Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I rotate the spark plugs around every 5000 to ensure they wear evenly.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seafire is a National Treasure.
He takes his battery, plugs, brake pads, starter, alternator, fuel pump, tires, water pump, cooler, lights, a/c compressor and strap-on back to the vendor 1 day before the "warranty" is up for "return".......Free.....
Then brags about it......
on his way to church, scouts or to save another life.

A poster boy of the anyone but me should pay.........for everything.....
But look how many miles I get outta my rigs.

Have Dog

Will Travel

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I replace front and rear seals, head gasket and transmission every 43K.

Steel I was doing that at 43K but my truck was leaking 1.3127 ounces of oil between my 25K mi oil changes, so I rolled back to 42.7K on the seal changes. Lord knows I wouldn't want to spill a drop into this precious dirt we call earth.

Last edited by Hammer2506; 08/01/15.

Fück Joe byron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wageslave
Seafire is a National Treasure.
He takes his battery, plugs, brake pads, starter, alternator, fuel pump, tires, water pump, cooler, lights, a/c compressor and strap-on back to the vendor 1 day before the "warranty" is up for "return".......Free.....
Then brags about it......
on his way to church, scouts or to save another life.

A poster boy of the anyone but me should pay.........for everything.....
But look how many miles I get outta my rigs.

jealousy will get you nowhere Gilligan....

guess you boys have nothing better to do than to start up a thread 6 weeks after it sorta died....but I'm glad you YoYos did...its hilarious so many people get there shorts in such a knot because someone does routine maintenance on their vehicles, more often than they do....

but party on Boys... you've earned it...sorta like Waldorf and Statler wannabes from the Muppets....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Muppets?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Enough of the insults already. Sheesh. Either stick to the subject or just drop it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We'll drop it at 50k, whether it needs it or not.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

I am surely not jealous of stealing.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
We'll drop it at 50k, whether it needs it or not.

Can’t even see 50K in the rearview anymore....just saying.. wink

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by Seafire

I am surely not jealous of stealing.

Jesus will be proud of you....

you haven't been around for a while, yet you somehow managed to find THIS THREAD to put in your two cents after the fact, with your normal negative bravado.. just to impress your HERO Rauncho Bozo... Campfire Queen of Useless Posts?

Yeah, SNAFU for you pair of Keyboard Commandos...............

You Bozos need to round up two more Morons and you can call yourselves the Fantastic Four..... maybe a couple of Muppets aren't doing anything important in their lives either...

oh, and the odometer says 49,998.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Condensation

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Transmission fluid is almost identical to motor oil and nobody changes that onnce a year due to condensation. Maybe because the engine draws air into it and the tranny doesn't?

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Transmission lubricants are not in contact with any part of the combustion cycle, e.g. exhaust gases.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I know this is going to give Rauncho Bozo and Slavey heart attacks... but I drain the trans every 20K...runs me less than $100 every 100K.....

see how far $100 get you in tranny repair at 100K.....

but then they think REAL MEN don't do preventative maintenance..."Rocket Scientists" they are and all...

sure they think REAL MEN don't take a bath but once a week....as they know the old argument, "They will only get dirty again...."

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ironbender
When the filter is loaded?

Ding ding... when it is super loaded. Ideally it should have a restriction gauge or filter minder telling you its at 25 in h20 restriction.

Most cars dont have them, but I assume military vehicles do. Off road equipment normally does.

I was hoping the military trained guy would tell us how the army does it and how he does it.

Changing air filters too early or too often lets more dust in the engine than running them really really dirty.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by seal_billy
When it looks dirty.

Buzz...

(or half credit)

Ive seen engine air filters in lab test and on off road equipment and most people dont know what dirty looks like.

I was hoping our military guy would tell us how they handled air filters in sandy places.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no problem with maintenance.
I'm in the maintenance business.
I do have a problem with dishonesty.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, this was quite the thread.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by humdinger

Ding ding... when it is super loaded. Ideally it should have a restriction gauge or filter minder telling you its at 25 in h20 restriction.

Most cars dont have them, but I assume military vehicles do. Off road equipment normally does.

I was hoping the military trained guy would tell us how the army does it and how he does it.

Changing air filters too early or too often lets more dust in the engine than running them really really dirty.

I try to change the one on my diesel before the turbo collapses the intake. But sometimes I wait until after.

Is the theory that changing the air filter too often exposes the clean side to accumulated dust in the airbox/housing? Or does a new filter not filter as well as one that is "seasoned"?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by humdinger

I try to change the one on my diesel before the turbo collapses the intake. But sometimes I wait until after.

Is the theory that changing the air filter too often exposes the clean side to accumulated dust in the airbox/housing? Or does a new filter not filter as well as one that is "seasoned"?

Both. A new air filter has to load a little bit to get its best efficiency. The dust actually holds dust to itself better.

I would avoid the air intake hose collapse if you can. They should be designed for 35 in h20 or more and you start to flex fatigue the hose and risk dusting eventually. Air filters I spec usually have 100 in-h20 collapse so the hose will go before the filter.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,621
Posts18,455,093
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.