Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Higbean
I've only been reloading for ten or eleven years and have already figured out big ed is a douche. YMMV.

Then after reading my posts Higbean your mouth should feel fresh and clean for a change.

I have very simple rules, don't step on my toes and I won't stomp on yours.

So again how many people here think they are the only ones that know how to reload and reduce neck runout.

A simple matter of reducing neck runout and how to do it and a frigging war starts.

It is simply amazing that MD thinks he is the only one who knows how to reload. (yeah right)

And the shear number of rats that came out of the wood pile making comments here that "NEVER" offered the OP any help just shows how many douches there are in this forum.

The subject was reducing neck runout and MD didn't like my suggestion of removing the expander. The OP removed the expander and the runout was cut in half. Now all the OP needs to do is figure out where the other half of his neck runout is coming from.

Do any of you douchebags want to tell the OP how to fix his problem? Or are you just going to stay in the closet because your afraid to make any technical comments here.

Last edited by bigedp51; 08/25/15.
HR IC

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Do you know how to argue a point without being a blowhard?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bigedp51

And the shear number of rats that came out of the wood pile making comments here that "NEVER" offered the OP any help just shows how many douches there are in this forum.

Not sure how many douches there are here. But one thing's certain, we now have one more.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Big Ed,

Nope, wrong again.

grin

Ok that was TFF!

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
I guess reading mainstream books by better known competitive shooters like Tubbs or Zediker doesn't count.

Writing them would count.

Well there IS that! lol

It sounds like biged51 put his IQ in his screen name.

I'm waiting for him to post a link to an article MD wrote.

Last edited by tzone; 08/25/15.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Higbean
I've only been reloading for ten or eleven years and have already figured out big ed is a douche. YMMV.

Then after reading my posts Higbean your mouth should feel fresh and clean for a change.

I have very simple rules, don't step on my toes and I won't stomp on yours.

So again how many people here think they are the only ones that know how to reload and reduce neck runout.

A simple matter of reducing neck runout and how to do it and a frigging war starts.

It is simply amazing that MD thinks he is the only one who knows how to reload. (yeah right)

The subject was reducing neck runout and MD didn't like my suggestion of removing the expander. The OP removed the expander and the runout was cut in half. Now all the OP needs to do is figure out where the other half of his neck runout is coming from.

Do any of you douchebags want to tell the OP how to fix his problem? Or are you just going to stay in the closet because your afraid to make any technical comments here.

WOW!

Becoming a pariah in only 22 posts!

That's gotta be a Campfire record.

We've seen some really accomplished Trolls unable to achieve that status so quickly.

You are special without a doubt.

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by smokepole
I guess reading mainstream books by better known competitive shooters like Tubbs or Zediker doesn't count.

Writing them would count.

Well there IS that! lol

It sounds like biged51 put his IQ in his screen name.

I'm waiting for him to post a link to an article MD wrote.

I believe that is his belt size.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Do you know how to argue a point without being a blowhard?

You mean not being a blowhard like MD?

Now go back and read this posting from its start, I was very polite until MD wanted pull the handle of my reloading press and tell me I was wrong.

Now why is it that other people who use neck sizing dies don't share MD opinion or results?

Why is it I can use a RCBS neck sizing die and get .001 or less runout and then have a blowhard tell me it can't be done?

All I heard MD saying in this posting was I was wrong and he is right.

And "how" did neck sizing turn into a one man show?

And some of you want me to sit in the back of the bus and watch the expert and learn. (yeah right)

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I guess not.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Big Ed,

You really do have a reading comprehension problem. If you'll go back and read my posts I NEVER said anybody can't "use an RCBS neck-sizing die and get .001 or less runout." Instead I simply pointed out by far the most common cause of excessive runout with standard neck-sizing dies.

Also don't recall ever saying I was the only person who knows anything about reloading. Maybe you can provide yet another link?

