24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A few days ago we talked about a guy who used military headstone to make a patio. How he got them has been solved. An investigation showed that they're defective discards that he salvaged from a landfill where they were dumped. While his use of them might be tasteless, he did nothing illegal. The patio has since been removed.

The company that dumped them has stopped making military headstones because of the strict regulations involved.

The company who made them should have destroyed them before dumping them and the guy who salvaged them should have had the sense to know that the names on them meant a lot more to someone than using them like he did. It's too bad that it went as far as it did.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for that follow-up, Rock Chuck. That happened here in Missouri but I had not heard "the rest of the story" until I read your post.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I read the homeowner was a "simple" man in the investigator's words. I also heard a local Veterans group was going to rebuild the man's porch for him. If both are true I feel a lot better about it then I did when it first was reported.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
so what if it was non military headstone mistakes...

I can't get wound up about using mistakes... its a waste if you don't utilize them IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well, the fellow could have at least had the common sense to turn the headstones upside down, and present the back of them.

Sam......

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
I thought I read that was the way it was done? Of course I don't read every bit of everything that gets folks panties in a wad either.

Sam, hope you are doing ok in regards to your mother.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Headstones are only polished on the top & sides. If he'd flipped them over, he'd have a rough surface showing. The photos I saw showed the names. If he'd turned them over, I doubt this would have ever come up.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bbassi
I read the homeowner was a "simple" man in the investigator's words. I also heard a local Veterans group was going to rebuild the man's porch for him. If both are true I feel a lot better about it then I did when it first was reported.

That would be an excellent ending to the story. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
740 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 86 invisible), 2,742 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.