24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Originally Posted by TWR
I guess either many misunderstood my definition of "resellers" or we just come from different cultures.

Those who buy all they can from say Walmart at regular prices and then post it online at a huge profit. Those are the resellers who are causing the problem. Without them, ammo would still be on the shelves and those that wanted it could buy it.

For those that think having a buddy working at Walmart who saves it for you so you can make your huge profit, get a job or open a store. Heck post up here if you're not ashamed to do so. We'd all like to thank you properly.

I don't think it's the RESELLERS causing the problem, it''s the people that are guilty of paying the ridiculous gouge prices for the overpriced ammo. Most of us aren't communists and making a profit is how capitalism flourishes. I have no problem someone selling at a profit. We're talking ammo here, not insulin for diabetics or formula for the baby. With very few exceptions, ammo is not a necessity for life like food and water. Wait out the insanity, it will get better or get to Walmart at 930 AM and join in the fun. YMMV.

GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm not looking for anything, I've been through this before.

Sleep well...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If anyone is going out of their way to profit on resale of .22 rimfire ammo, then I pity their poor existence...

I have noticed a lack of available stuff lately, but decided 35 years ago that I used enough of the stuff that I needed to buy it regularly. So I did.

And I still use a lot but not near what i used to. More recently, i have taken to always buying something when I am at a gun shop, to support the business.
There are a handful of gunshops where i always leave with a couple of boxes of .22s in my hand. It adds up...

FWIW I found mini-mag hp on a store shelf saturday for ~$8... left there with my usual 2 boxes...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I was in the new Cabelas store in Winnipeg, Manitoba on the weekend, and they had several brands of bulk ammo for $22.95 for 500-525 rounds. Some subsonic for about $3.99 per 50 CT. Seemed like a goodly supply.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Supply and demand

IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by JT1980
The frustration I have is not with people who buy up ammo to put into their storage for their own use. The part that upsets me is that people line up to buy it for retail cost, with the intention of posting it online later that evening for 3x the cost. That's not business, that's selfishness and greed. If you're not going to shoot it or use it yourself... don't buy it just for the intent of screwing over someone else to make a few bucks.
Then when the guy who actually has to work from 9-5 get's off and has a chance to run to the local sporting goods store, there's no ammo. It's all on gunbroker and other websites.
Someone earlier said it right. It might be legal... but it's not moral!

Supply and Demand is hard for some people here to comprehend.

I found a way to buy ammo at Walmart. I buy ammo that I want to keep. I have to work to get ammo currently. I know that I may or may not get more ammo in the future. It's not as simple as get in car, drive to Walmart, buy ammo, go home. You have to work for it. So i set a price for what I paid plus what time money etc. I used to get the ammo, and how much I think i could replace it for (think gas stations, it doesnt' matter what they paid for the current fuel, just what they think they will have to pay for the next), and put it online. If someone wants to pay the price that I set for the ammo I was going to use anyway, then that is on them. I'm happy keeping it, they are happy buying it. Where is the issue here? I have to replace the ammo, so I take the risk of not having anymore for several weeks to months, and the buyer gets what he/she wants.

If you really think that "flippers" are the problem, consider how many people picked up guns in the last year. Consider how many people realized they didn't have whatever they thought was "enough". Consider how many people have increased "enough". Consider how many people that didn't worry about it now think that the ______ is going to take the ammo away.

The "you should have known better" only applies to veteran shooters that haven't picked up a new caliber. I just picked up a 9mm, and had to find ammo for it. I hadn't planned on getting one, so there was no reason for me to buy 2K rounds for a caliber I don't own 6 years ago.

Originally Posted by TWR

Those who buy all they can from say Walmart at regular prices and then post it online at a huge profit. Those are the resellers who are causing the problem. Without them, ammo would still be on the shelves and those that wanted it could buy it.

read my above comment. You are ignoring new shooters, hoarders and just in case'ers. I know that most of the people buying alot of ammo are not flippers. The flippers don't come to the local walmart, but the ammo still magically disappears. Funny how that works.

Where do I fit in? I bought a box of Winchester M-22, multiplied the price by 2.5 and a dealer bought it, then multiplied that by 2. Who is more despicable? me, the dealer, or the buyer?

Last edited by Dust; 06/14/13.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've somewhere around 10,000 rounds and am still buying and shooting all I want without paying stupid prices for any of it.

I've been through this before so I keep a good supply of everything on hand. Oh and I hated the gougers then too.

