Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
So,
I inquired about why the photos of a G1 stock set on **** (made by boyd's) and being sold by Haus of Arms were "generic". I also requested some actual photos of the walnut stock set that I would be bidding on.

Here is the commentary.................**** poor treatment of prospective customers. As the owner suggests..........I'll take my business elsewhere.

Start from the bottom and read up

**** Member: 6mmsweasil
Today at 8:29 AM

To

**** **** sent this message to (6mmsweasil).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from ****. Learn more.
Buyer has responded to your question about this item
Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of ****. This type of offer is against **** policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More

Dear hausofarms-tc4me,

All I asked for was an actual photo of the stock set you have for sale. Not too much to ask for any reasonable business man. However, you don't fit that description. Enjoy your vacation..................

- 6mmsweasil

To: 6mmsweasil
Subject: Re: Other: 6mmsweasil sent a message about Thompson Center G1 Contender CW14 Walnut Pistol Grip Rifle Stockset-New #261984567236
Sent Date: Aug-16-15 08:22:36 PDT

Dear 6mmsweasil,

Take your business elsewhere that is fine with me. I always take time for my customers when their requests are reasonable. In my opinion yours is not. I'm on vacation this week with family. My "inventory" is wrapped and boxed with hardware and ready to ship. My assistant has his hands full keeping up with orders for other customers. Asking me to interrupt my vacation, ask my assistant to drop what he is doing to take an hour to unwrap then repackage all so you can shop the grain of my walnut is unreasonable and yes is not worth the $20 profit I would make IF you decided to buy. So in this case enjoy your shopping experience elsewhere. Marty

- hausofarms-tc4me

To: hausofarms-tc4me
Subject: Re: Other: 6mmsweasil sent a message about Thompson Center G1 Contender CW14 Walnut Pistol Grip Rifle Stockset-New #261984567236
Sent Date: Aug-16-15 08:10:24 PDT

Dear hausofarms-tc4me,

OK Marty,
You don't have time for a prospective customer......................I'll take my business elsewhere.
That's funny though..............it would take all of about 10 minutes to "unwrap" your inventory, take a few pictures, email them to me and make a sale. I guess your time is worth more than my money.

Take care,
Austin

- 6mmsweasil

Sent Date: Aug-16-15 07:36:38 PDT

Dear 6mmsweasil,

Sorry Austin but I don't have the time to unwrap and unbox my inventory to take pictures for you to select from. The pictures I use are "generic" stock photos of the actual stocksets I have taken and they are representative of the sets I sell. I have never had anyone complain that they weren't. As far as price goes however, I sell a ton of these sets for this price and from experience if you want to select an extra nice grain you'll pay twice that much. Have a great day. Marty

- hausofarms-tc4me

Subject: Other: 6mmsweasil sent a message about Thompson Center G1 Contender CW14 Walnut Pistol Grip Rifle Stockset-New #261984567236
Sent Date: Aug-15-15 21:53:28 PDT

Dear hausofarms-tc4me,

I notice that you have the same pictures (generic apparently), for this G1 walnut stock set and another auction you have for a G2 stock set in walnut.

If I'm going to be paying this kind of money for a stock set...............I want to see the actual stock and forend that I will be receiving.

Can you give me pictures of the actual stock set that I would be bidding on here??

I am only interested in a set that has nice figure.........................thanks in advance.

Austin

- 6mmsweasil

Thompson Center G1 Contender CW14 Walnut Pistol Grip Rifle Stockset-New
Item Id: 261984567236
End time: Aug-28-15 06:29:48 PDT
Buyer:

6mmsweasil (295)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Jul-15-03 in United States
Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was act

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have dealt with Marty several times before and have always been pleased. And I think the way he handles the photos is perfectly fine. I see absolutely no problem with it.

After all, you are not talking about a one-of-a-kind stock blank here. These are mass-produced items sold in rather large volumes. You must also consider that the requested photos would not help you much anyway. Unless someone goes to the expense of highly-controlled, studio lighting and provides you the original on a screen calibrated to their cameras/lenses, I doubt you could even tell the difference between stock A and stock B simply because the low-resolution, compressed image on a generic monitor (or phone) won't accurately render the grain of the stock in question anyway.

Also, you inaccurately represent that Marty told you to take your business elsewhere when in fact he was just parroting your exact quote: "I'll take my business elsewhere." His entire original reply to you was civil and polite and explained why he does things this way. You were the one who brought an aggressive tone to the table.

