Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/0...arded-france-highest-honor/?intcmp=hpbt3

The three Americans who helped thwart a massacre on board a high-speed European train were awarded the Legion d'honneur (Legion of Honor), France's highest decoration, by the country's president Monday.

U.S. Airman Spencer Stone, National Guardsman Alek Skarlatos, and their longtime friend Anthony Sadler were honored for tackling and subduing a suspected Islamist militant carrying an AK-47 on the Paris-bound train Friday.

Francois Hollande praised the actions of the three men, saying "You behaved as soldiers but also as responsible men." Hollande added that the men demonstrated "that faced with terror, we have the power to resist ... You also gave a lesson in courage, in will, and thus in hope." British businessman Chris Norman, who helped Stone, Skarlatos, and Sadler subdue the would-be gunman, also received the medal.

On Sunday evening, Stone, who was stabbed with a box cutter during the melee, described his version of the events on the train for the first time during a press conference at the U.S. ambassador's residence in Paris.

The 23-year-old described how he was waking up from a deep sleep when Skarlatos "just hit me on the shoulder and said 'Let's go.'"

Stone and Skarlatos, 22, moved in to tackle the gunman, identified as 26-year-old Moroccan Ayoub El-Khazzani, and take his assault rifle. Sadler, 23, moved in to help subdue the assailant. "All three of us started punching" him, Stone said. Stone said he choked him unconscious.

More on this...

French train gunman belonged to radical Islamist movement

On Monday, Hollande said that with Skarlatos' words, a "veritable carnage" was avoided.

"Since Friday, the entire world admires your courage, your sangfroid, your spirit of solidarity," the French president said. "This is what allowed you to with bare hands -- your bare hands -- to subdue an armed man. This must be an example for all, and a source of inspiration."

Stone is also credited with saving a French-American teacher wounded in the neck with a gunshot wound and squirting blood. Stone described matter-of-factly that he "just stuck two of my fingers in his hole and found what I thought to be the artery, pushed down and the bleeding stopped." He said he kept the position until paramedics arrived.

"When most of us would run away, Spencer, Alek and Anthony ran into the line of fire, saying 'Let's go.' Those words changed the fate of many," U.S. Ambassador Jane Hartley said Sunday

Asked if there were lessons, Sadler had one for all who find themselves in the face of a choice.

"Do something," he said. "Hiding, or sitting back, is not going to accomplish anything. And the gunman would've been successful if my friend Spencer had not gotten up. So I just want that lesson to be learned going forward, in times of, like, terror like that, please do something. Don't just stand by and watch."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Last edited by 79S; 08/23/15.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nice to see.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Nice to see.

Scott;
It is so.

Have a good week sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Indeed, a great effort by those young men, a credit to their nation.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very classy gesture.

If that happened here I’m thinking Obama would have the DOJ investigate if the Muzzie’s civil rights were violated.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Mr Stone has said: "It seemed like the terrorist was ready to fight until the end but so were we."

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Three Americans and a Brit.... a shame that no Frenchmen on that train were willing to man up.

John

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ah, JPB, you are wrong here. One of the American boys said the FIRST man to encounter the scum and attempt a fight WAS a Frenchman.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Ah, JPB, you are wrong here. One of the American boys said the FIRST man to encounter the scum and attempt a fight WAS a Frenchman.

I believe he managed to get the terrorists AK47 off him, but then quickly dropped it...force of habit! wink

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ET,

Delighted to be corrected, there is hope for France yet! Either I missed that bit of info, or it was not included in the American and British coverage that I read.

I did read one (American) story that failed to mention the Brit, perhaps only natural that a nation's media emphasizes the most relevant aspects to its readers. Maybe some British media are reporting that a Brit (assisted by 3 Americans) did the job! smile

John

Last edited by jpb; 08/24/15. Reason: damn keyboard makes typos :)
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Kudos to the guys that stood up to this Muslim Clown...

Still the western nations should take a cue from how the Canadians dealt with the two Radicals.. one in Quebec and one in Ottawa....

These clowns are cock roaches and need to be treated exactly as that....

western society teaches people to stand down instead of stand up against this type of crap....

it is a society full of people with the "I don't want to get Involved" attitude....

Good thing there were a few folks present on the train that didn't take that stance...and look at the outcome...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 18 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.