Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Walkers a deer hunter,and has done alot for gun rights in Wi.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Scott Walker championed and signed the CCW bill in WI that had been vetoed by previous governors. Walker is solidly pro 2A without doubt.

I'm a former Wisconsinite and followed this issue very closely for many years. Walker is the real deal - a true conservative and electable.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by ironbender
Cruz is the most pro-2A in the lot.

Cruz is my guy....... but Rick Perry wins the 2A contest over ALL the others.By a wide margin.

Neither of which will sniff the republican ticket for POTUS.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I don't trust any candidate born and raised in Liberal states when it comes to the 2A. We've had enough problems with those who came from conservative states.

Guns were either a part of your growing up... or they weren't.

You either grew up with the idea that armed self defense is a right......... or you didn't.

We have NEVER had a staunch supporter of the 2A in the W H.

This. On the other hand, his sons are big time Big Game hunters and gun guys, so maybe he is. I'm still holding fire until these guys get hashed out some more. I just can't get past the hair and the obnoxious NYC attitude...

Most of the ruling class favor firearms for themselves, I have doubts about Trumps concern for the little people, especially after he gets our votes.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
On the other hand, his sons are big time Big Game hunters and gun guys, so maybe he is.

I don't trust him. On the other hand, he clearly doesn't believe in anything, so maybe he cares so little about the 2A, he'll leave it alone out of laziness.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
"Allow concealed carry as part of right to bear arms"

We enhanced public safety and the Second Amendment rights of our citizens. My predecessor, Jim Doyle, had repeatedly vetoed legislation to allow the carry of concealed firearms. I signed it into law, transforming Wisconsin from one of the more restrictive to one of the freest states in the union when it comes to the right to bear arms.
Source: Unintimidated, by Scott Walker, p.216 , Nov 18, 2013

"The Second Amendment is not optional"

Protecting and preserving our constitutional freedoms is one of the most important things a governor can do. The Bill of Rights forbids the government from infringing on the freedoms unique to America, but that hasn't deterred politicians who want to treat the Second Amendment as optional and strip us of the right to keep and bear arms. I will fight these attempts to get around the U.S. and Wisconsin Constitutions and I will strive to protect our rights today and for future generations."
Source: Campaign website, scottwalker.org, "Issues" , Nov 2, 2010

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Scott_Walker_Gun_Control.htm

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
I don't trust any candidate born and raised in Liberal states when it comes to the 2A. We've had enough problems with those who came from conservative states.

You either grew up with the idea that armed self defense is a right......... or you didn't.

I came from a non shooting indoor family. Maybe I was switched at the hospital but I became a gun guy about the same time I learned to walk. When you consider I was born in NY it kind of wrecks your statement. wink

Only if YOU are a candidate.

Next ?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone

Cruz is my guy....... but Rick Perry wins the 2A contest over ALL the others.By a wide margin.

Neither of which will sniff the republican ticket for POTUS.

Granted....... that they won't do well in Minnesota.

Christie is a good fit for y'all.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I came from a non shooting indoor family. Maybe I was switched at the hospital but I became a gun guy about the same time I learned to walk. When you consider I was born in NY it kind of wrecks your statement. wink

Only if YOU are a candidate.

Next ?

Cruz is, if only barely.

We haven't done too well with transplant Rs, either (W, or GHWB, or LBJ). We've done better with governors from traditional D states that won as Rs (Reagan; Nixon).

As for the "never 2A supporter" bit; hogwash. Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe....hmmm... There's a clue in there...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
scuse me....... LBJ. An R ?

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am not a Trump supporter. Fact is I have not decided who I think would be best to straighten out the mess we have become.

But I decided not to just read the Campfire and look to what I could find. Sure enough, trump is an out and out gun hater. The following with links prove it. It took me almost three minutes of searching to find the quotes below.

" Trump told Breitbart News in April: "It is so important that we maintain the Second Amendment and that we maintain it strongly. And one of the main reasons is because the good people, the upstanding people, follow laws and norms, but the bad ones don't."
LINK

“I am a Life Member of the NRA and am proud of their service in protecting our right to keep and bear arms. The NRA’s efforts to stop dangerous, gun-banning legislation and regulation is invaluable. The media focus on those efforts overshadows the great work the NRA does on behalf of safety and conservation.

