Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Kato Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I have a 700 Remington with a Shilen barrel in .264 Magnum and didn't care for the HS Precision tactical stock that it wore. Anyone have any experience with Bell & Carlson Alaskan stocks? I like the looks of them and they are aluminum pillar bedded like the HS stocks.
If this is the wrong place for this question, I apologize.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Ive got three of them Best bang for the buck IMO and a bit better ergos than H-S

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had one years back on a 700 Ti. It does have pillar studs but the internals are just like the "carbolite" models, not very ridged. You'll also need a thin barrel, there isn't a lot of forend to work with near the tip.

I'm rattling on about a different stock.

sorry

Last edited by TC1; 08/13/15.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one and like it very well! I have it on a #3 contour Pac-Nor 358 Win barrel and it shoots about .5" groups. Comfortable/good ergonomics but not the lightest stock I've had. Still, not so heavy as to be cumbersome or tiring toting it around.
Good stock for the $$$

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All of the Alaskans I have worked with Have had the full bedding block, HS style . I own a bunch of them Lefthanded and have done over 50 for customers, best stock I've found if you want to mount low!

Keep your head on the stock,wood on wood
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Go to Stockys site , they have a bunch!

Keep your head on the stock,wood on wood
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My bad, the "Alaskan" part didn't register in my mind and I commented on the first generation Ti stocks. Thr first generation Ti stocks had the pillars, the Alaskan Ti was a different stock all together with a bedding block.

Sorry

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have one I like it I have no problem some people say the area around the grip is to big but I guess my hands fit it ok

Tater
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My only complaints is that they don't offer a straight comb in sporter Weight barrels for Howa actions. They all have the Weatherby hump

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like them, great value

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have one on my .264

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I have owned several and think they are pretty good bang for the buck. I actually prefer them over similar HS stocks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've hated everyone I've ever had including the OG Ti take off on my 260. Cost is halfway to a Mcmillan, look under the cushions if you have to......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have had 5-6 of them. Love them.

Adam

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They are every bit as good as HS for less money. I couldn't see swapping HS for B&C. Seems like a lateral move to me. Both are almost identical in feel, balance and weight, B&C just costs less.

I like 'em well enough on a heavy target type rifle. On a hunting rifle, there are much better options that will be 1/2 lb lighter and not nearly as chunky.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If BC could get the inlet correct, fastener holes correct, and lose the termite holes, they might be a D+. No way they are equal to a HS.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
If BC could get the inlet correct, fastener holes correct, and lose the termite holes, they might be a D+. No way they are equal to a HS.

We get it, you don't like them.

I have b&c's H&S and McMillan's. Actually had to return one McMillan.

I own four b&c's and have not experienced any of what you have described. Not saying it doesn't happen but it isn't exclusive to b&c.

I have personally had to do more work on h&s than any other.

I like them all and the b&c is a very good value.

Last edited by southwind; 08/22/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
That's my take as well.

Their primary accolade is cost. If you get a dud, you'll be dollars ahead with a McMillan if your time is worth anything. I've had several B&Cs that run the gamut from garbage to not too bad. Never handled or shot one that made me think, "Wow, what a great stock." I think they have better ergonomics than HS, but never seen one rival the quality of an HS in either the inlet or composition. Though B&C service is fair when you need it, I've better customer service experience with HS and McMillan. However in fairness, my CS issues with all three have been pretty rare.

I think that if you have to have a cheap stock then maybe a B&C is a good way to go, but I don't consider them a good value. Obviously others find them perfectly suitable and I think part of that satisfaction is due to the differing expectations of various shooters. Some guys are perfectly satisfied with tupperware on their rifles and I'd have a hard time thinking that a B&C wouldn't be considered a huge step up for them. Others have higher expectations and the B&C stocks I've been acquainted with simply couldn't satisfy those expectations...

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
i'll take BC over HS by a wide margin.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

I like the feel of the B&C stocks but my 700 adl Ti stock was very poor. The action holes were not only off front to back they were also canted I guess where the pillars were intalled crooked.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 44 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,506
Posts18,452,586
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.