Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I finally got fed up with the heavy and inconsistent trigger pulls on my stock Model 70 triggers so I bought some springs from Ernie.

Prior to making the change, one rifle wouldn't adjust below 4lbs. A simple spring change now has it down to just under 3lbs. and consistent.

Another rifle wouldn't adjust below 3.75lbs and varied by a 1/2 pound. It's now right at 3lbs and stays there.

Jiggling the springs into the hole was the most difficult part of the change. Hitting the epoxy seal on the adjustment screw with a hair dryer on high made picking it off very easy. It took me less than a half hour total for both rifles.

I've got two more rifles to do. The MOA trigger on them is not as bad as on the first two, but I firmly believe Winchester's claim to the adjustability of the trigger is PR smoke. They should buy their springs from Ernie, use blue Loctite on the screws, and fire their lawyers.

I have no idea if the new trigger is the product of engineers or lawyers. Regardless, FN never should have messed with perfection. My four Winchesters with the old trigger all adjusted to 3lbs or below easily with only one needing honing to deal with some minor creep.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MichiganScott

I have no idea if the new trigger is the product of engineers or lawyers. Regardless, FN never should have messed with perfection.
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!

They should have fired the idiot 'engineers' that designed that pos MOA in the first place..

Minor (and quality) refinements to the original would have been, by LIGHTYEARS, their best course of action..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have a new MOA and added that Ernie Spring...trigger adjusts down to 2.5(current setting) Still see no issue with the old trigger but it is what it is, still a better rifle then most current production.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
What is the lowest weight a MOA trigger can be adjusted to with the Ernie spring? Just curious.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
681 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,098 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.