Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
$1,000 in bills left in the little paper bank envelope, said envelope left in a pants pocket, said pants thrown in the laundry machine late last night.

The envelope didn't make it, the cash stayed in place in the pocket, else I'd be having a worse morning than I am grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Money has cloth fibers in it to make it last longer. It's a lot more water resistant than plain paper. Money takes a real beating.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Must be nice to simply forget your carrying around $1,000 in cash...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I found a curled up $10 and $5 bill in the dryer last week after my son did his laundry. I shook my head, rolled my eyes and muttered something about kids these days having no concept of the value of money. laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RWE

I'm sure stranger things have happened.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Money has cloth fibers in it to make it last longer. It's a lot more water resistant than plain paper. Money takes a real beating.

Yep, spread it all out to dry on the dresser and it was dry enough to put away like 20 minutes later.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RWE

I've never done it with that much, but I have forgotten smaller amounts a few times. A couple of years ago, I got a shirt out of the closet that I hadn't worn in months or even possibly years. When I put it on, I heard a rustling noise. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I discovered 150 crisp, clean dollars in the pocket.................. eek

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by RWE

I've never done it with that much, but I have forgotten smaller amounts a few times. A couple of years ago, I got a shirt out of the closet that I hadn't worn in months or even possibly years. When I put it on, I heard a rustling noise. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I discovered 150 crisp, clean dollars in the pocket.................. eek

If it was singles; shirts last trip must have been to a "gentleman's club" with ugly "entertainers? wink

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by RWE

I'm sure stranger things have happened.

How are the tires holding up on your bicycle?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Hey how did my $1000 get in your pocket.

Done that one my self but not with that much.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
My money always made it thru the laundry, the wallet looked like a doggy chew toy though.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
number of years ago, my dog got ahold of my wallet taking it in the back yard. About 200bucks chewed up scattered around the yard, i taped up what i could, and went to the bank. Asked what happened, my response was the dog ate it. They gave me a few bills as a replacement, most i mailed to the gooberment with a cover letter explaining the dog ate it.
about a month later i got a check for most of it.
That golden cost me about 40bucks in total.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by RWE

If it was singles; shirts last trip must have been to a "gentleman's club" with ugly "entertainers? wink

LOL! That's funny, you think Hawk's a gentleman.......... grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labΓ© skΓ½la

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I guess your back at work Mike. How about a test for me.

Let say $100 worth of quarters in your pants pocket, thru the washer, take them out and see how long it takes these to dry. Oh heck wash the watch you are using to time with too.

And yes, all of us have washed and dried money.

Please give test results on the quarters-----------

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I don't have pants pockets big enough to hold $100 in quarters.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RWE

As best I can describe it, I didn't "simply forget" when I was wearing them pants around that day.

Nor did I "simply forget" when I started to leave a bit early the next morning so as to stop by the bank. The simply forgetting part occurred when I threw that particular pair of pants into the washing machine is all.....

Turned out the only real difference is that money spent the night in the washer rather than on the counter next to my wallet, phone and keys.

Birdwatcher

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Let say $100 worth of quarters in your pants pocket, thru the washer, take them out and see how long it takes these to dry. Oh heck wash the watch you are using to time with too.

Proud to say I've done BOTH those tests, tho' the quarter thing was stretched out over a couple of years. Anyways, the washer ain't nothing, its in the DRYER where they get your attention,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife is pretty good about including the ignition key/remote for both of the vehicles in her laundry chores every other month or so...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Last edited by ringworm; 08/24/15.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
How are the tires holding up on your bicycle?

The rear 700x32 Continental Gator Hardshell (100 psi) on my touring bike last year went 2,000 miles easy, and still works but has a definite flat spot center tread and so should be replaced. Front one, same mileage, still looks good.

Truth be told though I haven't ridden that bike hardly at all since last summer. No bike trip this summer, but around 70-100 miles a week through the school year, urban street-riding on a mountain bike.

On that bike I've been using 26"x 2.0 Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tours (70 psi).

Maybe 3,000 miles on 'em now, slight wear on the rear, none noticeable on the front. User reviews rate 'em as being a 5,000 mile tire, I'd believe 'em. Almost no flats even in the broke glass and debris places I end up riding.

Hoping to ship my bike to the UK next summer and put in another 2,000 miles over there. Dunno if I'll take the touring bike or the mountain bike to do it on yet. But whichever I take it'll be on Schwalbe M.P. Tours, I like the tire that much.

About $60 per but worth every penny.

The Gator Hardshells are lighter and being slicks, got a bit less rolling resistance, but they don't offer much traction the times you gotta bail off the asphalt onto the roadside grass and dirt. The MP Tours OTOH have a fairly aggressive tread and grip good, yet still run pretty quiet on the asphalt.

Birdwatcher

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,657
Posts18,455,635
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.