Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
MWN Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My first foray into airguns. Rescued an older Beeman A7 today. It has a little Beeman 3-7 'Blue Ring' scope mounted improperly as one of the cheapo mounts wasn't engaged in the grooves.

It has what I believe is a scope stop in place. I'm struggling to get the scope mounts set up ~properly so I can see if this thing shoots before I start putting money into a better scope/mounts.

Please explain the scope stop placement...is it intended to be in contact with the front of the rear mount? Or to the rear?

I'm very new to this springer airgun two directional recoil thing.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf.
BP-B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm not familiar with an A7, Could it be an R7?

My springers (bought used) have the scope stop to the rear of the rear mount but that may just be one option.
Good luck!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

MWN Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Typo...it's indeed an older R7

The little vintage 3-7 Beeman scope is a 3/4" tube with some real hoakie mounts that I'm struggling with to get into the grooves properly. Apparently the previous owner had the same isse as the rear mount was not engage into anything but air.

Regardless, I do need to know about this scope stop issue; where does it go in relation to the rear scope mount?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Scope stop goes behind (towards the butt) the rear ring. I believe the R7 also has a series of shallow holes on the top of the receiver at the rear of the scope ring grooves. There are scope rings you can buy that have a pin on the bottom that fit into one of these holes to act as a scope stop.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

MWN Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks!

Yes, there are two such shallow 'holes' towards the rear of the rail and the current Beeman brand (so marked) scope stop is designed to utilize one of them with a set screw.

Had the chance to shoot it a couple times today and it indeed functions fine with adequate velocity. I'll get an appropriate scope with a proper mounting set-up on it.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
pyramydair.com has a good tutorial in their blog.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, akshooting, 15 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,758
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.