Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've followed this thread with great interest. I hate to mention it at such a late date but the judging criteria appears to be flawed. Seriously, shooting a buck when you thought it was a doe could win this prestigious completion? Fame and glory for a mistake like that?

I say nay. The judging criteria should include the following factors. (1) How late in the season was it? (2) Did the member get a deer last year? (3) How cold was it? (4) What was the caliber of the rifle? (5) When you walked up to it did you say wow or crap?

With these reevaluated criteria I give you this, my KY deer this year.

1) Opening morning- 15 minutes after legal shooting. I was back in camp making coffee (WITH a speckled enamel blue coffee pot)in an hour and a half.
2) No (OK, I got a moose and if I was Swedish I'd call it a deer but no I am not Swedish but I do enjoy pancakes but no that doesn't count as Swedish)
3) 25 degrees. It was 55 by lunch but that just meant I could enjoy camp in the afternoon
4) .257 Roberts. OK, it had a 110 accubond but still lots of points for classic cartridge.
5) Crap - thought 8 no brow tines. Seriously. I have racks from 25+ deer on our place and have seen a bunch more and never without brow tines.

[Linked Image]

OK, Poobah you have a limit time to accept my new scoring criteria and award me my fame and glory. The humidity is wicked low here and your bribe is evaporating at a rapid rate. Why wait for the honors?

[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Pugs...I know you and count you as a friend.

But this shocks me....

I am shocked that you would attempt to override my existing and fluid rules.

I am truly shocked that you would try to foist this monster buck of yours over on all the good members here who have participated in good faith and entered proper dinks...... Lack of brow tines does not a dink make....

But most of all I'm shocked that you attempted a bribe with a bottle that is obviously less than full.

You know me better than that.

BTW: You want in on the dink pig-a-thon???? grin

Love and Kisses, Poobs

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Here is my entry:

Does not shooting a deer count?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Here is my entry:

Does not shooting a deer count?

I beat you to it...I didn't even go deer hunting this fall.

Just haven't figured out how to bribe myself to the win....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Go buy yourself a 5th of Buffalo Trace and call it good.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
BTDT...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Pugs...I know you and count you as a friend.

But this shocks me....

I am shocked that you would attempt to override my existing and fluid rules.

I am truly shocked that you would try to foist this monster buck of yours over on all the good members here who have participated in good faith and entered proper dinks...... Lack of brow tines does not a dink make....

But most of all I'm shocked that you attempted a bribe with a bottle that is obviously less than full.

You know me better than that.

BTW: You want in on the dink pig-a-thon???? grin

Love and Kisses, Poobs

You're right to shame me and show me the error of my ways. I'm so embarrassed about the end-run that I'll go home and drown my sorrows in my bottle of Blantons. Alas, that creates another problem for you as there will be none left.

I'd love to be in on the dink pig-a-thon but not making that hunt this year so I'll have to pass unless Mooshella escapes the DC preserve but she's no dink. I'll need a bigger rifle.

I suppose if the Blanton's runs out I'll switch the 4 Roses single batch but evaporation has hit that badly too. Odd, very odd. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Damn! I thought you were making the pig hunt!

Its a dry climate down in south Texas and I think there will be a whole lot of 'evaporation' going on...... grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn! I thought you were making the pig hunt!

Conflicts with work and taking a week off at the camp with wife for anniversary and her birthday. Not a good idea for me to CANX that. eek

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Pugs, way too big man. I still say Vic has it wrapped up technically, except Dan has the upper hand. Not only will he be able to bribe Poobs in person, he'll be able to cook for him too.

I think you're outta luck on this one.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Brian, how about you?

Want in on the Dink pig-a-thon? grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any rules in pig a thon

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tomato,

Cuff ya self up the side da head for asking a stupid question !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's rules as we go.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It is...but I make them.....

dependent upon what size piggie I shoot whistle

And what kind of bribing material is on hand.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like my kinda game. The rule book is kinda like the Irs tax code lots of pages and open to interpretation and bribes .

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Brian, how about you?

Want in on the Dink pig-a-thon? grin

Hell yea......but the current rules are knocking me out because I'm using a 30.06 or the Ruger 480 with the red dot. cry

The current rules were stated as only rifles that are .22 or handguns with open sights. Like I said before, I think this is a conspiracy to stack the deck. mad

If this is going to be a true Dink-a-thon, it should be open to all attendees regardless of weapon and bribes. laugh

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will rent out .22 centerfires for a reasonable fee grin

I of course will keep the best looking one for myself, to have an edge in the -thon smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

If this is going to be a true Dink-a-thon, it should be open to all attendees regardless of weapon and bribes. laugh

OK.....OK...you whiner!

It is open to all manner weapon ( without Bushnell Scopes) but we ain't changing the bribe thing!

However, bribes can be made in Blantons, or in Rebecca Creek, cause its in Texas grin

Page 21 of 28 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

137 members (280ACKIMP, 44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 338rcm, 14 invisible), 1,294 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,513
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.