Carry on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10chuckles

I agree. The problem is the people that never planned ahead and continue to stupidly support the gougers. If people didn't buy it the price would come down. This is a free country so sell for whatever people will pay. I'm not upset with the sellers, just the morons that continue to pay the ridiculous prices. Wait it out and learn the lesson. JMHO

Wait it out? It's been 4 YEARS. When this started, my son was 9 and he's about to turn 14. I had 3 bricks on hand. A 'fire member graciously sent me two bricks to keep my boys shooting a few years ago. I've bought 6 bricks in 4 years. 5 of those were at a Bass Pro grand opening. I have 3 bricks left. The boys and I go shooting about once a month in warmer weather because I refuse to pay gougers. Retailers need to raise the price to meet demand and put the gougers out of business and then drop prices as inventory stacks up. That's capitalism. Keeping the price low, so that gougers can buy and resell is insanity because it allows the gougers to corner the market.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your plan doen't sound a bit like Capitalism, more like price fixing. If any coordination was involved, it would likely be illegal.

There's no reasonable excuse to pay gouger prices now. I find plenty of ammo available online at various price levels. A little browsing and signing up for in-stock notifications works just fine and takes less time and gas than hanging out at What-a-Mart hoping to score a couple boxes.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Wait it out? It's been 4 YEARS. When this started, my son was 9 and he's about to turn 14. I had 3 bricks on hand. A 'fire member graciously sent me two bricks to keep my boys shooting a few years ago. I've bought 6 bricks in 4 years. 5 of those were at a Bass Pro grand opening. I have 3 bricks left. The boys and I go shooting about once a month in warmer weather because I refuse to pay gougers. Retailers need to raise the price to meet demand and put the gougers out of business and then drop prices as inventory stacks up. That's capitalism. Keeping the price low, so that gougers can buy and resell is insanity because it allows the gougers to corner the market.

Why don't you just by premium 22LR?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyone knows that whining is more fun than shooting, cheaper too.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love the guys that refuse to try new powder. But also won't buy powder they need because it cost an extra 8 Quarters than in 2008.

Have fun! I'll be at the range.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it's looking more like supply & demand are coming more into balance with the higher end ammo. that's good.

I'm just hesitant to pay those prices if there's any other choice. I've never had the first squirrel complain over the low-end Winchester power points, and cci velocitors. of course none of that stuff is available in my area of the hardwoods.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Gus
it's looking more like supply & demand are coming more into balance with the higher end ammo. that's good.

I'm just hesitant to pay those prices if there's any other choice. I've never had the first squirrel complain over the low-end Winchester power points, and cci velocitors. of course none of that stuff is available in my area of the hardwoods.

That came into balance about 36 months ago.

Save your pennies. I'd rather shoot.

Travis

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
actually I don't even know what the market supplies in terms of high-end hollow point ammo, both sub-sonic and high velocity types.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Gus
actually I don't even know what the market supplies in terms of high-end hollow point ammo, both sub-sonic and high velocity types.

Get with the fugkin' times dude.

Travis

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep, for the prices suckers are paying for bricks of "gouger priced" cheap ammo, they could be shooting much better stuff--which was rarely found on the shelves of the average sporting goods store anyway.

It's always interesting to read rants about not finding .22 ammo in local stores on an Internet forum. You can shop the whole country with the same computer, without burning any gas.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Yep, for the prices suckers are paying for bricks of "gouger priced" cheap ammo, they could be shooting much better stuff--which was rarely found on the shelves of the average sporting goods store anyway.

It's always interesting to read rants about not finding .22 ammo in local stores on an Internet forum. You can shop the whole country with the same computer, without burning any gas.

Stop being mean.

They're better off not shooting. Which is what they'd probably do regardless.

Travis

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Some seem to believe re-sellers are a new indication of our condition as a Country. History tell us otherwise. Try 1849 and the California gold rush. Nothing new here other than a repeat of you want it, I have it and this is what it costs.

I suspect a person with a healthy flock of chickens made more than many of the miners who where hoping to strike it rich.

$36 for a shovel, I bet there was a lot of complaining going on then as now with .22lr. History repeats, then repeats, etc....
Nothing new.

Eventually some re-seller got stuck with a bunch of shovels they couldn't get rid of. wink

http://ports.parks.ca.gov/pages/22922/files/worksheet-goldrushprices.pdf

Last edited by battue; 08/22/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have started to see 22lr on the shelves at the local Chinamart.
I was just at the Dundee, MI Cabela's and they have raised their purchase limits from 100 to 1200 rounds and they have 50 and 100 packs on the shelves. The floor salesmen noted they are starting to see more and more deliveries.

a low price is now 8 cents a round and typical 10 so I would not pay anyone more then that for potting rounds.

But the signs are that things are easing up.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

69 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 264mag, 14 invisible), 1,043 guests, and 726 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,487
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.