Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm going to need to order a dozen new arrows soon and know arrow technology is always improving so I thought I'd get opinions on what are the best arrows right now in terms of strength and accuracy. Also, I haven't used any lighted knocks yet and would appreciate hearing your experience/recommendations with those as well.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've switched to gold tips from the Beemans. A nice improvement. They are tougher arrows and seem easier to work with if you build your own.

I have used Nocturnals and Luminox. Both work equally well. I think the Nocturnals switch is a better design. Both are bright and look wicked cool on the video when you shoot something.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gold Tip Pro Hunters for me. Never used a lighted nock because I didn't want to add weight at the wrong end of the arrow. Trying to keep FOC at a certain percentage and overall arrow weight reasonable just left me opting out of the lighted nocks. I agree they look cool.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Depends on the version.tenpoint omnis are not great.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

I have shot Beemans for quite a few years, with great success.

NRA Patron
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I use Beemans.

Lighted knocks are the ticket. In low light situations, you can see exactly where you're shooting. Bad azz. They're a must have.

I started with Luminox, but it turns on when the string pushes on the knock. To turn it off, you wiggle it out a little bit. The problem I have is that the knock can turn on accidentally and run down the battery.

So I switched to Tracers. They are activated by passing by a small magnet that you stick to the riser. The light turns on solid and after a few seconds begins to blink. Not only can you see it fly, but then you can find your arrow. One time during day light, I shot a deer but couldn't find my arrow. So I went back about 4 hrs. later in the dark and low and behold there was my arrow stuck in the dirt with the Tracer still flashing. To turn it off, you simply hold the knock next to the magnet and it turns off. They're a little expensive, but they're worth it for the hunting experience of being able to see the flight of the arrow.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am currently using Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streaks, but have two dozen Reds for after these. And lit nocks are fantastic! Been using them on a 3d course and no doubt what path your arrow took or where it impacted. The unlit nocks I sometimes lose halfway due to shadows.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I'm going to need to order a dozen new arrows soon and know arrow technology is always improving so I thought I'd get opinions on what are the best arrows right now in terms of strength and accuracy. Also, I haven't used any lighted knocks yet and would appreciate hearing your experience/recommendations with those as well.....

I use easton Full Metal Jackets 340's works great with a 62-75lb draw. Super deep penetration. This is a heavy arrow, however the kinetic energy is super, as well as the straightens of the shafts. I have yet to spin one on an arrow spinner that is not dead on.

It is your preference, however I do recommend that you shoot the arrow in practice with the knock that you will hunt with... You want to be as exact as possible when you release on an animal.

I ran a test with the luminox and left one on to see how long it would burn. 8 -10 days! I am impressed.

Last edited by CrankEmUp; 08/15/15.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
easton axis, nocturnals.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Black Eagle Arrows. Most spine consistent and weight consistent arrows out there. The Carnivores are my favorite. Tough. Accurate. Decent weight. I used to shoot GT pro hunters. But when you start comparing arrows on a spine tester, the GT can't match Black Eagle

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For example, Black Eagle Carnivore, 300 spine, 001 straightness. Runout is less than .0005. GT pro hunter, which is also a 001 straightness runs around .00075. Yes it's splitting hairs, and the differences aren't noticeable to the great majority of shooters out there. But I like having ME as my only excuse. Not my equipment.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As for lighted nocks, I'll pass. But to each his own

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
And YOU can shoot well enough to tell the difference? smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure everyone on Black Eagles Arrows Pro Staff can.......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore

Ahhh... now I understand. Well of course, what was I thinking.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a lot of concern over shooting lighted nocks with the additional weight.

It's proven to be a non issue in practice. I've shot the last several dozen big game with them and cannot imagine going without them.

The shot flight and impact and just make the whole experience better.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC

Ahhh... now I understand. Well of course, what was I thinking.

I bet 280AI's rule and 270's suck, yada, yada, yada.....

Nobody kicks their own dog, just everyone else's. The top golfer aint on top because of the clubs he's swinging.

Pretty easy concept. I tend to look at gear in 5 year increments. Vehicles the same way. New and improved is rarely as improved as people think.

Fear of failure sells.....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I bet 280AI's rule and 270's suck, yada, yada, yada.....

Bingo wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't beaten Levi Morgan yet, if that's what you're insinuating. I am BEA Pro Staff. And the readings of precision equipment are what they are. I sell both Black Eagle and Gold Tip. I'll always reccomend BEA first. But if you ask for Gold Tip, I'll gladly match the spine to your bow and get you set up. Again, I'm stating MY preferences and findings. In no way did I intend to bash. Shoot what puts you in the X ring consistently. As far as rifles go, I prefer a 280AI to most anything out there. But it makes no difference because I bow hunt year round

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use Firenocks, but don't like to practice with them. Looking at the arrow messes up my follow through. It's sure nice to be able to find one after the shot though.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1337Fungi, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,467
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.