Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just back from a long week. Figure on sharing some pics, and what the heck, I'll make my own post. I hit the Trout Creeks once, the West Little Owyhee Country twice and the Whitehorse Mountains twice...

Beauty
[Linked Image]

Saw these other type bucks.
[Linked Image]

Sorry Oregon hunters, Nevada by about 1000 yards and headed south.
[Linked Image]

Looking SW off the Trout Creeks, Pueblos?
[Linked Image]

A couple more bucks.
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Some Little Owyhee country scenery. IIRC, Big Antelope Creek where the road petered out into One Bovine Lane!
[Linked Image]
One less Trout Creek yote.
[Linked Image]
Two less Trout Creek yotes. Third one too but no pic.
[Linked Image]
Another purdy pic. It's a pleasure to be out on the desert, especially once it cools off in the evening!
[Linked Image]
I'm totally thrilled with my lil' mountain buck. Yah, I had pre-season visions of heavy 16-inchers with big prongs but reality soon set in! Saw him three weeks ago on a pre-scout trip with the family and he looked like a buck to consider but was not a certainty. Then saw him again on day two of this trip when I went back, found him and pronounced him 'not big enough' and moved on but started calling him my mountain buck... Well, after a buzzzillion more looks and passing on several tiny bucks, he was actually the largest I saw - near or far - in the unit - and decided to go back after him. Gotta admit, I was getting pretty worn out and he was getting to be more of a 'shooter' as every few hours passed! Anyways, couldn't hold out any more and got back up there after midnight a couple days ago. Next day, hoofed it all over where I'd last seen him and finally located him and his 19 does from about two miles. Broken country on top of the mountains with lots of places to disappear, about 7200'. Went out at daybreak this morning and found 'em --- right after they found me... So, 350 AND 400 yards, it matters... Short story, got 'him! Fulfilled my longtime desire to bag an antelope on the Oregon Desert. Pleased to connect with my mountain buck after all and feel fortunate everything worked out like it did. Hope everyone enjoys their hunts this year and it's a pleasure to share...
[Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Great pictures and story.

Did you flush any sage grouse in the Trout Creek area?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well done! I love kicking around in that type of country.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Predator in Creed?

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nothing wrong with that buck! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the great pictures.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nicely done - love the high sage desert country. Nice buck and great pics of some nicely mulies, too!

Regards,

Tom
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by doubletap
Great pictures and story.

Did you flush any sage grouse in the Trout Creek area?

Thanks. Saw a few sage grouse here and there throughout, mostly on ridgetops.

Originally Posted by huntsman22
Predator in Creed?

Yep, that's the one. It's fairly hefty with all the goodies added to it, helps keep things steady, LOL.

--- Kid Rock 2022

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

MtnBoomer:

Pretty country.

Would love to get a shot at the mulies.

Thanks for sharing.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Beauty of a buck, congrats!

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Beautiful country, nice photos and nice antelope.. Thanks.

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice looking country and congratulations on a nice antelope.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Nice buck. My son and I drew in South Dakota and I can't wait! Winter's have been hard on the goats but they're starting to recover. Your post helps fuel the excitement. Thanks!

Mike
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks folks. All cut up and in the freezer.

Here's a couple more snapshots of the area.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Fried some up today and WOW great stuff. I know I've had some antelope before but it's been a very long time. This one is uber-tender and not a bit gamey. Excellent, couldn't be better!

--- Kid Rock 2022

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Used to shoot sage rats, jacks and coyotes in that country years ago. Very few people or traffic and it’s quiet. I loved the Oregon high desert and always wanted to draw a tag for anything.
Congrats on a great Oregon antelope.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Fried some up today and WOW great stuff. I know I've had some antelope before but it's been a very long time. This one is uber-tender and not a bit gamey. Excellent, couldn't be better!

First congrats on a fine antelope - been some nice ones taken in Oregon this year. Also great pictures thank you for posting them.

And I'll 2nd what you said about antelope, its a tasty little critter for sure, its why I drive to Wyoming every year while I'm waiting for my next Oregon tag:)

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Congrats on the goat and an awesome experience in some stunning country! Thanks for bringing us along I love these kinds of pics!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Great thread...thanks!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great photos and story. Congrats! It looks like you had a great time!

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 42 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,290
Posts18,467,910
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.