-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I want a new jacket/coat to bow hunt with. I have a super warm parka but it's to bulky and I've hit it with my string a couple times in the past.
I'm looking for something comparable to the Sitka stuff as far as being tite fitting and less bulky but almost refuse to give $400 for a jacket.
I don't mind wearing a few layers of long johns for the cold days.
I live in MS and most days are 30s to start and warm pretty quickly but with the humidity in the south 35 degree can get pretty cold. I also hunt northern MO a couple times a year but it is early season when I do that so not to terrible cold.
I've looked at a few cabelas coats and the underarmor x2 but was wanting some thoughts before I spent my money

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have settled on Under Armour all the way around. Underwear, pants, tee shirt and jacket. I have some Berber Fleece too, but unless it is miserably cold, it is just too bulky. The UA scent loc is all I wear. No...I don't believe it helps that much with the animals, but after wearing it for a week without washing, I still can't smell myself. That's a good thing. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Scentblocker Alpha Jacket or Matrix Jacket - or whatever they called them as last years model.

The Alpha jacket has an arm guard that is removable, and side straps under pit area that pull the excess material in the chest area flat against you.

It's windproof, so you can layer underneath as needed.

The two chest pockets are angled sideways to hold anything you need close to you head, rangefinder, calls, binos. They have lanyards in the pockets to attach to.

They run about $200, less if you can find a close-out from last year.

I have a set that I finally replaced last year after 6 seasons and a bunch of field time.

Last edited by AH64guy; 08/24/15.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Where did you buy you'll scent lock stuff?

Last edited by NMSSHOOTER; 08/24/15.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I buy mine at Academy every spring, when it goes on sale.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I suggest you look at the Men's Bean's Big-Game WINDSTOPPER Soft-Shell Jacket. It's more reasonably priced than sitka and is real quality garment...I tend to buy more & more hunting gear from LLB, just really good stuff.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by NMSSHOOTER
Where did you buy you'll scent lock stuff?

Generally, I watch Camofire, Dick's Sporting Goods, Midway USA, and E-bay for deals on them. Like LT P, I watch the box stores for the post-season close-outs.

The smaller box stores can't store the left over inventory, so they tend to blow it out at the end of the season. My local box is one these smaller stores, so post-season sales are pretty common and good discounts.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the info. Anybody try the new Under Armor stuff?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,174 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,361
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.