Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The immigration debate can be summed up in 3 words:

SECURE THE BORDER.

Everything else is secondary, and only a distraction.

SECURE THE BORDER, then we can talk about everything else.

Next, Deport every illegal that is charged with a crime (after they serve their sentence here.)

Make the penalty for re-entry after deportation 20 years in Federal, Pack You In A S S prison.

Once that is done, then talk about the rest.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by cv540

SECURE THE BORDER.

Next, Deport every illegal that is charged with a crime (after they serve their sentence here.)

Make the penalty for re-entry after deportation 20 years in Federal, Pack You In A S S prison.

I pretty much agree with that. Get the damned border secure and then go from there to address other issues. Legal immigration needs a massive fix too. But lets focus on what we can do right now to get the most bang for the buck so to speak.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RobJordan

SECURE THE BORDER.

But lets focus on what we can do right now to get the most bang for the buck so to speak.

For every illegal migrant household that leaves the United States under Trump’s plan, Americans would recoup nearly three-quarters of a million dollars ($719,350), according to 2010 data collected by Heritage scholar Robert Rector

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by hicountry
How about this....the economic idiocy of voting for a bought and paid for career politician, who is a practitioner of crony capitalism ?

What a concept, someone like Trump who actually wants to uphold the law and constitution.

Sheesh, what is this world coming too.......

Tony

Tony, Trump is far and away, the biggest practitioner and beneficiary of chrony capitalism in the entire race---bar none!! To my best knowledge, he has not criticized chrony capitalism one single time in this campaign!! How could he, he has built massive wealth often by playing it (chrony capitalism) to his advantage! (See for example his massive financial donations to liberal politicians and causes when it benefits him to buy their political influence.) In fact, he wants to use chrony capitalism to favor those companies who do what the government (Trump) tells them to do. (See for example, his comments on Ford Motor.)
BTW, the one candidate who has been hammering against chrony capitalism (virtually every single speech she gives) is Carly Fiorina. She is also the one candidate (well, her and Cruz) who constantly harps on the need to reduce the size of government but she makes the argument better than any of the other candidates. Please read the articles below and then get back to us on Trump and chrony capitalism. This is why the idea of any well-informed, limited government, genuinely conservative voter supporting Trump is a preposterous contradiction in terms.

Jordan

http://godscopybook.blogs.com/gpb/2015/08/donald-trump-the-honest-crony-capitalist.html

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/422402/carly-fiorina-republicans-crony-capitalism

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...iorina-iowa-state-fair-soapbox/31863481/

Last edited by RobJordan; 08/27/15.

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I've been saying it for years....

1. Secure our boarders
2. Enforce our laws
3. Do away with "anchor baby" stature

And finally, many illegals would self-deport if the Federal government would stop federal funds to hospitals, police departments, cities, schools, social welfare programs etc., that do NOT report illegals to ICE.

Once the institutions turn on the illegals (and they would for the money), then many illegals would turn back to the border on their own... deporting themselves.

It really is that simple.

I need to have Spanky's "people" relay this to Trump's "people"... grin

I agree Fost, completely.
Me too.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Trump is consistently kicking RobJordan in the crotch!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Trump is consistently kicking RobJordan in the crotch!!

Have you read this thread? It's is exactly the opposite: The Trumpkins are reduced to ad hominem and logic that would embarass a kindergartener.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couple questions for you, Rob:

Why are you so vehemently opposed to Trump, given that he is the ONLY one with enough chutzpah in his wallet and enough voters behind him NOW AT THIS POINT to possibly get elected and affect change from the MORE OF THE SAME OLE SCHIT?

Have you done enough research and reading to have a handle on the REAL LEVEL of chronyism in Washington?

Check out Wayne Root's article right here on the forum for a primer.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10348112/2
or this one about everybody getting their panties in a wad about his saying something about McCain.
http://townhall.com/columnists/wayn...te-for-donald-trumpif-n2027854/page/full

Who are you supporting?? Biden??

People who are so vehemently opposed to Trump are curious to me. My gut feeling on that tells me it's not so much about Trump, but the big ass rock that might knock that Business As Usual apple cart over.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
"Trumpkins?"

"Trumpites?"

"Trumponians?"

My God, he has his own monikers for his followers?

