Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Valsdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Any traditional shooters out there that know of a retail source of black powder in the N. Idaho/ E. Washington area? Spokane, Tri-Cities, Lewiston/CLarkston, Post Falls, etc?

My supply of 3F is getting low and I don't use that much so I'd like a place to pick up 2-3 lbs maybe.

Oh, I don't use the BP substitutes. I can find those around in most places anyway.

Thanks,
Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
(Most likely Goex and clear across state)
Tacoma, WA | Bass Pro Shops
7905 S. Hosmer Street
Tacoma, WA 98408
253-671-5700

Most-all members here have joined multiple boards like this one. Consider joining a ML messageboard in Washington and get your more-local questions answered more rapidly.
Washington State Muzzleloader Messageboard

Last edited by Triple_Se7en; 08/04/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buy online. Since you're getting a few pounds, the hazmat charge per pound ain't so bad and will save time and gas.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
(Most likely Goex and clear across state)
Tacoma, WA | Bass Pro Shops
7905 S. Hosmer Street
Tacoma, WA 98408
253-671-5700

Most-all members here have joined multiple boards like this one. Consider joining a ML messageboard in Washington and get your more-local questions answered more rapidly.
Washington State Muzzleloader Messageboard

Good advice.

If you ARE going to Tacoma, go to the blackpowder shop in Puyallup instead. Jim is good people and will fix ya up.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the advice guys.

Not sure when I'll next be on the "populated" part of the Wet side of the state. Have a trip planned to the rainshadow side of the Oly peminsula in a few weeks to check out possible retirement areas. But I tend to stay away from cities as much as possible.

Not sure about joining another board. Sometimes seems I don't have time to use all the resources available on the 'fire. But I'll check out the link.

I may buy online but I generally get to Spokane or the tri-cities area once every couple of months, and Lewiston sometimes twice a month. Will be going there this afternoon as a matter of fact.

Brazos, where is this BP shop in Puyallup? My wife, who lives in the Ptlnd area gets up that way with the dogs occasionaly. I may get up there with her once my season here on the dry side ends in Mid-Nov.

Thanks again for all the help.

OH, a source in the Portland area might work too, as I get there once every month and a half or so.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Puyallup Valley Taxidermy and Muzzleloaders Supply
6514 River Rd E.
Puyallup, WA 98371
2five3 922-one717

Can't miss the place, has a moose on the roof!

Surely there is some place in Spokane.. White Elephant maybe?

Good luck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.buffaloarms.com/Default.aspx

Says they are in Ponderay, ID

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for those addresses Brazos.

I found out from a guy working at Black SHeep in Lewiston that the True Value Hardware store in Clarkston carries some, but of course, they're out! They only carry Goex and are getting a shipment of 3F hopefully next week. I'll hope to get back up that way in a week so. Gonna be about 8 days before I get off work long enough to get into town, and when I go I have to visit a body shop as I whacked a muley doe with the truck tonight. No major damage that I can see, just a pain as I live quite a ways out of town.

Once again, sure appreciate the help.
Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're welcome.

Good to know about Clarkston.

Bob.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Powder was in when I went to town a few days ago. I picked up a couple of pounds. Should last me a bit as I don't shoot my BP gun much anymore.

A bit more "spensive" than I remember.

Comes in a plastic "can" now, too? (but so does Marvel Mystery Oil, am I showing my age?)

Geno

In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Any traditional shooters out there that know of a retail source of black powder in the N. Idaho/ E. Washington area? Spokane, Tri-Cities, Lewiston/CLarkston, Post Falls, etc?

My supply of 3F is getting low and I don't use that much so I'd like a place to pick up 2-3 lbs maybe.

Oh, I don't use the BP substitutes. I can find those around in most places anyway.

Thanks,
Geno

You might try to contact Black Sheep.

NRA Lifetime Member
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have bought BP several times from Fort Wallula Firearms at Wallula Junction (where the Snake meets the Columbia). 509-547-5906 or 509-531-6434.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hooker22
I have bought BP several times from Fort Wallula Firearms at Wallula Junction (where the Snake meets the Columbia). 509-547-5906 or 509-531-6434.

I think you mean where the Walla Walla meets the Columbia...

Thanks for the tip.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (02bfishn, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,222
Posts18,466,460
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.