Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Godogs57: The BEST thing I ever did was retire and take up Hunting virtually full time (Varmint and big game)!
I am in my 19th year of bliss (retirement) now and enjoying it more and more every day.
Congratulations on your retirement and best of luck this fall in the high country.
I have a suggestion for you - move out of non-Elk country to the heart of Elk country.
Take it from me you won't regret that decision either.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
57, best of luck with your future.. We retired in 1999 at 51 years of age.. Soooooo glad I did that.. Have had lots of fun in those years.. Had fun before, but much more after..
You will wonder how you ever got anything fun done before retirement.. I do something everyday when I am home, mostly hunt varmints, or shoot, or fish.. My wife and I camp a great deal.. She loves that a bit more than I .. Three or four weeks at a clip is enough for me.. then I want to see my home turf.. When I retired, I made a bucket list of 100 things I wanted to do.. I still have a hundred or more to do.. Simply because as I get a bunch done, there are new ones I want to get done.. I have figured out things would be better if we had TWO FALLS every year.. Then I might get closer to finishing my list... VERY BEST OF LUCK AND A LONG HEALTHY RETIREMENT.

Molon Labe
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Congrats on the retirement.

I am moving up on 36yrs with the feds...I was going to retire this past March and didn't. So, I continue to work and kind of look forward to retiring, everyday...just kind of reluctant to do it for fear of there being nothing that I really HAVE to do. Although, I am really getting more serious about it now that hunting season is upon us. The beautiful part of this is...I can wake up in the morning and call in to work and tell them..."See ya!"...and do whatever I want.

At any rate, enjoy the retirement and the hunt.

GOD bless.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I feel your joy.
I have 5 more years (maybe less) for my parole date from urban insititionlism. When the ship sails to rural bliss. And I pack my bags and relocate myself from the confines of Metro Denver, traffic, HIGH housing prices, etc.

Last edited by LostHighway; 09/11/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen guys who retire and just sit down in front of the tv to rot. Not in my case. So far this year I've totally remodeled an old camp trailer and I'm now putting the finishing touches on a deck on the house. I'm taking my pack llamas out in the hills for a 4 or 5 mile hike a couple times a week to get us all in shape for elk hunting and 2 weeks ago I took a pack trip with them. I have very little free time these days.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
ENJOY YOUR TIME. I retired in 03 and haven't stopped moving since. Two elks hunts coming up this year, winter in Az and new home construction next spring (i hope). Keep active, I am headed out for two mile hike (uphill) right now. Enjoy your time you earned it.

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Next week will be my last full week of work! I am about to bust! Grandson is expected to be born next week as well....Lord have mercy...what a great time to be alive!

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gd57, I retired from full time work last Dec 31 at 65 + y/o; I still do some part time work (my profession) two mornings a week. And I'm still seeking a service/volunteer work where I can make a difference in people's lives but I have to tell you, it's truly glorious to reach this age in relatively good health, as we all know of contemporaries who've passed not to mention seeing the obit's of those much younger still.

I thank God for this and am looking forward to an elk hunt in the Wind River's in three weeks.

Congratulations!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,720 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,225
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.