Screwed Are We.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

SECURE THE BORDER.

THAT is what Perry keeps saying...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RobJordan
....big hat, no cattle.

http://spectator.org/articles/63806/trump%E2%80%99s-shameful-immigration-plan

Like most things Donald Trump says, his immigration proposal — only slightly more detailed than most of his superficial bombast — contains a few grains of rationality and a large helping of the sort of xenophobia and economic ignorance that appeals to a slice of the Republican base but which most Americans — including many Republicans — find distasteful and self-destructive.

Let’s start with the good stuff: Mr. Trump notes that a true nation must have its borders and its laws enforced. He points out the reprehensible record of federal law enforcement agencies releasing tens of thousands of criminal illegal aliens back into American society, a small number of whom commit heinous crimes such as the murder of Kate Steinle. He recognizes that a large percentage of our illegal aliens are people who came here legally but overstayed their visas and that the lack of a credible visa tracking system is unacceptable.

And while Mr. Trump’s rhetoric may be a little strong, he is right to remind Americans that the Mexican government encourages its citizens to enter the United States illegally and that we must eliminate sanctuary cities, which encourage the illegal aliens to come and to stay. (I mean eliminate the sanctuaries, not the cities.)

While the recognition of these problems is welcome — even for those of us who do not follow Mr. Trump further down his anti-immigration path — the rest of Trump’s “plan” is a bitter stew served up by a man pandering to Angry White People with ideas both fanciful and harmful.

On the fanciful side, Trump continues to beat the drum that he will “make Mexico pay for the wall.” Puhleeze. At least on this score, he offers what in Trump-world pass for details:

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards — of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico. [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options.]

Let’s look at these things with the brevity they deserve: How will the U.S. possibly know what remittance payments are derived from illegal wages? And even if a system were devised to determine that, don’t you think that clever people will find a way around it in less time than it takes you to read this sentence? How much money will the U.S. raise by increasing fees on temporary visas and don’t you think that Mexico would retaliate with higher fees on American tourists? (Maybe that’s how we make Mexico pay for the wall… they can take the money from Americans going to Cancun or Cabo and then send it back to us!) Also, wouldn’t raising the fee to cross the border legally simply push many of those people to cross illegally?

For each of the provisions relating to NAFTA and trade between the U.S. and Mexico, doesn’t Mr. Trump realize that the result of such policies would be to raise prices for American consumers? Tariffs are nothing more than mostly hidden taxes paid when you go to the store. If Trump’s plan to make Mexico pay for the wall were to come to pass, the big losers would be Americans.

Another of Trump’s major themes is a desire to “put American workers first.” But again, as he does not understand Frederic Bastiat’s contrast of the good economist versus the bad economist, Trump’s plan — to the extent that we know what it is — would not only have minimal beneficial impact for American workers (and would likely harm as many as it helped) but impose tremendous costs on American consumers (and corporations, though these days it’s not politically correct to care about corporations).

Trump ties low labor participation rates, the “shrinking middle class,” and unemployment among black teenagers to immigration — both legal and illegal — despite there being approximately zero credible evidence to support any such claims.

There is an argument to be made that illegal immigration holds down the wages for Americans who have less than a high school degree — which means that America has a school dropout problem, not an immigration problem. But across the entire economy, immigration is not just beneficial but absolutely necessary to sustain the Ponzi schemes that are the American entitlement systems of Social Security and Medicare.

It’s also worth noting that illegal immigrants compete with low-education low-skill American workers in the same way that technological advances do. The cotton gin, almost every machine made by John Deere or Caterpillar, the automobile, the computer — all of these things put people out of work. Perhaps if we should halt immigration we should also ban the use of mechanized farm equipment. Just think of how many farm jobs we could create!

Trump proposes to force companies to raise the minimum pay for H-1B visa holders — typically people coming to America for high-skill jobs. Has any true conservative ever supported price controls? What makes Mr. Trump think that getting government even more involved in the operations of private businesses is good policy, much less good politics? His plan to require businesses to “hire American workers first” has the stench of xenophobia backed up by the fist of government. Perhaps as a Jew I’m overly sensitive, but when I hear Trump speak I can’t help but think of “Germany for the Germans.”

