Print Thread
Hop To
#10301494 08/17/15
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I just bought my first Hoyt and it is the first bow in 30 years that I bought at a pro shop! I have bought many used bows off the internet and have bought several new bows from huntersfriend.com and their service is great. I had always been turned off by are local pro shops that seemed to have cornered the market on snobs. I have been looking at several different bow online and finally decided I wanted to actually shoot a bow before I bought it. Tallahassee Archery Center is the local Hoyt dealer so I stopped by the other day to look around. They are also a dive shop and were pretty busy but the clerk right away asked me if I wanted to shoot a couple to get the feel of them. I was on my lunch break so didn't have the time but thanked him and left after looking at a few Hoyt's and a PSE or two. After more research I went back today and shot the Challenger and that was it.. Richard asked if I wanted to try the PSE and I said nope this one is perfect. I bought the camp version with the fuse kit and swapped out the tubed peep for one without the tubing. He spent quite a bit of time with me vetting everything just right. He got everything tied in and got it shooting bullet holes through the paper. It is a 65lb max and I had him set it at 58 lbs. I bought some Neman arrows and a new Trufire Patriot release and am all set. I even got the old style black hat instead of brown. I was really impressed with the feel of the bow and how quiet and shock free it is. I think I was even more impressed with the customer service of the shop. Richard is the owner and even as busy as they were he took the time to make sure everything was right and that I was comfortable and it was set up to fit me. I will definitely use them in the future. Of course I get home and it is fl9ding so I can't go out and play

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
BP-B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I had the same positive experience at a not-so-local pro shop. I felt good about spending my money there after getting top shelf service.

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Our local pro shoo is owned by two brothers and they are absolutely stand up guys. They have only been in business for about 4 years but have a hell of a business following so far

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Got a Elite Hunter from the local shop, new, last year's model, smokin deal. HHA sight. Bow is smooth, quiet and shoots well. Pretty pumped for the upcoming season.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If I was in the market for a New Bow it would be the Hoyt Nitrum 30

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Get some lighted knocks. Tracers are good.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is the challenger an older model..I don't see it in Hoyt's online store..They do make a Charger that was introduce in 2013. The pic looks like a charger..I have one on order at local shop. They did not have a black out hanging on the wall.

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
It is a Charger. For Some reason my iPhone auto correct doesn't like that name. It keeps changing Ruger to River if I don't pay attention.

Last edited by pacecars; 08/25/15.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
688 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,096 guests, and 1,434 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.