Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
Got no interest in a rolling couch.

My cycle needs are primarily my work commute and then bumming around Door County and the UP.

Zero interest in long range running or rallies or any of that stuff.

HD Dyna Series is a good compromise.........find a good used Super Glide Custom & rock on. Lots around at good prices.

I do not like the new Low Rider at all &, at least for now, they've used it to replace the SG Custom.

This is the one I ride regularly........Woods Cams & a SuperTrapp Exhaust, 96" motor. It'll snatch the front wheel up real quick like & has all the power & speed any normal person can want.

Nimble enough in any kind of situation, yet will make long runs if needed, & it'll ride 2 up if the need arises too.

MM

[Linked Image]

MM

BP-B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Bought a new 1400 Moto Guzzi Cali last year.
Still riding all the other old iron.
I don't wave. I ride alone.
First set 2 wheels '46 Cushman, younger than me.

Attached Images
attachments.jpg (28.71 KB, 79 downloads)
IMG_0534.jpg (81.15 KB, 79 downloads)
IMG_0032.jpg (84.34 KB, 69 downloads)
35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do yourself a favor and take this for a test ride.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcd/5150322099.html
It`s a cruiser that thinks it`s a sport bike,with goobs of torque.
Looks like this one needs a Power Commander and some Samson Ripsaws:):)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Teal,
Congrats on getting your endorsement and thanks for a fun thread. I've enjoyed looking at all the pics posted.

I've been riding a HD Street 750, and it's been a nice upgrade to my Suzuki Savage 650. It's primarily water cooled, and it's my understanding that only the V-Rod, in the HD line, has used the water-cooled engine.

I use my Street for work commute, day trips, and look forward to an 1-2 day trip up to Spokane and Northern Idaho. I recently took it to a bike rally in Eastern Oregon and had a blast riding with other riders on all types of bikes. The Street is a real conversation piece, as this bike is unlike anything else HD has came out with.

If you enjoy polishing chrome, this bike is not for you. The Streets have mostly black for the engine and exhaust. I added the Screaming Eagle air cleaner and 2 brothers exhaust for some additional horse power....and talk about easy to handle! Other riders commented on how I could take the corners in the mountains with ease and speed.

Google the HD website and you can take a look. They come in flat black, glossy black, and a deep red. ...customizing the bike is the fun part.

One other suggestion would be to find out when your local HD dealership is offering trial rides on their bikes. This is what I did and the bike sold itself.

~ Sherri

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Spent a lot of time on the Street 500 in class. Decent little bike but not for me.

Me

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Gotcha. Nothing like riding one to find out. The 750 has enough power for what I need to do. I'll need something larger once I have the time to do longer trips.

Regardless, it will be fun to see what you end up with!

Last edited by asphaltangel; 08/01/15. Reason: changed wording
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GuyM
Am still thoroughly enjoying my 2009 Suzuki DL 650.

[Linked Image]

Have had up to 800 miles days, have done 200 miles of dirt in one day on it. Comfortable, decent handling. Not the best at anything, but a good general purpose bike.

Plenty of pep for me, with that little twin 650.

Regards, Guy

Lots of outdoors folks like that bike. I thought about getting one and couldn't decide if I wanted the v strom 1000 or the wee strom 650. I decided to just stay out of anymore debt cause I already have a XR650R and I'm not gonna trade it in or sale it.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As one who was trying to keep up with Asphaltangel in the curves of NE Oregon during the first annual Pendleton Bike Week, I can attest to how quick and nimble she and her still new to her 750 street are. I have been riding for about 35 years and was able to ride as fast as I cared to without worrying if Sherri could keep up for a change. With her Suzuki that was an issue, now solved!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
^^^

Eat a dick

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
At the Street's price point - I'm again looking at a Yamaha - the FZ-07 is right there at MSRP sub 7k.

I liked the 500 I rode and it's a very un-intimidating machine. Fit and finish are what I'd expect at that price but I wasn't all that impressed with the transmission.

You had to decidedly depress the lever 2x to get from 2 to 1 with regularity. It just loved to find neutral for me. Bike only had 341 miles on it - so maybe some breaking in but I wasn't real impressed with it. The linkage shifting also felt like I had to move the lever a mile to make a gear change.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Andrew,

Take a gander at the new Indians while you're at it. Nice looking machines.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Sean - there's an Indian dealer here I've been meaning to get to for a couple of years. Indian, BMW and Ducati dealership.

I have to get the endorsement actually put on my license this week and then I'm going to stop in and see what/what.

Me

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
... [Linked Image]

These are some of Harley's best handling and best looking all-around bikes. Had a '09 Super Glide Custom, now an '06 XL883/1200C.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pal,

Great looking Sporty you have there! My HD is a former 883 also, the 883R now a bit over 1200cc's with a mild hot rodding or build to the motor. I put the fattest good quality tires we could shoehorn into the swingarm and between the forks on it and it is the most fun motorcycle I have ever had so far.

Yes, one can ride a Harley and have a reliable,good handling and quick bike at the same time.

Keep the rubber side down!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by safariman
As one who was trying to keep up with Asphaltangel in the curves of NE Oregon during the first annual Pendleton Bike Week, I can attest to how quick and nimble she and her still new to her 750 street are. I have been riding for about 35 years and was able to ride as fast as I cared to without worrying if Sherri could keep up for a change. With her Suzuki that was an issue, now solved!
I don't know why you would even take the time to post anything. Do you really think anyone here is going to believe an ounce of what spouts out of ur mouth. Give it a rest man. Actually call it done. Go find somewhere else to spew ur lies.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow, you guys bounce back from bankruptcy better/faster than a simple guy like me could ever believe is possible.

In only a matter of a few months you've gone from dire straits, claiming that you couldn't afford your post-kidney transplant meds, to the ability to afford and justify the purchase of an expensive new toy, unbelievable.

No shame? No guilt? No remorse? No conscience? No good.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The reason is because all of it is a lie, every bit of anything he says is a lie.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
mine on the Going-to-the-Sun

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and on the Beartooth Highway in a snow squall, which was different for me. usually I get into thunderstorms up there.

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really need to bring my rice burner back from the dead. To get a spark will cost more than the bike is worth, right?
70,000 very hard miles on it but it didn't leak and wore tires out on the sides. I hard-faced the footpegs.
Beartooth, CA 20, CA 1, CA 4, OR 3, Mines Road, Mt. Ham, Page Mill, Alices, Skyline....CA 36....
Boy that was fun.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My V65 Sabre turned 31 this year. Still pretty to look at and still pulls hard. Washed and waxed then ran the tank empty today.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
280 members (1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 29aholic, 39 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,627
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.