A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TWR
Yep the "15 minute" trigger job isn't a bad option to clean up a stock trigger but it's no where close to a good trigger, neither is a Jewell in an AR unless you like readjusting them from time to time.

That's what locktite is for.

I had mine that had issues, as in not screws moving, but in 5 pulls in row, the weight coudl go up and down in pull weight on a scale.

The very first jewel I had, as it came on an experimental run from the factory for us to test did NOT do that.

I bought 3 a few years after that and Chris F was right, prettty much dumped em again as fast as I could once I put a pull gauge on em.

Out of the box, mine would bind. I had to adjust on it a with with a file, and now it's very consistent and clean breaking. However, considering what I payed for it, I shouldn't of had to do any rework.

The machine work on mine was not very pretty either. A buddy of mine picked one up and it looked like a work of fine art and worked perfect out of the box. I think Jewel has some very inconsistent quality control on the AR line.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Since Bill figured out AR triggers, I would look no further than a cheap RRA or any of Bills offerings.

I have known Bill for years, we talked at Perry often enough, and he was around ARs enough to know what was working and what was not on triggers and then decided to step in with his own ideas, and those have been well recieved.

If we were still shooting, I"m sure that a lot of our guns would have Bills triggers.

Only other one I've pulled that made me happy was Milazzo. Still have a few of those, and even those need a tweak from time to time. Obviously that happens when you run around 20K rounds a year through them.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
i had this nut job ruin two of my AR triggers.went full auto at my local range.Trashed it..never again

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
There are too many good triggers for under a hundred to mess with "trigger jobs."

My current go to is the Larue MBT-2s for $87

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LaRue MBT and thank me later

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by liliysdad
There are too many good triggers for under a hundred to mess with "trigger jobs."

Beat like a rented mule.

+1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Ive had my RR double a time or two

Itchy trigger finger. Ive only had 1 double and that was my geiselle SSAE when it was in my AR10 308. Pulled it and put it in my Noveske and it does just fine.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Anyone tried any of the Rise Armament triggers? They are usually found around $100.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Anyone tried any of the Rise Armament triggers? They are usually found around $100.

Got one, haven't ran it hard but it seems ok. Breaks clean, poundage is probably accurate, mine seems a little gritty on the reset. If I had it to do over again, I would probably pay an extra 20 or 30 bucks for a Velocity. Or pay 20 bucks less and get the Larue. YMMV

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

Got one, haven't ran it hard but it seems ok. Breaks clean, poundage is probably accurate, mine seems a little gritty on the reset. If I had it to do over again, I would probably pay an extra 20 or 30 bucks for a Velocity. Or pay 20 bucks less and get the Larue. YMMV

Thanks, that’s good info to have. I tried a Bullmoose trigger with Kaw Valley springs and a grip screw adjuster. It’s pretty crisp with just a little take up but the pull weight is about 4.25-4.5lb. May consider an upgrade at some point.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Agree with the LaRue, VERY GOOD in every aspect, and best I've seen for the money.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Absolutely this. There are issues with trigger jobs on ARs related to the outer heat-treat- get into the softer inner metal and things can quickly wear to the point of being unsafe.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DeoVindice

Absolutely this. There are issues with trigger jobs on ARs related to the outer heat-treat- get into the softer inner metal and things can quickly wear to the point of being unsafe.

Exactly. Wear though the surface hardening with a stone or file and it renders the trigger garbage. Prone to wear very quickly..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I love my SSA-E, I have one Franklin binary that's kinda fun but sucks for precision, I had a CMC in an AR10 that I liked, a RR, don't know what is in my BCM pistol but it's not bad.

Point is there are lots of good options. Watch for sales.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m just glad we got an update on Barnie’s triggers after five years.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I put a LaRue MBT in one of my AR's. It is not quit as good as the Geissele that came in my LaRue PredATar, but it is almost as good and good enough and lots cheaper. Try it, you will like it.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Any thoughts on Jard?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Any thoughts on Jard?

Have not pulled a Jard that made me happy. Don't like single stage in an AR anyway. That said I've not pulled a JARD that wasn't better than factory.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

609 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,239 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,306
Posts18,449,109
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.