Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BC30cal Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Fellow Fire folks;
I just learned that simplyme - Burke Broadway - has passed away from a heart attack yesterday morning.

It's my understanding he was 50.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and those left behind.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
My Condolences

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear this news. Prayers on the way.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Dwayne, that is indeed bad news. I did not know the man, but 50 is way too young to go.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Sorry to hear.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Way too young to go!
Wander the mountains in peace.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeez,....

an invocation lifted from SE Az.

Strength and courage be his family's.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
crossfire;
Thanks to you and all the rest for the thoughts.

I was just getting to know him and truly met him only on forums and phone calls.

He'd wanted to learn to build stocks this winter so I'd sent him a couple blanks to fool with and was looking forward to walking him through the process.

Anyway as mentioned 50 is way, way too young isn't it?

All the best to you crossfire and thanks again to you and the rest of the folks who've responded.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sad news. Yes, way too young. Didn't know him but wish I did, and feel for his family.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yes, waaay too young!!
It seems we hear more about this every year.
When I was younger I don't recall many people dying from heart attacks when they were under 65.
Please give my condolences to the family and to you Sir, for the loss of your friend.
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
cat;
Good to hear from you again sir, it's been too long.

To be clear I was just getting to know him as well, but thought as a matter of respect I'd post his passing here as he was a fellow Canuck.

My late father barely survived a heart attack when he was 51 so I know all too well it can happen to younger folks too.

Thanks for the thoughts sir and all the best to you folks.

Dwayne

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yep, he was an enjoyable presence on HBC and I was saddened to read yesterday that he had gone under.

Two of my lifelong friends died since my birthday at the end of June and two girls I went to high school in Nelson with, both very lovely.

I add my condolences to those here for his family and hope he is in Heaven, where the hunting is the best and Kimbers all shoot like my new Mountain Ascent-.280AI does.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dwayne, I'm very sorry to hear that. He was a young man yet. Though I didn't know him condolences to his friends and family; may they find peace and grace.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
WAY too young. Damned unfortunate, hate to read it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
This serves as yet another reminder to all of us that nothing is guaranteed to the living and putting things off til "next year" may be one year too late.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by patbrennan
This serves as yet another reminder to all of us that nothing is guaranteed to the living and putting things off til "next year" may be one year too late.

Which is quite true that tomorrow is a promise to no man.

That said, unless it's something that involves another person it doesn't really matter much, because you'll be dead. But if it involves another, such as catching up, telling someone you love them etc, then it does matter for those left behind.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A couple of nights ago, I was going through some boxes of old stuff and found cards I received when I graduated FROM high school. Included was one from Mrs. Roberts, who was my English teacher in eighth grade and ninth grade. I am sure that when I received the card, I just gave it a cursory look without really paying attention to it. Now, forty-six years later, I finally took the time to really read what she had written. She spoke of her admiration for my commitment to academics, her respect for the way that I followed my own path when others tried to get me to deviate from it, and her appreciation for the leadership I provided for the younger boys. I remember that she was born in 1907, so the time when I could have thanked her for her interest in me and for her kind words is no doubt long past.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That is truly terrible news. I hadn't met the man, just a few PMs back-and-forth. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
690 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,736 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.