Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Pittu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I seem to get booted off all the time recently. Every time I open the page, it seems like I have been logged out. I havent changed any settings or done anything different. Besides the fact that it happens on three different devices.

My old password doesnt work, many times the temporary password I have emailed to my account doesnt work either. Anyone else have this problem?

Also,Is the username cap sensitive? Doesnt seem like it is, but I have so much trouble logging in that I cant figure out whether it does or not...

TIA

Eat moose, burn spruce
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pittu
I seem to get booted off all the time recently. Every time I open the page, it seems like I have been logged out. I havent changed any settings or done anything different. Besides the fact that it happens on three different devices.

My old password doesnt work, many times the temporary password I have emailed to my account doesnt work either. Anyone else have this problem?

Also,Is the username cap sensitive? Doesnt seem like it is, but I have so much trouble logging in that I cant figure out whether it does or not...

TIA

Lets back up and take it one step at a time.

Suffice it to say that I went through hell here the past 3-4 weeks debugging a whole plethora of problems. Now all is GREAT.

If it is your wish I will stay with you until we achieve a satisfactory resolution.

#1, What browser are you using - Internet Explorer? MSN ? Firefox, Google Chrome- other

#2, Is it Windows. What version 7, 8, 8.1, 10 " -,other.

#3. Have you used multiple log in names and/or pass words. And on different accounts ? \\

#4. Did you click - "remember me"?

#5. When you got temporary pass words did you change them to your desires/preferences and did you follow protocol about the numbers of letters, symbols. * NOTE that user name and password IS case sensitive.

If it's any consolation to you, yes I did experience some of your problems, such as trying to log in.

I upgraded to Windows 10, and downloaded Adblocker. End of problems.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It sounds like cookies.

Please logout, clean cookies, CLOSE BROWSER, re-open browser, then login again (check the "Remember Me") box.

That should fix it.

And thank you Mr. Tibbe for chiming in. I'll take all the help I can get.

This one sounds like classic cookies.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Pittu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'll give it a shot. In typical Murphy fashion, I suffered with it for weeks and the day I am able to log in to ask about it, I have had no problems since. Once I was able to get the temp password to work, I edited by permanent password and it let me log in.

Thanks

Eat moose, burn spruce
Pittu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Lets back up and take it one step at a time.

Suffice it to say that I went through hell here the past 3-4 weeks debugging a whole plethora of problems. Now all is GREAT.

If it is your wish I will stay with you until we achieve a satisfactory resolution.

#1, What browser are you using - Internet Explorer? MSN ? Firefox, Google Chrome- other (Firefox on PC, safari on IPAD and Iphone

#2, Is it Windows. What version 7, 8, 8.1, 10 " -,other. 7 I think

#3. Have you used multiple log in names and/or pass words. And on different accounts ? \\ Same login, but various temp passwords

#4. Did you click - "remember me"? Yes

#5. When you got temporary pass words did you change them to your desires/preferences and did you follow protocol about the numbers of letters, symbols. * NOTE that user name and password IS case sensitive. I cut and pasted the temp passwords carefully. The reason I ask about case sensitive username is that it logged my in when I typed my username in ALL lower case (I'm 99% sure of this), but my username shows up with a capital letter everywhere on the site. (Maybe the Ipad auto capitalized and I didnt catch it.)

If it's any consolation to you, yes I did experience some of your problems, such as trying to log in.

I upgraded to Windows 10, and downloaded Adblocker. End of problems. I have ad blocker on the PC, but most of my problems have been on the Ipad I think. Thanks William.
[/quote]

Eat moose, burn spruce
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick:

Thanks.

Pittu:

I'm happy for you.

Incidentally I also did clean out my cookies. It seemed to also delete my passwords.

If you have more than one user name and password on more than one "device", or have more than one browser active it can be a problem. It confuses the log in. I had lots of headaches with the log in's. It was bizarre. For a while I got conflicting and confusing messages and failed log in's.

After a while I got Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome all on the same log in name and password by asking for new via E-mail then altering the codes to names of my preference. When I got everyone on the same song sheet my troubles were over. Now I log in on all three automatically. And it holds from day to day just fine.

If you try to delete undesirable user names or passwords it will be necessary to get approval from the webmaster. I didn't find that necessary. I just kept on tinkering until I got all of those uniformly in compatible agreement.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,181 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,136
Posts18,464,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.