Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
though i haven't seen any of his handgun articles for quite some time, i've got to vote Ross Seyfried--for 3 reasons:

1. he was very instrumental in bringing the "ultra big bores" to the fore-front, spicing the articles with a decent amount of technical info, and those articles were accompanied by a few demonstrative photos that made nimrod handgunners salivate;

2. he did some challenging hunting with those sledgehammer revolver rigs;

3. he was a world class handgun competitor.

pretty fine resume.........................

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
BP-B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Elmer Keith

I've read and like most of what those who have been doing for 35 years, but every one of them have nothing to write about without Elmer Keith.

FWIW, even the WFN killing and maximized powder capacity design goes back to an Elmer Keith Belding & Mull mould 454260, 429260 and 429280 in the 1920's.

One could read and use most loads from 1955's Sixguns and still be fully capable of North American handgunning, even if you ditched the magnum stuff.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ross Seyfried followed by Brian Pierce.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Bob Milek in the past, never heard of Max will look into it, Pearce is always good!

Mike
Max is the Whitworth dude on here that likes to get into dick measuring contests with other guys shooting rifle cartridges in revolvers. Bfr is his understudy.

Exactly what rifle cartridge?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bob Milek in the past, never heard of Max will look into it, Pearce is always good!

Mike
Max is the Whitworth dude on here that likes to get into dick measuring contests with other guys shooting rifle cartridges in revolvers. Bfr is his understudy.

Wow, cheap shot alert!

Huh? What in God's name are you talking about? Rifle cartridges? Bfrshooter my understudy? Please enlighten me as to the tuthfulness of your claims.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it's guilt by association. BFR is always talking about you so folks assume you're crazy too.

I've never seen Max get crazy. In fact, he seems to show a lot of restraint with BFR.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

That was a real cheap shot and not true either. Par for the course for you though. I guess you don't actually pay attention too much.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by mooshoo
Skeeter Skelton!

Hate to let you know, but today he is dead

How 'bout yesterday?

He's my favorite all time. I still use his load with 38 special brass with the Lyman 358156 HP seated out with 2400 in my Model 19 and at regular length in 357 cases.

Brian Pearce and Ross Seifried are my favorites of current writers.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whitworth1

Mike

Wow, cheap shot alert!

Huh? What in God's name are you talking about? Rifle cartridges? Bfrshooter my understudy? Please enlighten me as to the tuthfulness of your claims.
480, 500, 454 Casull=rifle cartridges. IOW, a joke.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 08/21/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CraigC

That was a real cheap shot and not true either. Par for the course for you though. I guess you don't actually pay attention too much.
Gosh, I guess it was a cheap-shot. Now quit worrying so much and go douche. Your presence is stinkin' the joint up.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
elmer

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L

Gosh, I guess it was a cheap-shot. Now quit worrying so much and go douche. Your presence is stinkin' the joint up.

The only person who is stinking up this thread is you.

Does this .405 Winchester make my butt look big?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LovesLevers

The only person who is stinking up this thread is you.
Really? I guess I got carried away. Apologies to all involved, especially some douche bag who is here so much she's posted 19 times. Again, my sincerest apologies ma'am.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Is it that time of the month, or is it your ass/knees that are giving you fits?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I wish Taffin would write an article about a Perfect Packing Pistol.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ross Seyfried, John Taffin, and Skeeter Skelton. They were who I was reading when I was coming up to speed on handgun hunting. They created, and fanned the flames, of my addiction.

For a while, the best information was coming from Jim Wilson, Dick Metcalf, and Layne Simpson ... not necessarily great writing but they each wrote a few articles I was able to find value or at least inspiration (which generally cost me money) in.

Today, Brian Pearce.

So far I have not read any of Max's work.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jim Wilson and Dick Metcalf?

I've read cereal boxes more interesting than those two.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

It was a cheap shot. Max has agreed with my findings, done by hard work. Yet he is his own man too.
I had issues with CraigC too for a while. He is a good man so don't run him down either. You need to know these guys.
I don't like poor comments about Max either. JWP and I have had a hard time but you don't know him either.
Yes, some older writers were great but things are different today with calibers never thought of. It takes more thinking and ability to handle them.
To say bad is just an indication of lack of knowledge, jealousy or just plain stupid.
Max has brought the big bore to life like no other. Those dead guys could not handle what we shoot now.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Those dead guys could not handle what we shoot now.

You just moved up to #1 in my book.

I wish you'd post more often.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Those dead guys could not handle what we shoot now.

You just moved up to #1 in my book.

I wish you'd post more often.

Travis
I honestly laughed out loud. [bleep]' A. Bfr is THE MAN!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
292 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 257_X_50, 280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 44 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,725
Posts18,400,614
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.