I have a permit to carry and, living in New York, I know firsthand the challenges law-abiding citizens have in exercising their Second Amendment rights. My most trusted sources are my sons, Don, Jr. and Eric. They are fantastic sportsmen and are deeply involved in hunting, competitive shooting, and habitat conservation.”

“I certainly stand by my opposition to Gun Control when it comes to taking guns from law-abiding citizens. You mention that the media describes the AR-15 as an “assault rifle,” which is one example of the many distortions they use to sell their agenda. However, the AR-15 does not fall under this category. Gun-banners are unfortunately preoccupied with the AR-15, magazine capacity, grips, and other aesthetics, precisely because of its popularity.”
“To the Left every gun is an assault weapon.”

“Gun control does not reduce crime. It has consistently failed to stop violence. Americans are entitled to protect their families, their property and themselves. In fact, in right-to-carry states the violent crime rate is 24% lower than the rest of the United States and the murder rate is 28% lower. This should not be up for debate.”

“The Second Amendment is a bedrock natural right of the individual to defend self, family, and property. It is a ridiculous notion to ever repeal it.”

“I do not support expanding background checks. The current background checks do not work.”

“They make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to acquire firearms while consistently failing to stop criminals from getting guns. We should re-examine our policy to make sure that these prohibitions do not impede law abiding citizens from exercising their Second Amendment rights.”

“[gun free zones] No, not optional. As Commander-in-Chief, I would mandate that soldiers remain armed and on alert at our military bases.
President Clinton never should have passed a ban on soldiers being able to protect themselves on bases. America’s Armed Forces will be armed.

They will be able to defend themselves against terrorists. Our brave soldiers should not be at risk because of policy created by civilian leadership. Political correctness has no place in this debate.”
LINK

Donald Trump was unfortunately proven right on another one of his top issues Thursday: "gun free zones" at military bases.

There are indications that Thursday's shooting at two military bases in Chattanooga, Tenn., occurred at or near "gun free zones."

In an interview with the website AmmoLand.com, Trump decried the zones on military bases, suggesting that they left highly-trained gun operators without a weapon to fire at attackers, with the exception of military police.
LINK

My condolences and prayers to the victims of the terrorist attack in Paris.
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 7, 2015

Why does Obama continue to release the worst of the worst from Gitmo?! Look at Paris and wake up!

If the people so violently shot down in Paris had guns, at least they would have had a fighting chance.

Isn’t it interesting that the tragedy in Paris took place in one of the toughest gun control countries in the world?

Remember, when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!
LINK

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

Googled that 5 ways to Sunday, seems to be a legit quote from his book.

There you go...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I went through a heck of a lot more BS to get my CCW in Texas than I did in WI.

WI actually makes it easy.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The super liberal gun hating state or Washington makes it pretty easy. You have to have a valid ID and fingerprints. No classes or testing. It is like they may have read the Bill Of Rights.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The super liberal gun hating state or Washington makes it pretty easy. You have to have a valid ID and fingerprints. No classes or testing. It is like they may have read the Bill Of Rights.

Sent the state a copy of my DL and hunter's safety card.

CCW came in the mail in 12 days.

GTG.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That is easy. I had to give them my prints.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
scuse me....... LBJ. An R ?

As much as GHWB or GWB and more Tejican than either.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd prefer carry without any types of hoops but that particular hoop isn't too bad.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by teal
I'd prefer carry without any types of hoops but that particular hoop isn't too bad.

So do I.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RickyD
Actually, I doubt if Trump has given it a lot of thought. He's not a career politician. He's a businessman.
And a liberal. Or a conservative. Depends on the day. Just call him a chameleon.

For those who want a guy who says what he thinks people want to hear. Vote Trump. Doubtful he'll do any of the things he promises, or keep to his stated values and policies, but he'll keep himself in the news.

Real estate developers sell dreams. They never talk about dirty details.
All this baby needs is a coat of paint and she's good to go.
1987 book by Trump: The Art of the Deal “Honesty Is for Chumps”

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

610 members (1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 74 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,309
Posts18,449,150
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.