Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by hatari
I will also add that he can pack more whoop-ass than you can likely handle in a month. Could be wrong since I don't know you, but my money's on Johnny.

Sorry, I guess that was Scott on the call out. Statement true either way.

So you're saying JG is a fire breathing 54 year old bad ass that'll whoop on anybody that get's cross ways with him?

Relative of Biq Squeeze by any chance?

Thanks for the belly laugh!

David

Dude,

He could pretty much whoop anyone not named John Shsrp. JG ain't that badass. Check the Africa Forum if you need to know John Sharp.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I will also add that he can pack more whoop-ass than you can likely handle in a month. Could be wrong since I don't know you, but my money's on Johnny.

Sorry, I guess that was Scott on the call out. Statement true either way.

So you're saying JG is a fire breathing 54 year old bad ass that'll whoop on anybody that get's cross ways with him?

Relative of Biq Squeeze by any chance?

Thanks for the belly laugh!

David

Dude,

He could pretty much whoop anyone not named John Shsrp. JG ain't that badass. Check the Africa Forum if you need to know John Sharp.

Dude,

Do you know how stupid you sound talking about a 54 year old in the context of "he could pretty much whoop anyone...."?

Crank up the Bon Jovi and drink a cold one bruh!

David

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
[quote=Canazes9]

I often times give my tag to kids who deserve it......

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Nice deer, happy hunters, well done

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You don't know him and I do, therefore I'm better qualified to pass judgement on the subject than John Bon Jovi.

I know a 60 year old I ain't crossing - John Sharp.

[Linked Image]

Look, chances are you two will never cross paths. I'm trying to help you out. wink

Last edited by hatari; 08/12/15.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now back to the original topic - African carry or use a sling. Don't stress your optics or mounts. This scope carry thing must be left over from Eugene Stoner putting a handle on the AR15/M16.

You'd be surprised how many people didnt know that. wink

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for getting us back on topic.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Dude,

Do you know how stupid you sound talking about a 54 year old in the context of "he could pretty much whoop anyone...."?

David

Hmmm...sounds like the musings of a wet-behind-the-ears 30-something poster.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Dude,

David

I suspect you're being generous. Who says "bruh" anyway (other than teen-somethings- and what does it actually mean?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Dude,

David

Glad the sarcasm wasn't lost on you.

David

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Nevertheless, I'd be happy to hunt with you on my turf simply because I know you'd ask whatever questions you needed answered….and you don't need your hand held, if only obviously. Yeah, I can read sign. smile (Conversely, there are some that wouldn't, and do.) As some have been known to say, "This ain't rocket surgery."

Bob and I are doing some hunting together this fall.
I'm rather looking forward to it. smile

And maybe coming home with his Mashburn. *grins*

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Klik: Thanks! smile

You,too Scott. Just don't forget this a high dollar hunt and I may need my hand held,because....you know.....I am a high paid lawyer and usually pay a LOT of money for ALL my hunts. grin

People I never met know this...laffin'.

Last edited by BobinNH; 08/13/15.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know what they say Bob. Nobody likes lawyers till they need one. Same with my profession.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH

You,too Scott. Just don't forget this a high dollar hunt and I may need my hand held,because....you know.....I am a high paid lawyer and usually pay a LOT of money for ALL my hunts. grin

You forgot "afraid to get your hands dirty". laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Scott: Yeah.That was an expensive hunt. Plane fare to Wyoming....food, etc.Cost a bundle.

He was 340 yards. I lazed it AFTER the shot. No turrets. How'd I even hit him?

No guide....shucks had to shoot and dress him myself.

I was 59 or 60 years old in that picture.Do I look like John Buhmiller to you? No suspenders.

Idiots....LOL! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bob, I just don't know how you did it, "western camo" and all.

Was Robert Mitchum an older brother?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
George I have been asked that...more than once.... confused smile

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice buck Bob, very nice.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

David

What wasn't lost on me is the notion you seem to have that if your 54 years old you can't fight. While it's true, 50-something muscles can't keep up with a 20-something or even a 30-something set of muscles, neither the 20 year old nor the 30 year old has seen near as much of life as the 54 year old has. I speak from experience. I'm 55. I harbor no illusions about being about being a bad-ass, because I'm not. I have, however, been weight training since I was 13, and training in martial arts since I was 18. I don't like to fight and do all I can to avoid it. The training served me well during my 16 year career as a Deputy Sheriff in Brazos County, Texas. My training enables me to stop a fight before one really gets going. That generally means the other guy either can't and doesn't want to continue being an irritant after the initial contact. If I were forced to fight a highly trained 20 year old I'd be in for a world of hurt. But, something I've found about the true bad asses of the non-criminal world; they don't want to fight and will do just about anything to avoid a street fight.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
JG thanks. He was an old buck.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

David

What wasn't lost on me is the notion you seem to have that if your 54 years old you can't fight. While it's true, 50-something muscles can't keep up with a 20-something or even a 30-something set of muscles, neither the 20 year old nor the 30 year old has seen near as much of life as the 54 year old has. I speak from experience. I'm 55. I harbor no illusions about being about being a bad-ass, because I'm not. I have, however, been weight training since I was 13, and training in martial arts since I was 18. I don't like to fight and do all I can to avoid it. The training served me well during my 16 year career as a Deputy Sheriff in Brazos County, Texas. My training enables me to stop a fight before one really gets going. That generally means the other guy either can't and doesn't want to continue being an irritant after the initial contact. If I were forced to fight a highly trained 20 year old I'd be in for a world of hurt. But, something I've found about the true bad asses of the non-criminal world; they don't want to fight and will do just about anything to avoid a street fight.

Thanks! You make an excellent straight man.

It's the idea that a 54 yr old man is still resorting to threats of physical violence and intimidation to resolve conflicts. That someone is not so subtly insunating that this 54 yr old man might kick my ass if I continue to disagree with him - phugging hilarious!

I see why you are so insulted now - you're that age and you still believe this is viable behaviour. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard....

David

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 60 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,079
Posts18,463,865
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.