Print Thread
Hop To
C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Mr. Dale Atkerson gave me a nudge that there was the Professional Knifemakers Association show in Denver this weekend so I went to the city for a look, I'm closer than he is laugh
The makers are turning out some beautiful knives and I enjoyed seeing each mans take on a basic form.
I'm reminded why it's so hard to buy a knife for someone else, different people have such different tastes and each maker has a signature style.
Lots of Damascus blades and beautiful exotic handles. Some Tactical knives and forged kitchen knives a collection of Randall knives and a few Loveless clones plus the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.

Try as I might,I couldn't find anything I needed and I tried hard to spend a few bucks, nope, couldn't do it.

It made me realize how well the Campfire is connected to have the makers we have here!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe Harvey King and Wayne Hendrix are both there.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Glad you had fun. You have more will power tham me. Thats one thing that pulled me into knife making, they're all just a bunch great guys.

When it comes to knives and guns, what does NEED have to do with it?
C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Harvey may have been there, I don't recognize his knives by site, yet.
I don't believe Wayne was there, I have one of his and they are subtle but distinctive, I think I would have spotted them and bought another.

I have a match to shoot in the morning but I'll go back down after, if I can.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ticket you bought today will get you in mañana too. And Harvey makes a damn fine hunting knife.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Antlers, Thanks for the reminder, I kept the stub in my wallet! Now I Have to go back!

Dale, you're right, they were all very nice and helpful folks.
I put fingerprints on each table!

Isak Dinesen

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Yes, I was there!

Had a great time and sold some knives to boot.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Antlers

Thanks for the praise!!

Harv

C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Aw Rats, Sorry I missed meeting you at the show Harv.
Slap me as I wander by next time!
I'll have to wear a 24HR Campfire hat when I'm at a show that draws from several states.

If Dale hadn't hollered at me I would have missed it and not known it, I didn't hear any local advertising for the show.
I'll be watching more closely next time.

Isak Dinesen

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sounds like someone is about ready for rehab!!!!!

When it comes to knives and guns, what does NEED have to do with it?
IC B3

C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Doh!
I'm blaming the crazy summer construction season affecting my thinking, What's your excuse, Dale? laugh

Isak Dinesen

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
777 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 87 invisible), 3,082 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,706
Posts18,400,100
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.