Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BOWHUNR Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I received this from my PH in Zim this morning. According to him it was sent out to all hunting operators. I don't like the smell of this at all!!

http://www.zimparks.org/index.php/m...ildlife-conservation-and-monitoring-fund

MEASURES TAKEN BY THE GOVERNMENT OF ZIMBABWE TO IMPROVE THE ADMINISTRATION OF HUNTING IN THE COUNTRY.

Following the illegal killing of an iconic lion, Cecil, outside the Hwange National Park on Antoinette farm in Gwayi River Conservancy on the 1st of July 2015, it has become necessary that the Government of Zimbabwe further tightens hunting regulations in all areas outside the National Parks Estate.

The Government of Zimbabwe has directed Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies to undertake an industry wide investigation to crack down and weed out any illegal hunting activities. The investigations have since found and arrested another culprit, Headman Sibanda, on allegations of breaching hunting regulations in that he hunted without a quota and permit at his Railway Farm 31 and is also the owner of Nyala Safaris which conducted the hunt. It has since been established that his client is also an American called Jan Casmir Sieski who was in the country in April 2015.Mr Sieski’s registered the following address on the TRAS 2, 4660 Twin Oaks Drive, Murrysville PA, 15668, Pennysyvania. Sibanda is currently assisting Police with investigations.

Contrary to media reports circulating on social network media sites and copied from Mr Johnny Rodrigues’s website alleging that another popular icon lion known as Jericho was killed. Investigations have since established that Jericho is still alive and monitored by the lion research project in Hwange National Park who confirmed sighting Jericho as at 7am on 2 August 2015.

Government, in addition to investigations has put in place the following measures with immediate effect;

Hunting of lions, leopards and elephants in areas outside of Hwange National Park has been suspended .Government is also directing all those currently in the field to stop their hunting activities and withdraw.
Government is very much aware of the financial implications on the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority, the Safari Industry, CAMPFIRE Communities and Wildlife Producers affected by this suspension and therefore appeals for funding from the donor community and well-wishers to assist Zimbabwe Parks and Management Authority to thoroughly investigate operations of this important hunting industry. Financial resources generated will ensure that Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority has sufficient capacity to monitor the activities of this important hunting industry as required by law. Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority has set up a specific wildlife conservation and monitoring fund for this purpose and well-wishers can deposit the funds into
Barclays Bank, Mgundumu Safaris Branch Code 2157 Account Number 6614241.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't have any info from my PH in Zim at this time, but I've got feelers out. In order to be prudent, I have to be making contingency plans to cancel my buffalo hunt this month.

Not a happy camper right now.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Before any facts are known, nor a proper investigation, the Zimbabwean government releases the name and address of the hunter from April to the media.... complete and utter BS.

Now this man, his family, reputation, and business is going to be targeted, harassed, and threats perpetrated.

Rather sad, and I feel for the good people in Zimbabwe as they face some serious challenges. I've hunted in Zimbabwe, and made some friends in the country, however, going forward Zimbabwe is permanently off my list of destinations...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I don't have any info from my PH in Zim at this time, but I've got feelers out. In order to be prudent, I have to be making contingency plans to cancel my buffalo hunt this month.

Not a happy camper right now.

I'd rather risk a trip to a San Fran bathhouse than I would to be a Doctor on a hunting trip in Zimbabwe.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The government is “directing all those in currently in the field to stop their hunting activities and withdraw,” Zimbabwean Environment Secretary Prince Mupazviriho said in an e-mailed statement today.

Zimbabwe Orders All Hunters to ‘Withdraw’ After Killing of Cecil

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
They are asking for donations to help them with the wildlife hunting management.
Government is very much aware of the financial implications on the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority, the Safari Industry, CAMPFIRE Communities and Wildlife Producers affected by this suspension and therefore appeals for funding from the donor community and well-wishers to assist Zimbabwe Parks and Management Authority to thoroughly investigate operations of this important hunting industry.
Well wishers can send money.
Talk about, not letting, a (manufactured) crisis go to waste.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It appers Delta just jumped on the bandwagon and will no longer freight elephant, Lion, leopard, rhino or buffalo.

Joining with SAA I believe?

Things are turning to chit pretty quickly.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And yet none of those c u n ts gave a crap as white farmers were being beaten and murdered. Truly amazing.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Liberals, anti-hunters, and Africans no longer surprise me.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
One lion gets poached, they shut down the whole country.....really bright but then again.....it's Africa.

I wouldn't take a free hunt to that country.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Mugabe and his regime of thugs, nothing surprises me, and all our dumbass media/anti hunter/liberals are culpable, in this mess......mad

maddog

BOWHUNR Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Agree 100%! My friends lost the farm that had been in their family for almost 100 years. Yet they go on trying to scratch out a living from hunting and now this. I question how many more blows below the belt they can take.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I lived in several African Countries.

Something has to be done. The poaching is absolutely horrendous. Looking back at the decline of animals over the past 50 years it is shocking.

I do have a question.

It is said that nothing under .375 caliber may be used on the big dangerous game.

The media said that Cecil was shot variously with a cross bow and alternately a bow and arrow.

Is bow hunting legal on big game ?

If it is does that make any common sense ?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Email from my PH this morning says this isn't a big deal in Zim outside of the few disputed areas on the margins of the national park. I'm getting the same info from folks in the know at DSC and SCI. The Mugabe govt. can't afford to shut down hunting, it's their only cash crop. But the hunting around the national park was sketchy at best and was going to come under the hammer sooner or later.

In any event, so far I'm looking OK for the Bubye Conservancy at the end of the month.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Email from my PH this morning says this isn't a big deal in Zim outside of the few disputed areas on the margins of the national park. I'm getting the same info from folks in the know at DSC and SCI. The Mugabe govt. can't afford to shut down hunting, it's their only cash crop. But the hunting around the national park was sketchy at best and was going to come under the hammer sooner or later.

In any event, so far I'm looking OK for the Bubye Conservancy at the end of the month.

You will have a grand time, Doc. I am hearing the exact same thing from folks on the ground over there and in the know. Enjoy!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

You will have a grand time, Doc. I am hearing the exact same thing from folks on the ground over there and in the know. Enjoy!

So, how do you plan on getting any trophies home?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Easy. First, Delta ain't the only game in town, and just like Emirates Air and SAA they will eventually rescind the ban on trophies. Second, get yourself a good expediter like Coppersmith or a bunch of others and they will take care of thngs. Lastly, and cheaper, have your trophies shipped by sea. Lots of folks do it.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Easy. First, Delta ain't the only game in town, and just like Emirates Air and SAA they will eventually rescind the ban on trophies. Second, get yourself a good expediter like Coppersmith or a bunch of others and they will take care of thngs. Lastly, and cheaper, have your trophies shipped by sea. Lots of folks do it.

Cool. Just checking to see how y'all are managing it and managing not to get f'ked by the congenital idiots making these "decisions".

I'm still at a loss as to how/why to support Mugabe in any fashion, but that's a topic for another discussion and likely in person.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If the airlines really wanted to make a point they wouldn't allow anyone to fly with firearms as checked baggage.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It is a very good topic for discussion Sean and one of the few where I can see both sides. Suffice to say I am on the hunting side, even if Mugabe profits for two simple reasons, there are enough former Rhodesians still embedded in the Parks infrastructure who really are responsible in ensuring game survives as a renewable resource and it allows the five thousand or so whites left there a means of income and survival.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,891
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.