Print Thread
Hop To
T
TvTech Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
A friend gave me a reproduction black powder pistol that had timing issues. So, I spent some time looking it over and then I took it apart and came up with another lamp idea. I've made 4 different lamps so far, this one and my Browning shotgun lamp are my favorites.

NRA Life Endowment Member
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Man, I LOVE the "Switch" function.

Now,....be honest,...when you press down on the trigger, does the wide screen come on ?

I'd gear a dimmer to the room lights to the cylinder,...click, click, click,

thanks for posting this, Bud.

Now,...just an update on a very OLD and mossy safety advisory.

Be REALLY careful about "Minty" old rollers,trapdoors, and even a few sharps cartridge conversions,....mostly ALL Military variants.

......sold at gun shows at "fantastic prices" recently, " with ammo"....they were GREAT lamps in their time.

You DO need to plug the hole under their foreends, before showing them off as a bargain.

Dirty and oily 150 year old walnut embedded in one's left forearm takes all the bragging rights outta' the deal.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
LOL! I sleep next to a rolling block lamp down at the Kenedy County ranch! Pretty cool revolver lamp!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So,....you're certainly old enough to remember "Ye Olde Hunter's" Rolling Block and Trapdoor Springfield ramps, .....aren't ya?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sold for the OUTRAGEOUS price of well under $25 when we were pups

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MINTY Argentines and Others,....cosmetically, the BEST.

Meanwhile ,...we were buying "Shooter Grade" for ,...what,...12.50 (shipping included, USPS ?)

GTC

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.