Print Thread
Hop To
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Has anyone here read/ bought/ seen Marc Sullivan's new book?
Was wondering if it's anygood?

Any opinions on his videos !??

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are many STRONG opinions about his videos.

I will say I have met with Mark on several occasions, both in the States, and in Tanzania. I have never hunted with him but have enjoyed our conversations and can say say generally he knows his stuff.

The sensationalism of his videos has made him money and caused him headaches. I've heard and read of all manner of allegations against him and am at a lost to figure what is legit and what is brought by his enemies in order to bring him down. That sort of intrigue is real in Africa and in the safari business.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have some of his videos cause i ran across them dirt cheap somewhere.....most that comment havent actually seen them from what ive seen....granted dont have all of them but he doesnt actually shoot at clients animals any more or in any different circumstances than any other big 5 PH who i have also seen on video....turn off the volume and throw them in and they are pretty good.....love the hippo on dry land hunts....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
What is the title of his new book? If it is "Fear No Death" then that book was published in 2008.

I have it and I can say that it has nice pictures and Mark gives good info on double rifles but otherwise...meh.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by hatari
There are many STRONG opinions about his videos.

I will say I have met with Mark on several occasions, both in the States, and in Tanzania. I have never hunted with him but have enjoyed our conversations and can say say generally he knows his stuff.

The sensationalism of his videos has made him money and caused him headaches. I've heard and read of all manner of allegations against him and am at a lost to figure what is legit and what is brought by his enemies in order to bring him down. That sort of intrigue is real in Africa and in the safari business.

Spot on.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

718 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,151
Posts18,465,027
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.