Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Trying to follow up on some questions I posted for members.

I see the CF is terribly slow again. After loading a page, the icon indicating something is still downloading/running on this tab continues to spin.

In the past, I've been able to go into the address bar and click the X, which ceases any further download activity. Not working this time.

In fact, I've tried it a few times in the time it has taken me to type this post.

What gives?

Montana MOFO
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Me too:

I cleaned out cookies and it did improve performance. Go to the upper bars and open tools then click delete cookies.

However the caveat is that traditionally Internet Explorer MSN is the most troublesome. I go to Mozila Firefox and Google chrome and they perform OK. This time before I cleaned out cookies Firefox was also sluggish.

Here my service provider has been experiencing problems for the past 3 days. TV on and off. Phone on and off. internet problems. They said there was an equipment failure and the engineers were working on it. It would be fixed by midnight. That was 3 days ago. Wasn't fixed.

Now I'm getting buried with updated every day. For the past 3 days. 28 updates, 1st day, 28 second day and just now another 26 updates that I haven't installed yet.

I told my tech support rep that if it wasn't fixed I would be taking it up stairs to the big bosses. That wasn't an idle threat. But it is probably worthless.

Sounds like the current problem may be systemic and not necessarily unique to this website's configurations.

It gets more complicated as the years go by.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spoke too soon.

It's acting up again, sluggish. In Imternet Explorer MSN

I received yet another series of updates last night, that's the 4th in as many days.

I'm OK in Firefox.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
how often do you run CCleaner?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never ran ccleaner.

But today I called Guruaid, my contract security provider that I pay annually.

They fixed it !!!! Back to OK normal !!!!!

Don't know what they did but it's OK now. The site is different and now has numerous fonts in various colors ????

You never know with them. I called last time and they said it was endemic to the website and they could not fix it.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Relapse.

The Guruaid fix didn't last very long. It's back to the same old. same old - Internet Explorer unusable.

And MORE updates last night. Didn't help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (1973cb450, 808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 744 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.