-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone know if there is a rear quad box that has space for, or a recessed area for a Kolpin gun boot? I can't figure out why they don't make one where the scabbard can just drop in, adjusting the angle with shims or various holes for the retainer pins.

I would love to know if anyone has seen something like this.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had the same issue with my Grizzly. The solution I came up with was making a sub floor under the box with 3/4" plywood that extends enough on one side to bolt on the gun boot bracket. I cut the plywood to the shape of the rack except for where the bracket is. Not looks very clean.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hi BCSteve,

I've done the same thing with plywood and an Action Packer box from Canadian Tire screwed onto it. The subfloor base was scribed to be the same shape as the quad rack and painted to match the quad as well. It looks good and works fine, I was just looking for a more elegant solution that had a rear seat rest as my son will be coming with me this year.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'Elegant'? It a frigging quad, not a Cadillac.....

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If you saw my quad you'd know that elegant is irony at its best. 2001 Foreman with 7500km. Hardly elegant. Main thing was trying to find a quad box/seat that accommodated a scabbard.

SS

-Henry Van Dyke
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SamSteele
Hi BCSteve,

I've done the same thing with plywood and an Action Packer box from Canadian Tire screwed onto it. The subfloor base was scribed to be the same shape as the quad rack and painted to match the quad as well. It looks good and works fine, I was just looking for a more elegant solution that had a rear seat rest as my son will be coming with me this year.

SS

I also did the Action Packer with the gun boot before my current set up.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Looks familiar! I used the bigger action packer, but I think I will switch to the smaller one this year for ease of getting on and off the quad.

SS

-Henry Van Dyke

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 37 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.