Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

State Trooper dragged.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/i..._1.html#incart_most-read_pistons_article

Reddit
TROOPER CHAD WOLF

Update: Chad Wolf dies

GRAND BLANC TWP, MI -- Outside the emergency room at Genesys Regional Medical Center in Grand Blanc Township, fellow troopers spoke solemnly about critically injured Trooper Chad Wolf, who remained unconscious inside.

Wolf's wife is at his side. Eight shiny, blue state police motorcycles were parked in rows near the hospital entrance.

It was about 6:30 a.m. Friday when a 72-year-old man in a four-door car hauling an empty trailer hit Wolf, a motorcycle patrol trooper.

State police Col. Kriste Kibbey Etue says the driver proceeded "several miles" with Wolf trapped beneath his vehicle before pulling into a rest area in Holly, where several witness saw what had happened and called 911.

"We all wonder how that could happen," State Police 1st Lt. Monica Yesh said.

The "very cooperative" driver was questioned and released. State police officials wouldn't reveal the man's reason for not stopping sooner.

No charges have been issued, and the investigation is ongoing. State Police 1st Lt. Michael Shaw said the investigation closed I-75 northbound at Dixie Highway. It was expected to remain closed until at least 4 p.m. Friday.

It was still dark at 6:30 a.m. Friday, when Wolf was riding his marked state police motorcycle in the right lane northbound on Dixie Highway in Springfield Township, located in northern Oakland County. The motorist, traveling in the left lane, abruptly changed lanes in an attempt to merge onto I-75 north, Shaw said.

"The Michigan State Police is a very tight-knit family and today our hearts are aching and very heavy," Etue said. "Our troopers know the dangers they face each time they put the uniform on, but you need to know that the calling they have to serve the public is far stronger than the fear."

Wolf is a married father of four. He worked out of a detail based at the state police Second District in Taylor.

Previous assignments were at posts in Flint and Jackson. He joined the state police in 2008 after completing the 121st Michigan State Police trooper recruit school in Lansing.

Hear update on injured Trooper Chad Wolf
The Michigan State Police trooper was struck while on patrol on a motorcycle about 6:30 a.m. in Independence Township.
At the time of his graduation, Wolf was living in Waterford.

Shaw said no more details about the crash would be provided at this time out of respect for Wolf's parents, who hadn't been contacted as of 1 p.m. A statement will be issued if Wolf's condition changes.

Although troopers are testing on-body cameras for their motorcycle patrols, Shaw said it's unclear at this time if Wolf had one.

Yesh spoke of Wolf's strong work ethic.

"He's a good man, a family man," she said.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
DAMN!

Prayers for Trooper Chad Wolf, his Wife, his family, his fellow officers, and friends. Prayers that the Good Lord guides all the Doctors, Nurses and medical staff that will aid him at this time, and in the days yet to come.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what she said ^ works for me.

poor guy

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rest in peace Trooper Wolf.

Prayers for the family and friends.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
He died, I just read it, he's gone frown

DAMN ! DAMN ! DAMN ! mad

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sad news indeed.

Prayers for the family.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I can't fathom why the driver was released in the first place.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Clint Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
" I can't fathom why the driver was released in the first place "

That's the part I don't understand.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (35, Bigd7378, Birdwatcher, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,426 guests, and 844 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,256
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.