Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sherp, try brushing your teeth with a running chainsaw, it will improve your smile

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
tag

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blanket
Sherp, try brushing your teeth with a running chainsaw, it will improve your smile

What is your problem? You support the officers in the video having to do what they did just like I do. Are you jealous I posted the thumbs up first? No reason you can't chime in with your support for them instead of ragging on me.

Officers need and demand constant praise for everything they do, not one of their supporters attacking another over some petty rivalry that exists in your mind only.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Having been a commissioned LEO for over 30 years, I can see where this "civilian" could have shot the detective and claimed he thought he was being car-jacked or attacked by a crazy man. To my knowledge in Louisiana there is no duty to retreat when someone jumps out of a vehicle and acts in a very threatening manner as did this officer. I would bet he acts like this this every day both on duty and off. His department would probably do well to get rid of him.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
Having been a commissioned LEO for over 30 years, I can see where this "civilian" could have shot the detective and claimed he thought he was being car-jacked or attacked by a crazy man. To my knowledge in Louisiana there is no duty to retreat when someone jumps out of a vehicle and acts in a very threatening manner as did this officer. I would bet he acts like this this every day both on duty and off. His department would probably do well to get rid of him.

That little diatribe sounds like a good research project for an LE version of Stolen Valor.

REAL officers were on scene and actively supporting Detective LeBert in his fight against a civilian scofflaw so it was obviously righteous.

And this wasn't LeBert's first time of being thrust in to a dynamic and dangerous situation where he had to exert his authority to maintain order.

And once again other officers were assisting as he lead the way .

Not sure if he has had to smear other bodily fluids on any ne'er-do-well civilians or their property since then, but I have to imagine his career will end up being the focus of a Dick Kramer print suitable for framing some day if it is not cut short far too early by a cowardly civilian hiding behind a rock, tree, or Federal Grand Jury duty.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
YMMV, but many years ago, here in Texas, when I was much younger and driving my old jet-boat 455 powered Cutlass, pretty much a race car, a LEO attempted to catch me after I passed him in his wife's car while blowing the carbon off the plugs on my way home from work.

The LEO had another man and his wife in the car with him when this occurred.

He did not even come close, as I thought we were having a contest of speed, which he lost for a mile or so until I slowed to make the turn off the highway into in the subdivision I lived in. He passed and then attempted to block my making the turn, which did not work and as I had no idea I was dealing w/ a LEO, I thought "road rage" and my best course was to adios - that is until he began shooting at my car, actually stepped from behind his wife's car and I saw he was wearing not only a plain white shirt, but had a badge dangling on his pocket in the rear view mirror.

I stopped immediately, tossed my door open, ducked the gunfire w/ my hands raised, out the door, as he proceeded to do a good imitation of this Detective here and wrote me a 155mph ticket on a post-it note pad.

Two days later, in court, in front of my dad and the local Justice of the Peace, the JP stripped this a-hole of his badge and his gun and he NEVER served as a peace officer again in the state of Texas.

While I am unsure of the laws where this incident occurred; in Texas according to the JP at that time it was unlawful to discharge a firearm for a traffic violation down here. The JP was PO'd and threaten to charge him save the fact that not only did he miss my entire car, he apparently missed the houses near by too and hit nothing (typical police accuracy).

Sorry but folks like him and the guy above need to find another line of work to which they are more suited, like UFC fighter or some other steroid induced occupation,IMHO.

sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The officer and his team are meting out justice in Massachusetts.

Your joke was a really good one! Had me going there till you got to the punchline about a Texas officer getting fired for shooting at a civilian!! LOL

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

That's a change from the pictures of game animals and livestock you have stump broke. I take it that is the image silk screened on a t-shirt you bought at a recent Log Cabin Republican convention?

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Looks like they are getting bored with you herpes.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Too late,lost them.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
sherp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Looks like they are getting bored with you herpes.

[Linked Image]

So you are talking to your own crotch now since that is where they contracted herpes.

The fact that you are talking to your genitalia indicates syphilis as well. Isn't that great, the cattle have likely contracted it as well so that will trigger a mad cow disease scare and send beef prices even higher.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
We are searching....

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Still waiting....

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sherp,

My first encounter with someone who showed intent on taking my life was with my Stepfather. It was about 3 AM as that was about the time he'd generally get home from the bar. Really it all started at around the age of 2 years old when this Man first met my mother. By the age of 17 my Mother had left home and I could see things were right on the edge and so slept very lite and was always ready. When my step father made it up the stairs to my room he proceeded to grip my throat and tryed to choke me. At 17 years of age I overpowered him only because his intent had amplified. Normally I would never raise a hand because I felt it to be very disrespectful. It didn't sit well with my stepfather so he went downstairs and returned with a cocked and loaded 44 mag. I met him at the Door with a 45/70 pointed straight between his eyes and the coward backed down. When he went back down stairs I jumped out the window and that was my last night in that home.

Needless to say I developed from a very young age a rather realistic view that some folks will try to end ones life and I also developed an attitude of preparedness.

As far as police officers go I have a rather large number of them that I am very close friends with. I deeply respect the profession and there willingness in many instances to risk there life for others.

With that said I'm not stupid. Not all police officers are good though most are. I have always carried a pistol with me after my childhood and I never disclose to any person I do not know including law enforcement. I also would never use my firearm against another human being other than to protect my life or the life of another. Basically movie theater scum don't want to show up on a rampage if I'm in the theater. I shoot fast a fugg and straight as hell and there is no delayed reaction.

I almost had to use my firearm against a police officer one night at around 4 AM!

I'd gotten a call to do a job in the next county and apparently was going 7 mph over the speed limit down a hill. The police officers approached my window swearing and acting extremely aggressive. When he approached my window he immediately screamed in my face that I was in his town. I asked if I'd done something wrong and holy crap did he blow a gasket. The officer put his hand on his pistol and screamed exactly what the officer in the video did. (I'll blow your fugggin head off.

Little did he know my 357 was pointed straight up through the door right at the bottom of his chin with my left arm basically resting out the window concealing my weapon.

I patiently watched his hand on his pistol and the officer never lifted it at all. The slightest lift upward however he'd been one dead sumbitch. Instead I rightfully accepted my ticket and left. I told one of my best friends who is a police officer what happened.

His Words.....this line of work can push you over the edge and that can be dangerous as hell. He also said I'd be surprised at some of the schidt he'd seen.

I very much doubt I would ever encounter another officer situation where my life felt lagitamently threatened because I think it is extremely rare.

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 08/01/15.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So he's a UC drug guy? Ha. I've supervised drug teams. Were this one of my guys, as he apparently has a thing for traffic enforcement, were he to pull this chit and I found out about it, he'd get his wish and be bumped to a parking enforcement or a traffic car in a heartbeat. Chickenshit stuff. Surprised he ever made it to working dope in the first place.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 808outdoors, 21, 1973cb450, 12 invisible), 1,547 guests, and 690 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.