The reason that so many Americans aren’t working is that we pay them so well not to and that over-regulation through laws like Obamacare and Dodd-Frank have made corporations cautious about expansion. Remember, more than 100% of net hiring in the United States is done by small companies, not giant corporations. Forcing entrepreneurs into bad and expensive hiring decisions, including raising the minimum wage, simply means they will not hire.

There is a reason that new company formation is actually slower than the rate of business closings and that the United States has plunged in its worldwide ranking of business startups. Trump’s immigration idiocy would put “America, Inc.” at even greater risk with, it bears repeating, the big losers being Americans.

Perhaps most destructive and most emblematic of Mr. Trump’s economic cluelessness is his suggestion that there be a “pause” in the issuance of work visas during which “employers will have to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed immigrant and native workers.” It’s hard to know where to start discussing an idea this bad but Trump may be correct to think that it appeals to a substantial number of Americans, proving that the discipline most needed to be taught to our students of all ages is economics. (For those reflexive Trump supporters who believe that he must understand economics because he’s made a lot of money, I ask if you would support George Soros’s economic policy proposals for the same reason.)

Mr. Trump wants to remove all illegal aliens from the United States. This is, of course, impossible and, even if it were possible, an outrageous waste of tens or hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. When asked by Chuck Todd on NBC’s Meet the Press if he would split up families in which one or more of the parents is an illegal alien but their children are U.S. citizens, Trump said no, clarifying in one of the most reprehensible statements I have ever heard from an American candidate for public office, “We’re going to keep the families together, but they have to go.” Yes, Trump would try to deport American citizens. Did I mention how ignorant of history Donald Trump sounds to this Jewish columnist?

What amazes me most is not that Trump would say such a thing, proposing something obviously both immoral and illegal, but that so many Americans still support a man bursting with hatred and idiocy. Donald Trump is to politicians what P.T. Barnum was to entertainers, knowing that you can reach great success by pandering to the many suckers out there. (Actually, the attribution of “there’s a sucker born every minute” to Mr. Barnum is probably both erroneous and unfair, but it remains a powerful piece of American lore.)

The most controversial part of Donald Trump’s immigration plan is his call to end birthright citizenship, namely the policy of the United States that almost anybody born here is automatically a citizen. (Birthright citizenship does not apply to the children of foreign diplomats, of foreign enemies or soldiers involved in an occupation of part of the United States, and, at least a century ago, of certain Indian tribes.)

Some who read the entirety of the relevant clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, which was passed to protect freed slaves and their descendants — “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside” — believe that “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” arguably does not apply to illegal aliens, thus depriving their children of birthright citizenship.

It is not per se a meritless argument. But the practical problem with that line of thinking is two-fold: First, the Supreme Court has dealt with a similar (though not identical) issue in the 1898 case of U.S. v. Wong Kim Arkand determined that anyone born in the United States, with the few exceptions noted above, is a citizen. Although the ruling in the case was not unanimous, the likelihood of today’s Supreme Court overturning that precedent is extremely low. When you add in the societal turmoil that such a ruling would cause, the chance is zero.

Therefore, while it is in theory possible that the Supreme Court could end birthright citizenship for the children of illegal aliens by simply reinterpreting the Fourteenth Amendment as written, in practice that change would require a Constitutional amendment, a process that would end in failure but not before bitterly dividing the nation and ensuring the election of Democrats from coast to coast.

And this brings me to the most important aspect of Donald Trump’s so-called “immigration plan.” It is not a policy document as much as a rabble-rousing political screed aimed at riling up the most angry and xenophobic among us, particularly those with the least understanding of economics, and engaging in a divide-and-conquer political strategy that no true conservative should tolerate, especially after seeing what six years of our current president’s us-versus-them mindset has wrought.

Republicans often say things like, “If I wanted to destroy the United States, I would do exactly what Barack Obama is doing.” The longer Mr. Trump remains atop Republican primary polls while spouting rhetoric as angry, ridiculous, and dangerous as his immigration platform, the more Democrats will gleefully think to themselves, “If I wanted to destroy the GOP, I would do exactly what Donald Trump is doing.”

Bla,bla,bla yada,yada sleep

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
OK, OK Jordan we get it. You don't like Trump. Give it a rest instead of wasting broadband with you cut and paste vitriol.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

SECURE THE BORDER.

