Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
In 34 states, welfare pays better than entry level work. Cut this, and maybe we won't have so many "jobs Americans won't do" for the illegals...

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/welfare-is-the-best-paying-entry-level-job-in-34-states

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well,,,,, DUH.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I agree 1000%. There should be an iron clad cut off time frame for any of it with 12 months MAX.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Should not be a way of life. 12 months max and if your babies are hungry call their daddies. Never could figure out why I have to pay for your tattoos . Come on Donald.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yup. It pays significantly more than working. I'd guess that it would take at least a $15 an hour job to keep even with the amount an unwed mother draws through welfare. Considering that many unwed mothers didn't graduate high school and would be lucky to command a minimum wage job, it's no wonder that they choose welfare over work. It costs them money to take a job, I'd do the same if I were in their position.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
and the sad thing is that many of these folks collecting, couldn't go out and get a job and keep it paying what they are getting on welfare even if they wanted to work...

Friend's sister in Massachusetts is netting $6K a month, from the state and Feds... and her "handicap" is she can't 'emotionally' hold a job....if you can believe that one..

she's been collecting from the state for a least 15 years or more...and as soon as her kids have turned 18, they get on the same welfare rolls on their own..

its ridiculous...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It's all about dignity. People shouldn't be forced to work for low wages and eat economy. It's undignified. They should be able to grow fat and lazy eating whatever the "F" they want.

You conservative meanies.

Frankly, I think they should be eating MREs, but the calorie count would probably give them heart attacks at an early age...wait a minute...

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and all those entitlement queens vote. The recipient class is the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Romney came close, with his 47%, but he was off the mark by about 6 points.
Welfare rats will NEVER vote Conservative. The battle will always be to get a GOP candidate that is 'pure' enough to get the few conservatives still engaged, to go to the polls.
I predict we won't see another GOP President in our life time.

Sam......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
In order for someone to receive welfare, food stamps, and wicks cards and all of the other benefits they're cashing in on, they should:

be able to pass random drug tests.
have to have a birth control implant and have no more children while receiving benefits.
have a time limit.
not be able to vote on the grounds of conflict of interest.

A couple of simple rules would cut down on this real quick.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
They should be able to grow fat and lazy eating whatever the "F" they want.

I will venture that one of the biggest hurdles to getting meaningful change in how the dollars are spent - and I would fully support such changes- would be (are) opposed by the retail industry as well as food producers - including some of the big ones - like sugar- which are already on the government dole themselves.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
In order for someone to receive welfare, food stamps, and wicks cards and all of the other benefits they're cashing in on, they should:

be able to pass random drug tests. Absolutely!
have to have a birth control implant and have no more children while receiving benefits. You must be one of those mean angry old white men!!
have a time limit. Why not?
not be able to vote on the grounds of conflict of interest. Just because Hillary Rodham Obama has put a grin on Tricky Dick's face does not justify turning LBJ over like a rotisserie pig wink
A couple of simple rules would cut down on this real quick.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As is the case with our counterfeit citizen brothers and sisters of the darker persuasion, if they bleed, they breed... These child parents, 12 and younger, couldn't drive to a job if they had one.
What is the answer?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and all those entitlement queens vote.
Welfare rats will NEVER vote Conservative.

I have been saying this for years. I used to have predominantly Section 8 recipient tenants years ago in Dade. I got so sick of their lies and defrauding the govt, I trimmed that down to 2. And those 2 are only still there because I know every facet of their income, family needs, and social behavior.

I am speaking from many years experience here. In my experience, most of those receiving govt housing assistance are defrauding the program. Read that again. MOST OF THOSE RECEIVING GOVT HOUSING ASSISTANCE ARE DEFRAUDING THE PROGRAM.

I'll give you a prime, shining example that occurs in a vast majority of cases. Baby momma has 2 to several kids and says she can't support them on her income and applies for "assistance". Baby momma gets her voucher (estimated rent supplement based on documents she's submitted to local county housing authority office about her income, child support, assets, etc). She finds a place suitable to her and goes through the process to move in.

Baby Momma ALWAYS moves Baby Daddy or current Daddy Love in with her lickety split before the ink dries on the "assistance" docs.

Oh, and if that pisses you off, some Baby Mommas portray themselves as the matriarch of the hood and start collecting other kids, and harvesting envelopes full of even more EBT cards.

And if you don't think the same phugking thing happens on the Spaneesh side of the tracks, I got news for ya.

Your tax dollars at work.

Last edited by local_dirt; 08/28/15.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

I will venture that one of the biggest hurdles to getting meaningful change in how the dollars are spent - and I would fully support such changes- would be (are) opposed by the retail industry as well as food producers - including some of the big ones - like sugar- which are already on the government dole themselves.

I'd not put too much hope in any real substantial reforms to government welfare programs in the foreseeable future, regardless which political party is running the country.

There's simply too much tax payer money being made by powerful big name retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers of food products as well as banks. http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/12/five-facts-really-behind-food-stamp-program/#!

Same goes for ObamaCare, too. Insurance companies and banks are now raking in billions thanks to ObamaCare. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/u...obama-and-insurers-into-allies.html?_r=1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by sidepass
Should not be a way of life. 12 months max and if your babies are hungry call their daddies. Never could figure out why I have to pay for your tattoos . Come on Donald.

The same thing here in Australia...only I would like to see the dole available for only three months in any fifteen months, eg, if you sit on your backside for three months on the dole you cannot access same for another twelve months after that.

And kick ALL FORIEGN WORKERS out of the country, and not allow any back in unless the jobless rate goes below .5%.

If people don't work then I do not see why I should support them and their various broods indefinitely.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw an example where between the kids, food, rent,disability, and free medical they can bring home almost 75K per year. Depending on the number of kids maybe more. And that is for life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mid 80's I had some inside info from a landlord on a family of four collecting welfare. The dad's, father had a shop where he could work two days a week,and not loose any benefits.

I also had a bubby working in a union warehouse making $16 per hour plus benefits.

Both family's were within a few dollars of being equal amounts of income and benefits to each home.
Close enough we were not sure who making the most after taxes.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Fburgtx: The moral of the story (in your posts heading!) is "be careful, VERY CAREFUL, who YOU vote for"!
Sad state of affairs in our country these days.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Fburgtx: The moral of the story (in your posts heading!) is "be careful, VERY CAREFUL, who YOU vote for"!
Sad state of affairs in our country these days.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

What choices have we had in the last several decades that would have made a difference?

Can we say none, nada, no one?

Unless Trump, or some one like him, can throw a monkey wrench into this completely broken system and completely change it, it is doomed.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by joken2
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

I'd not put too much hope in any real substantial reforms to government welfare programs in the foreseeable future, regardless which political party is running the country.

There's simply too much tax payer money being made by powerful big name retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers of food products as well as banks. http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/12/five-facts-really-behind-food-stamp-program/#!

Same goes for ObamaCare, too. Insurance companies and banks are now raking in billions thanks to ObamaCare. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/u...obama-and-insurers-into-allies.html?_r=1

Spot on. Poor folks are just pawns in a much bigger scam going on. It's about taking money from you and I, and transferring it to whoever has the best lobbyists.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (444Matt, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 18 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,182
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.