Found some RP "red box w/green & white Remington components" tags at my LGS in 6.5 120gr PTD SPCL #B22926 bullets on consignment at a very rightous price compared to today's prices, and need some info on them.... BC, usage limits critter wise - I assume TX Wtails & Hogs will not exceed this bullets capabilities, min/max impact profile etc. I am a meat hunter and limit my shots normally to under 200 yards, with 400 yard self imposed max. Don't shoot enough anymore to get further out there reliably.

What bullets do these compare to bullet wise? I was thinking about using Speer or Sierra 120gr loading data to work up from. Same thing in the 100gr'ers if I decide to buy them, only using 100gr NPT and H'ndy info, with their FB SP profile.

With the cannelure midway up the body of the bullet the 120's remind me of Hornady FB Spire Pts only with less exposed lead tips (more like my 270's CL's) and a lil skinnier than the H'ndy 6.5 IL 129 gr'ers.

Midway's write up said they were originally designed for the 6.5 RMg and a really tough bullet....and out of stock with no other info just like Graf.

The LGS also has a box of 6.5 100gr RP's and couple box's of WW 100gr's from the same consignee @ the same price in sealed NIB box's, and look to be the same age cartons. Are these 100gr'ers also worth buying for a retired guy on a shoe string budget?

Any info or comments appreciated.
Ron

Last edited by verhoositz; 08/25/15.

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.