Just my two cents on the matter...

Anyway, it seems your attempted trashing of Haus of Arms isn't going the way you intended -- on ANY of the forums. You may find the link below interesting, where NO ONE agreed with you.

http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2511028302/m/5360001976

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some folks think their special.......and some are........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
When you order from Cabelas or BPS on-line do you ask them to pull out the actual item to take a picture of?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
So,
I inquired about why the photos of a G1 stock set on **** (made by boyd's) and being sold by Haus of Arms were "generic". I also requested some actual photos of the walnut stock set that I would be bidding on.

Here is the commentary.................**** poor treatment of prospective customers. As the owner suggests..........I'll take my business elsewhere.

Start from the bottom and read up

**** Member: 6mmsweasil
Today at 8:29 AM

To

**** **** sent this message to (6mmsweasil).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from ****. Learn more.
Buyer has responded to your question about this item
Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of ****. This type of offer is against **** policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More

Dear hausofarms-tc4me,

All I asked for was an actual photo of the stock set you have for sale. Not too much to ask for any reasonable business man. However, you don't fit that description. Enjoy your vacation..................

- 6mmsweasil

Sent Date: Aug-16-15 08:22:36 PDT

Dear 6mmsweasil,

Take your business elsewhere that is fine with me. I always take time for my customers when their requests are reasonable. In my opinion yours is not. I'm on vacation this week with family. My "inventory" is wrapped and boxed with hardware and ready to ship. My assistant has his hands full keeping up with orders for other customers. Asking me to interrupt my vacation, ask my assistant to drop what he is doing to take an hour to unwrap then repackage all so you can shop the grain of my walnut is unreasonable and yes is not worth the $20 profit I would make IF you decided to buy. So in this case enjoy your shopping experience elsewhere. Marty

- hausofarms-tc4me

Sent Date: Aug-16-15 08:10:24 PDT

Dear hausofarms-tc4me,

OK Marty,
You don't have time for a prospective customer......................I'll take my business elsewhere.
That's funny though..............it would take all of about 10 minutes to "unwrap" your inventory, take a few pictures, email them to me and make a sale. I guess your time is worth more than my money.

Take care,
Austin

- 6mmsweasil

Sent Date: Aug-16-15 07:36:38 PDT

Dear 6mmsweasil,

Sorry Austin but I don't have the time to unwrap and unbox my inventory to take pictures for you to select from. The pictures I use are "generic" stock photos of the actual stocksets I have taken and they are representative of the sets I sell. I have never had anyone complain that they weren't. As far as price goes however, I sell a ton of these sets for this price and from experience if you want to select an extra nice grain you'll pay twice that much. Have a great day. Marty

- hausofarms-tc4me

Subject: Other: 6mmsweasil sent a message about Thompson Center G1 Contender CW14 Walnut Pistol Grip Rifle Stockset-New #261984567236
Sent Date: Aug-15-15 21:53:28 PDT

Dear hausofarms-tc4me,

I notice that you have the same pictures (generic apparently), for this G1 walnut stock set and another auction you have for a G2 stock set in walnut.

If I'm going to be paying this kind of money for a stock set...............I want to see the actual stock and forend that I will be receiving.

Can you give me pictures of the actual stock set that I would be bidding on here??

I am only interested in a set that has nice figure.........................thanks in advance.

Austin

- 6mmsweasil

Item Id: 261984567236
End time: Aug-28-15 06:29:48 PDT
Buyer:

6mmsweasil (295)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Jul-15-03 in United States
Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was act

Seriously, I wouldn't spend that much time with a friend contemplating suicide.

I hope God loves cry babies, cuzz I sure don't.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
WTF - only his second post on the forum and bashing a vendor !!

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A little bit of profit isn't worth all that and the customer ain't always right....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by speedsixman

Myron

That's what happens when some people run out of Midol.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Haus is a great vendor!
The old adage of 'the customer is always right' doesn't hold water for some prima donnas.
A stock is a stock unless it's European burl.
... just sayin'.

...making America shoot straight again.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Been registered here for 11 years too, and this is the only thing that He has found to talk about. crazy miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ought to change his name to screamindick.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
screaminweasal,

Good For You!

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was going to take the low road and make fun of the OP's screen name but I knew if I waited someone would do it for me.

Thanks!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Name seems to fit him perfect,nothing low about that.

"......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

575 members (160user, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,218 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,823
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.