Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
6/16/15 Trump:“I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich.”
8/23/15 Trump:“We have a lot of small contributors. I would even take big contributors, as long as they don’t expect anything,”

8/23/15 Donald Trump has boldly touted his independence from big donors, in June proclaiming “I’m using my own money” during his presidential announcement speech, and holding forth his multi-billion-dollar net worth as proof that he can’t be bought by the “special interests” that bankroll — and “control” — the campaigns of his rivals.

But even as Trump publicly scorned other candidates’ use of super PACs, he tacitly gave approval to the Make America Great Again PAC by attending a fundraiser the group held in New York last month.
Trump spoke for between 10 and 15 minutes at the mid-July fundraiser, where about 200 people packed into a private residence in Manhattan.

“It was a combination of friends that have known Mr. Trump for years while others were meeting him for the first time,” said Mike Ciletti, a consultant for the Make America Great Again PAC, one of five known pro-Trump super PACs.

Asked about the event, Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski initially told POLITICO on Thursday that Trump had not attended any PAC fundraisers “to my knowledge.”
However, on Friday a campaign spokeswoman confirmed that Trump did attend, and forwarded a message from the Republican presidential candidate.

"There are so many people wanting to contribute and I am so grateful for their support. I appreciate the moral investment in my vision to Make America Great Again,” Trump said in an e-mailed statement to POLITICO Friday.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/donald-trump-donor-fundraising-2016-121645.html#ixzz3jhWeyHoA

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here we go!!!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by byc
Here we go!!!!!

And in the mashed potatoes we go!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I guess none of the Trumpets want to hear that DONALD has flipped-flopped...again.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's no secret that Trump never spends his own money. We'll know he's serious when he starts. So far all his promotion has been free.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Yep and all the others wish they could pull that little trick off. Trump is one smart cookie if nothing else. 30,000 at a rally makes you pay attention. The establishment rinos, and talking heads are changing their tone about Trump. A lot fewer smirking faces.Its going to be interesting.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It's no secret that Trump never spends his own money. We'll know he's serious when he starts. So far all his promotion has been free.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Wow.

Earth shattering schit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The free media coverage will stop when they realize that he might actually win the nomination. At this point he is a ratings novelty.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
You are probably right.I am never surprised at how dumb the msm is lets see how long it takes.So far Trump is playing them like a cheap fiddle.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The free media coverage will stop when they realize that he might actually win the nomination. At this point he is a ratings novelty.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pashooter
Yep and all the others wish they could pull that little trick off. Trump is one smart cookie if nothing else. 30,000 at a rally makes you pay attention. The establishment rinos, and talking heads are changing their tone about Trump. A lot fewer smirking faces.Its going to be interesting.

Even the 20,000+ at his rally is a good number and a wake-up call to the GOP Good Old Boys Club.
Same kind of wake-up numbers as when Sarah showed up at the Villages in Florida.
The pro-Palin fire chief estimated over 60,000.
The local democrat paper said it was only 25,000.
Not too bad for a vice-president candidate at her first campaign stop...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Hypothetical.

Wonder if he would fire her first or if she would quit first?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by add
Hypothetical.

Wonder if he would fire her first or if she would quit first?

No reason to quit unless Trump is suing Palin for three times more money than he is paying her.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The presidency is worth billions. Any wonder you have to spend a billion to get elected?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BarryC
The presidency is worth billions. Any wonder you have to spend a billion to get elected?

WSJ: “Is it better to represent the agenda of one rich guy or 1,000 rich guys?”

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many people could run without additional money?

If you ran, where would your money come from?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yep. it takes money to get votes.

once one defines a good source of funds, then the votes are sure to follow.

we voters, as individuals have been non-important for years. the congress is also joining our ranks as being mostly immaterial in the grand scheme of things.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BarryC
How many people could run without additional money?

If you ran, where would your money come from?

There is absolutely no problem with political donations. Can't win without them.
My problem is with flip-flopping on the issue. It is a matter of trust.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Feel free to not trust him and flick your bean to Carly Fortofbleeders every night.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Brilliant political analysis...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.