Print Thread
Hop To
G
GRF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Check the Canadian Firearms Centre website. I can't get the link to open for the full news release but the long and short of it is that the aforementioned firearms are now returned to the classification they had prior to the RCMP meddling in Feb 2014.

Good news for some of us Canucks.

One may right this off as election pandering but I doubt a federal Liberal or NDP government would have reversed this decision and would likely have saddled us with more restrictions and reclassifications. The strongest opposition to punitive firearms legislation has always been from small town and rural Conservative MPs. Please consider this amongst the other important issues when you vote this fall.

Wishing y'all a pleasant and happy Sunday.

GRF

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GRF;
Top of the morning to you sir and thanks for the good news on this still sunny Sunday.

You are again spot on with your observation on which federal party has consistently been on our side with regards to firearms laws.

Now of course I don't believe everything else they've done is peachy, but on the firearm issue I see no bright hope whatsoever with either Mulcair or Trudeau. frown

I'll admit I'm not conversant in where Elizabeth May's Greens stand on firearm law.

It may be written off as electioneering all right, but whatever I'll take it as a step in the right direction.

Honestly the stupidity of having restrictions on AR variants while you can buy a Tavor and go hunting with it is mind boggling to say the least isn't it?

Our eldest daughter and I were discussing that one day this spring after we'd gone on a gun shop run and she'd handled a Tavor. I do believe that both of us would have bought one if the price had been a bit less breathtaking. frown

Thanks again for the good news sir and all the best to you and your fine family for the remainder of the summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Agreed, on the CPC, BUT, Harper, has sold us out to the Chinamen and we now are flooded with these Canada destroyers.....seems we cant win

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SNAP;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope you're staying cool enough and are bracing for the upcoming week's heat wave as well.

Our eldest daughter and I were discussing this very thing shortly before she moved to Victoria earlier this summer.

We were both involved in the resident hunting allocation rally in Westbank where a couple thousand of us went to Christy Clark's riding office.

There was a provincial NDP MLA there who spoke at the rally and then walked beside my daughter and I where we had a very good visit. There was a LOT of common ground in what we saw as an acceptable future for BC wildlife and hunters - taking into account of course we were both exchanging words only....still it was good to hear.

Then too, there were a couple provincial Green guys who came out strongly on our side - the only thing that immediately comes to mind as a diverting point between us was the grizzly hunt.

Anyway it remains strange days for Canadian politics doesn't it sir?

More than ever it seems we don't vote as much "for" someone or a party as "against" another or to prevent a less palatable option from taking power.

All the best to you folks SNAP.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dwayne, I agree that for the most part we vote against the least desirable candidates rather than for the most desirable. Locally I can't stand the PC candidate but will likely vote for her because I am so strongly opposed to the policies of the competing parties. Hold your nose and vote syndrome.

Jim

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the summer has been treating you folks well.

We've just had our electoral boundaries adjusted and while one of the federal candidates is a known quantity the others are new to me and I've got to see if I can at very least research them to see what they are about as a person.

Sometimes I think that matters and sometimes less so.

All the best to you in your upcoming hunts this fall.

Dwayne

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My hats off to the responsible gun owners who brought this overstepping of authority to light.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SawDoctor
My hats off to the responsible gun owners who brought this overstepping of authority to light.

if either NDP or LIBERALS get in watch for atacks on our gun rights ,
because it will happen

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gun owner?

You simply have one option.

NDP or Liberals will rape and rob you if you are a gun owner.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Better buy one fast cause Trudeau gonna plug that hole real fast.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.