-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a 2.5-7x28 rimfire scope I really like on my CZ 452, put it on last year and it has performed great. Have had a few others along the way like a couple of old steel tube 4 X scopes, a Classic 4 X and a Grand Slam 1.5-5x32. Don't have them now but I would certainly consider another Weaver like the Classic 6 X in particular or one of their variables.

[Linked Image]

Gerry.
GB1

J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a V10x38 as well that I have owned for about 20 years. Extremely reliable and has probably sat on at least 10 rifles. I do notice that an adjustment sometimes seems to take a couple of shots to settle in but once sighted in it seems to maintain zero. I wouldn't want to dial it though based on this.
I also have a KT15 on a Win HV that seems to work well and is pretty bright. It has not seen heavy use though.
I like them ok but will generally save a few more bucks and buy the Leupold anymore.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
They are ok, nothing special by no means, I do not any of them anymore. Not what they used to be.

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've mostly used the fixed versions produced in the last 20 years or so. I like them and they have been reliable. (Well, I did lose a rifle with a 6X on it; it fell off a machine that as traveling 30 mph across sea ice. It got banged around enough that both ends of the scope were bent toward the barrel and receiver. Consequently it was about 2 feet off at 50 feet. I sent it back requesting that they straighten the tubes enough so that it would function well enough, appearance be damned. They sent me a brand new scope, no charge.)

I'd buy several more of the 2.5X models if they'd make them again....three is not enough!

Last edited by Klikitarik; 08/22/15.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The super slams are really good. Track well and good eye box. Like the popup turrets too.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
and also with a new-at-the-time Grand Slam 4.75x. I think I might be the only one in the Wester World who didn't like that 4.75.

You might be. I have one that has held zero on my backup deer rifle now for a dozen years. It isn't anything special, but, for what I paid for it, it is bright with good eye-relief, and a perfect magnification for where I hunt.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by john843
CowboyTim needs to chime in. He's a Weaver guy.
From my very first experience with one (a rectangle occular V-7, 2-7x32) in 1974 to the couple of fixed power current models I own now, I've never had anything but excellent results with them. Very dependable and priced reasonably.

John

Far as I'm concerned the Japan made Weaver scopes are as good as anything at their price point. I have had Grand Slam, Super Slam and Classic scopes. The K4 is probably my favorite(have 4 currently). The V9 has been on a 30/06 for about 20 years without losing zero. The Super Slam is VERY nice glass(would probably still have that one if it had been a 42 not a 50). All in all, well made, track well and hold zero. Right now I'm running Weaver and Leupold scopes the "K" series is right in there with the "FX-II" optically IMHO.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Some of my fav Weavers were the 1" series Tacticals

Built about 7-8 yrs ago..in Japan...great glass...super good

clicks..only 1/8" clicks though....they were 3-9's or 4-14's...

screw in lens covers......seems they are all gone now though

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought, used, mounted and recommended several always thinking they were terrific bargains. An inexpensive K6 showed me why folks were gaga for fixed 6x over more expensive variables not so long ago. Two of the last four scopes I recommended to friends and family have been Weavers. Natchez has the 2-10x42 Super slam for something like $279. I referred a friend to it who had a $500 budget and he still raves about it.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I bought, used, mounted and recommended several always thinking they were terrific bargains. An inexpensive K6 showed me why folks were gaga for fixed 6x over more expensive variables not so long ago. Two of the last four scopes I recommended to friends and family have been Weavers. Natchez has the 2-10x42 Super slam for something like $279. I referred a friend to it who had a $500 budget and he still raves about it.

Now you tell me...and just after I ordered an FX-II(6x36)...if that price sits still for a little while I'll be buying a couple of those...

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will try to be quicker next time Tim! smile

That 6x36 has no flies on it. Different beast. Both nice.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the Natchez Tip. I found the Weaver Classic V 2-10x38 silver just what I need.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Ready
Thanks for the Natchez Tip. I found the Weaver Classic V 2-10x38 silver just what I need.

Let's wait 'til I get it mounted before you make such a bold pronouncement. grin

Pics once it happens.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do not think, I want to see pics of you mounting my scopes or anthing else, for that matter. grin

Just show us the finished rifle, please, if you will...

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I do not think, I want to see pics of you mounting my scopes or anthing else, for that matter. grin

[Linked Image]

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

You are welcome. It seems like they always have some deeply discounted name brand scopes. The have good prices on their stuff, but lately they have been struggling to stay in stock on the reloading stuff I use. My last two orders went to Midway. I never order anything without giving Natchez a look. If they have it, they get my business.

The eye box on that scope has a tunnel kind of effect, but it's got good glass.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 08/29/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First off, any Weaver not made in USA or Japan is crap.

I have basically weeded out all(most) of my Weavers and only a few remain. A couple of El Paso scopes, and a couple of fixed power target scopes (T36 and KT15).

That said, several buds still have Classics on some of their rifles.

Overall, Weavers have been very good to me, and I have used them quite extensively. Their T and KT target scopes are great. Other favorites include the Classic 3-9x38 and V16. As well as the fixed K2.5.

I actually bent 2 Weaver Classics, and they still both work perfectly to this day. Neither even lost zero, in fact. Both were locked up in the old school Weaver rings (which are also a very solid value and just plain work).

The only 2 Weavers I have owned that I really did not like were the Classic 2-10X and their 2.5-8X handgun scopes. Both because of eye relief/tunnel vision issues.......

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 257Bob, 57 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,638
Posts18,455,306
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.