Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Double post, but worthy of repeating.
____

John Boehner Calls Ted Cruz A ‘Jackass’ At Fundraiser

Speaker of the House John Boehner stunned audience members Wednesday evening at a Colorado fundraiser by referring to Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz as a “jackass,” two people in attendance tell The Daily Caller.

At a Steamboat Springs event for GOP Rep. Scott Tipton, the Ohio Republican quipped that he likes how Cruz’s presidential campaign keeps “that jackass” out of Washington, and from telling Boehner how to do his job.

That remark rubbed some attendees the wrong way.

“I don’t think it’s terribly speaker-like, and I think it kind of goes against everything that Reagan ever said about disparaging Republicans,” said Ed MacArthur, the president of Native Excavating, who attended the fundraiser.

“It’s becoming very disturbing to me that we can’t have good, polite conversation,” MacArthur said. “It all has to be at the throat.”

But MacArthur added: “I do believe he’s got the right to say it.”

Another Steamboat Springs resident confirmed Boehner’s remark: “I about fell on the floor.”

“To build coalitions to work together in Washington, D.C., you don’t start it out by calling your colleague a ‘jackass,'” she said.

The fundraiser took place at a tavern-styled venue called the Ghost Ranch. About 100 or more people were there. Boehner and Tipton addressed the crowd while standing in front of a stage.

John Boehner returns to his office after a visit to the House floor for procedural votes for legislation to fund the Department of Homeland Security at the Capitol in Washington
House Speaker John Boehner returns to his office after a visit to the House floor in February 2015. (REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst)

It’s no surprise that Boehner and Cruz have a rocky relationship. The Texas senator and the speaker have clashed over tactics and policy. And Cruz, on the campaign trail, often criticizes the Republican Washington establishment.

For Cruz, the attack could be helpful: Boehner is not beloved by the conservative grassroots activists the Texas senator is courting. And it could further endear Cruz to voters who find Donald Trump’s anti-Washington message appealing.

The Daily Caller has reached out to Boehner, Cruz and Tipton’s press offices for comment.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm ashamed my state keeps electing this guy

but not as much as Kentucky should be for electing McConnell

Last edited by KFWA; 08/28/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the best things that could happen to this Country is, if this leads to Boehner having to resign leadership. I am not counting on it though. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Obamas chief ballwasher calling Cruz a Jackass. Boy is that Rich.

Betting Boner knows that Trump/Cruz may be a ticket.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The fundraiser took place at a tavern-styled venue

No surprise there.
Boner's a f-in drunk.

He and McConnell both need to be tarred and feathered.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 08/28/15.
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Boehner is an ass clown that needs to just switch parties and quit playing games! I hope Cruz gets a big bump from this! Elk

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
Boehner is an ass clown that needs to just switch parties and quit playing games! I hope Cruz gets a big bump from this! Elk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA

Six of one, half dozen of the other...

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
was Boehner wiping away a tear as he said it? shocked

Sam......

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I hope Boner sits in the corner of a smoke filled tavern like venue. And crys for a month. When they rip his arse from the position he holds. A real disgrace.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think what he meant to say is Cruz is jacking Boner's ass. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We all know who the real jackass is......and no it's not NWA.........well ok it is but not in this case.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
LMAO

Take care, Willie

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by KFWA

s

I think both our states have a lot to be ashamed about. I don't know that McConnell is any worse than Bohner, though. At least old Mitch doesn't bawl at any opportunity.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ted Cruz responds to John Boehner's insult

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz addressed a recent report that House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) called him a "jackass" during a Colorado fundraiser, drawing a contrast between that remark and those he has made about another prominent Republican colleague.
In an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt on Monday, the Texas Republican and presidential candidate said that "there's far too much" of ad hominem attacks and name-calling among political figures. The Daily Caller quoted two attendees at the event who said that the Ohio lawmaker joked that Cruz's presidential campaign keeps "that jackass" out of Washington and away from telling him how to do his job.
"The speaker is entitled to express whatever views he likes, but I’m not going to respond in kind. And I think the American people are not remotely interested in a bunch of politicians in Washington bickering like schoolyard children. I think what they’re looking for is serious leaders who will address and provide real solutions to the very real problems we’re facing right now," Cruz told Hewitt.
Cruz made reference to a July fiery floor speech in which he accused Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) of lying to him after the Kentucky Republican added the reauthorization of the Export-Import Bank to the highway bill after assurances to the contrary.
"There is a difference between describing the facts and describing someone’s actions, and what occurred, and engaging in a personal attack. I gave, a couple of months ago, an unusual floor speech to be sure," Cruz remarked. "But I stood up and I said: Here are the commitments that the majority leader gave to me, personally, to every Republican senator, and to the American people, and his conduct today is directly contrary to those commitments that he made. And that is quite different from engaging in the kind of personal attack and insults and profanity-laden assault that so many others engage in."
Hewitt opened the interview by asking Cruz if he could assume that Boehner would not be on his ticket if he becomes the GOP's presidential nominee.
"I think that is a fair inference," Cruz replied with a laugh.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...ner-jackass-comment-213209#ixzz3kUYAojFj

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Boehner and his ilk no longer represent
me in any form or fashion. Taxation
without representation?

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Huck pretty much said that Boner calling Cruz a jackass was an endorsement. He said he wanted Boner to call him one.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Such statements do little to build inner-party cohesiveness. He probably would like to take the word back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by djs
Such statements do little to build inner-party cohesiveness. He probably would like to take the word back.

Hell, he probably doesn't even remember saying it. It WAS in a bar.......

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Talking like that Boehner sounds like a typical liberal that has to resort to name calling instead of reason. Why the hell is he still a republican? Never thought I would see so many Obama loving liberal republicans frown

Ted
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
725 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,948 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,752
Posts18,401,318
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.