Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No description of suspect in either story, so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it was one of Obama's sons.....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/02/us/memphis-officer-killed-traffic-stop/

August 2, 2015

(CNN)—A manhunt is underway for a suspect who fatally shot a police officer during a traffic stop in Tennessee, authorities said Sunday.

Memphis Police Officer Sean Bolton, 33, was shot multiple times Saturday night by a person who was in the car he pulled over, police said.

The assailant remains at large, Memphis police spokeswoman Karen Rudolph said.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/02/memphis-cop-fatally-shot-during-traffic-stop-manhunt-underway/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A manhunt continued Sunday following the fatal shooting of a Memphis police officer who was killed the previous night during a traffic stop, Tennessee police officials said.

Memphis Police Director Toney Armstrong said during a news conference that police were alerted about 9:18 p.m. Saturday that an officer had been shot multiple times. Armstrong said the officer was transported in critical condition to a hospital, where he died.

In a statement Sunday morning, Memphis Police identified the slain officer as Sean Bolton, 33. Police also said that a civilian had used Bolton’s radio to notify police about the shooting. No further details were released.

Armstrong said police have not made an arrest and the suspect is on the run. He said police are using all available resources to find the shooter.

Bolton was shot near one of the main arteries in southeast Memphis, an area that includes homes, apartments and businesses. Police are looking for potential witnesses and are asking for members of the public who have information about the suspect to come forward. No suspects have been publicly identified.

Armstrong said officers are grieving, adding that “this is just a reminder of how dangerous” the job is.

“Sadly to say, we’ve been here before,” he said.

Bolton is the third Memphis officer to be fatally shot in slightly more than four years. Officer Tim Warren was killed while responding to a shooting at a downtown Memphis hotel in July 2011. In December 2012, Officer Martoiya Lang was killed while serving a warrant.

Memphis Mayor A.C. Wharton Jr. said Bolton’s death “speaks volumes about the inherent danger of police work” and asked others to “pray for the family and pray for our city.” During past police shootings, both Wharton and Armstrong have said too many violent criminals are out on the street and have easy access to guns.

“The men and women in blue have certain rules of engagement that they have to follow, but at any given minute in a 24-hour day they’re dealing with folks who have no rules of engagement,” Wharton said.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Standing by for the flood of protests demanding Justice for Bolton.

.....crickets.....

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They did arrest a "person of interest"

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If Officer Bolton's white and his assailant was of color, you can bet it won't get farther than local news.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My son knew him personally, as they served together in the Marines in Iraq. He described him as a genuinely good man. So sad to make home only to be killed by a local P.O.S.
R.I.P. Officer Bolton.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Beyond sad. RIP Marine.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way for Officer Bolton, his family, friends, and fellow officers.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A crying shame.

Police Departments in large cities should require two man patrols.

The kinds of sons of bitches that are shooting down cops at traffic stops are cowardly. If they knew another cop was backing up the one doing the talking, it would cut down the numbers of these murders by a bunch.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
A crying shame.

Police Departments in large cities should require two man patrols.

The kinds of sons of bitches that are shooting down cops at traffic stops are cowardly. If they knew another cop was backing up the one doing the talking, it would cut down the numbers of these murders by a bunch.

i really don't know if they are cowardly, but an officer with a backup couldn't be bad. the same goes for a bunch of stuff.

two police in a car has it's opponents, but there's plenty of support for the policy as well.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The more folks get the idea the cops may rough them up or even kill them over minor shyt the more cops will be killed over minor shyt. The cops bring a lot of this on themselves because they make people afraid to cooperate/surrender peaceably.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How do you know it was over 'minor' shiet Einstein?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
His black heart told him so...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't really care one way or another. I've seen enough people needlessly roughed up or killed by cops over the last few years that I just can't muster much sympathy.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yeah sure, so you buy into the race baiting propaganda. Soft minds...remain ignorant and proud of it. Not a good excuse for the lack of respect for law and order.

Last edited by Wyogal; 08/02/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I don't really care one way or another. I've seen enough people needlessly roughed up or killed by cops over the last few years that I just can't muster much sympathy.

Needlessly? If you personally know that many people who have been roughed up/killed by police I question what type of characters you associate with. I'm getting pretty sick of all the cop hating on this site, granted by just a few. But it gets tiring.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Praying for Officer Bolton and his family.

R.I.P.Brother

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by T LEE
Praying for Officer Bolton and his family.

R.I.P.Brother

+1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Huntingnut
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Needlessly? If you personally know that many people who have been roughed up/killed by police I question what type of characters you associate with. I'm getting pretty sick of all the cop hating on this site, granted by just a few. But it gets tiring.
Didn't say I knew any of them personally but I do watch the news. The latest incident was just a couple weeks ago with Sandra Bland or whatever her name was and yes, she was needlessly roughed up. Furthermore, I have come to view the cops as little more than paid govt. thugs that are mostly just here to make sure none of us peasants get too far out of line and turn over a sufficient amount of our income to keep feeding the giant leech. We have VERY LITTLE crime around here. There has only been one murder in my old home town in my lifetime and that one was committed by a retired NYC cop. The ONE TIME I ever called the cops in my entire life was when my car was broken into. Some lowlife smashed out a window and stole my stereo and my favorite Buck knife. The cops refused to do a damned thing to try to find out who did it. They just laughed and told me I watch too much TV when I suggested they try to get fingerprints.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Yeah sure, so you buy into the race baiting propaganda. Soft minds...remain ignorant and proud of it. Not a good excuse for the lack of respect for law and order.
Oh yeah, almost forgot. GFY.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
The chief of police said ' all lives matter"--- that means the officer was white.
Will not hear about this on the MSN

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
473 members (1Longbow, 160user, 30378, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 44 invisible), 2,188 guests, and 1,001 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.