Sorry to hear you won't be buying any of my books. I'll just have to struggle along somehow.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Larry Root again ? Sure smells like his stench...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I think you're better off playing over on Optics Talk. They like telling people how great they are over there like you do.

JG, why do you feel compelled to take pot shots at OT folks when you are a member there. Not the first time I've seen you remark about them either.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
[quote=tzone
I'm waiting for him to post a link to an article MD wrote. [/quote]

Advanced Handloading: Beyond The Basics
by John Barsness (Author, Actor, Director)

A review of his DVD at Amazon.com

By CA Mike on March 27, 2015

Okay, I gave it a 2 star because they shipped it to me properly and in time.

As for the content, I didn't believe the other 1-2 star reviews and purchased the DVD anyways.

However, the other reviewers were right, there is nothing on there that I do not already know or am already doing in regards to precision reloading.

If you are on a budget, you can learn everything you need to know about precision reloading on Google and Youtube!

And I thought I was all alone here with my opinion.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by bigedp51; 08/25/15.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I haven't been there in a while, but I did pick up that vibe a bit too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I didn't come here to listen, I came here to answer questions.

This ain't my first roundup.

We know you're a Hoss.

You told us so...

Playing King of the Hill isn't what we do here.

We who ?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I think you're better off playing over on Optics Talk. They like telling people how great they are over there like you do.

JG, why do you feel compelled to take pot shots at OT folks when you are a member there. Not the first time I've seen you remark about them either.

Sent you a PM.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
I haven't been there in a while, but I did pick up that vibe a bit too.

In being fair, there is a big difference between the accepted communication tactics here and what is or is not accepted over at OpticsTalk. I'm not a hypocrite, so I'll say that I've said things here that I probably wouldn't say over there and was spoken to about it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
OT is a joke. Nowhere else can you get repetitive, accepted, applauded recommendations like using a tactical reticle for max 300 yard shots, offer a differing point of view, then get PM's from mods whining about an opposing view, especially when you oppose what that Illya dude says........NOBODY does that and gets away with it.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Big Ed,

You really do have a reading comprehension problem. If you'll go back and read my posts I NEVER said anybody can't "use an RCBS neck-sizing die and get .001 or less runout." Instead I simply pointed out by far the most common cause of excessive runout with standard neck-sizing dies.

Also don't recall ever saying I was the only person who knows anything about reloading. Maybe you can provide yet another link?

Sorry to hear you won't be buying any of my books. I'll just have to struggle along somehow.

Your problem MD is you just can't stop insulting other reloaders and don't know when to back off and let other people get a word in. And I sure as hell do not have a reading problem as "YOUR" words prove below.

And I'm saying that testing isn't required to determine if the expander ball is the problem, because it always is--unless as noted the sizing die is old RCBS (or possibly some other brand) where the neck and body of the sizing chamber are out of line with each other.

I haven't bothered testing any new dies for this for many years, because the necks of the sizing chamber haven't been out-of-line, with any brand, including RCBS.

The expander isn't always the problem MD and this is the heart of this pissing contest. And by the OP removing his expander he solved half his problem. And all the OP needs is to investigate the problem further and fix the other half of the problem. And if you had not been so hard headed and contradict everything I said, and criticize the links I posted to help the OP we wouldn't be on page four of this posting.

And in closing MD the review at Amazon sums up things very clearly. Now get over yourself and let other people in this forum get a word in on how to help solve problems without being stepped on by a world class and friendly writer. (yeah right)

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Gee, now my entire career is going to be judged by one CD?

Let me tell you about that. Several companies decided to produce it, with me chosen to do the talking. But when we all got together to film it, mostly flying in from various parts of the country, they each had an idea of what "advanced handloading" meant. As a result they eventually decided to produce a series of CD's, each on different aspects of advanced handloading. That was supposed to be the first, but for a couple of reasons the others never got made, even though the original sold pretty well, and is still selling OK almost a decade later.

I didn't contradict much of what you said, because you did a much better job of contradicting yourself.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
761 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 90 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,706
Posts18,400,100
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.