for a Mathews no cam is several steps in the wrong direction.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
the only "no cam" bow is a recurve - these are cams, just different looking...

have shot it. Would not give up my Z7 for one. I shoot it too well. I am also of the mindset that the technology is new and need to wait to see what they will be like next year... I'm sure they will be different, in a manner to sell more bows.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually they are ROUND WHEELS. Axle straight thru the center. The AVS system...where the cable attaches is off center. Thus giving the bow it's power.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Obsession bows. Whisper quiet. Extremely accurate. Lightening fast. You can haverify your cake and eat it too.

you want smooth and quite , then buy yourself a Longbow

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
A Mathews I would own.

I saw a kid with one at the range this week. I personally don't have any issues with Mathews EXCEPT I won't purchase a bow that I can't test shoot first. Since Mathews are module specific, no of the pro shops around here carry the right module for my 26.5 inch DL. The guys at Archery Headquarters said they would order the module WHEN I purchased the bow. I email Mathews to find out what pro shop they recommend that could help me, they said Archery Headquarters.

I've run into the same issue with the Bear Agenda (Bears pro-line of bows). The Bear rep was at the shop, and when I asked if I could test shoot the bow, he asked me what about the bow do you want to know. When I email Bear, they said they were sorry they couldn't help me.

PSE (based out of Tucson) has a pro shop that will let me shoot any bow they make and every pro shop I've been in, including Archery HQ, will let me shoot a PSE.

Arizona Archery Club will setup and let me test shoot a no-cam.

Oh and the guys at Ross are pretty cool as well.

Last edited by HaYen; 07/31/15.

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll let you shoot any module adjust Obsession bow you want. I have mods for every offered DL. Louisiana is however quite a trip from where you're at. But the invitation nonetheless is open

Custom Strings/Tuning
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'll let you shoot any module adjust Obsession bow you want. I have mods for every offered DL. Louisiana is however quite a trip from where you're at. But the invitation nonetheless is open

Now THAT is what I call customer service ... Are you paying attention Archery Headquarters Chandler AZ?

Thank you sir

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by HaYen

Now THAT is what I call customer service ... Are you paying attention Archery Headquarters Chandler AZ?

Thank you sir

Stopped by Archery Headquarters at lunch today (they are down the street from my office). All new staff working there. Much better experience. So I am taking back what I said. Lanes were packed so I may have to suck it up and shoot outside in the 104+ heat.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (12344mag, 160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,898 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,535
Posts18,453,012
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.