THAT is what Perry keeps saying...

Yet, it takes a NY capitalist to carry the water for the border gov?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Couple questions for you, Rob:

Why are you so vehemently opposed to Trump, given that he is the ONLY one with enough chutzpah in his wallet and enough voters behind him NOW AT THIS POINT to possibly get elected and affect change from the MORE OF THE SAME OLE SCHIT?

Have you done enough research and reading to have a handle on the REAL LEVEL of chronyism in Washington?

Check out Wayne Root's article right here on the forum for a primer.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10348112/2
or this one about everybody getting their panties in a wad about his saying something about McCain.
http://townhall.com/columnists/wayn...te-for-donald-trumpif-n2027854/page/full

Who are you supporting?? Biden??

People who are so vehemently opposed to Trump are curious to me. My gut feeling on that tells me it's not so much about Trump, but the big ass rock that might knock that Business As Usual apple cart over.

Here is your “Crony Capitalism; Trump style; Donald Trump's eminent domain love nearly cost a widow her house by David Boaz:
For more than 30 years Vera Coking lived in a three-story house just off the Boardwalk in Atlantic City. Donald Trump built his 22-story Trump Plaza next door. In the mid-1990s Trump wanted to build a limousine parking lot for the hotel, so he bought several nearby properties. But three owners, including the by then elderly and widowed Ms Coking, refused to sell.

As his daughter Ivanka said in introducing him at his campaign announcement, Donald Trump doesn’t take no for an answer.

Trump turned to a government agency — the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) — to take Coking’s property.

CRDA offeredher $250,000 for the property — one-fourth of what another hotel builder had offered her a decade earlier. When she turned that down, the agency went into court to claim her property under eminent domain so that Trump could pave it and put up a parking lot.

Peter Banin and his brother owned another building on the block. A few months after they paid $500,000 to purchase the building for a pawn shop, CRDA offered them $174,000 and told them to leave the property.
A Russian immigrant, Banin said: “I knew they could do this in Russia, but not here. I would understand if they needed it for an airport runway, but for a casino?”

Ms Coking and her neighbors spent several years in court, but eventually with the assistance of the Institute for Justice they won on July 20, 1998. A state judge rejected the agency’s demand on the narrow grounds that there was no guarantee that Trump would use the land for the specified purpose. “TRUMPED!” blared the front page of the tabloid New York Post...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Unfortunately, eminent domain is alive and well all over. Trump doesn't own the phrase by any means.

I've seen cities and commissioners do it here for their own profit many times.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Unfortunately, eminent domain is alive and well all over. Trump doesn't own the phrase by any means.

I've seen cities and commissioners do it here for their own profit many times.

That is true, but it does not excuse Trump. It tells the truth about how he really feels about the little guy.
Bleep the little guy.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The solution is to implement comprehensive immigration reform. We need to establish a legal fence that prevents illegals from taking root in our society.

It starts with making being an illegal alien a felony subject to 3 years in prison for the first offense. When we capture illegals for the first time they will have the option of pleading guilty, accepting deportation and receiving a suspended sentence to be served if they return. We also need to make providing aid to illegals a felony and punishable by 1 year in prison for each illegal you help sentences to be served consecutively. By aid I mean employment including contract employment, government aid including driver's licenses, government benefits, licenses and registration for automobiles and sanctuaries. Politicians who establish sanctuary cities could receive sentences of thousands of years in prison.

We also need to have the federal government use it and states records where illegals have received benefits such as driver's licenses to ID illegals to deport. Have all the people that are working on ObamaCare now be used to track down illegals for deportation.

This is comprehensive immigration reform that would work. It would have the additional benefit of opening up millions of jobs for those formerly on welfare.

[Linked Image from ]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Did someone put something the the Ca water? Mr. Jordan is all riled up...

Don't let it become a meltdown!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
damn, and I thought Bowsingers obsession with Palin was borderline

if the sun is shining you can count on another RobJordan Trump bashing thread

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The solution is to implement comprehensive immigration reform. We need to establish a legal fence that prevents illegals from taking root in our society.

It starts with making being an illegal alien a felony subject to 3 years in prison for the first offense.

I've been saying that for years.

Let them build their own damn prisons here

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 33 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,631
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.