Campfire Tracker
W

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
How does not wearing a seat belt factor in to bad driving, it doesnt.

Last edited by seal_billy; 08/28/15.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Oregon is way down at 46 but they don't mention that their speed limits are so slow that bicyclers outrun the cars.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
How does not wearing a seat belt factor in to bad driving, it doesnt.

The criteria said:

Percentage of Fatal Crashes that involved Traffic Signals, Not Wearing Seat Belts,

If you are dead because you're not wearing a seatbelt I'd say that is a factor.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wisconsin is by FAR the worst, and the closer you get to Green Bay the worse it gets

1/504 PIR
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Insurance is invovled it's BS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't believe VAs score. People who are driving here today were walking on dirt roads in South Asia last week.

Last edited by brilite; 08/29/15.

Americans First!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cali 26th. Wonder how it would be if it separated So Cal from the rest of the state?

Sean
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
With the rankings of Minnesota, Oregon, and California drivers... I'd say the entire study is BS.... unless the people rating it, drive different highways than I've ever driven...

hard to believe rankings of New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, but you're like the snail when asked by the policeman about the two tortoises that crashed in front of him:

"I can't tell you much officer, it all happened sooo fast."

If rural Cali puts you in a tizzy, I bet you'd stroke out having to drive in SF, or LA, or Manhattan. Never mind real tough spots like London, Italy or China.

But you keep sticking to the back roads here when you need to traverse the state, after all, a girls got to know her limitations...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
guessing another factor in Montana being the worst is we put on an average of a hell of alot more miles than anyone one on the east coast......our per capita wreck rates ect are prolly higher cause we are on the road more miles......i live in a town of 2500 and its a 90 mile round trip to the next town of equal size....

Last edited by rattler; 08/29/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Scott ol boy,

Driven in major cities all over the country... California is like Driving Miss Daisy compared to a lot of other places in this country, especially on the east coast...

LA or SF don't have schitt on driving thru places like New York or Boston, especially during their rush hours...

but I've found, if you want to drive on I 5 or old 99 down thru to SoCal from here.... setting your cruise control on the speed limit, you can leisurely watch the entire world go by you in California... minus the occasional semi from out of state, or the occasional left lane illegal alien driving 10 to 15 mph below the speed limit... evidently thinking the cops won't notice them since they are driving below the speed limit...

as far as driving in London, I was too young to drive when I lived in England for 3 years... and have no desire to go to China....

I do remember 50 years ago, when in Italy, the Italian drivers.. in little Fiat 500s....Japanese Kamakazi Pilots in WW2 had nothing on Italian Drivers in shoebox sized Fiats...Heck, after being in Italy, the traffic in downtown Paris seemed pretty tame in reflection...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that basing all of the categories on deaths makes the study into something other than what we think of when we think of bad driving.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Drivers in Monroe, Louisiana trained on La Etoile me thinks!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The safest place to drive is in North Korea. They have some great roads but no cars so its all yours...mostly.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every place has its moments. Most out here seem to be pretty laid back but a bit clueless.

FL was the worst for sheer dumbassery. Atl was horrible for volume. Boston wasn't bad when I was there this summmer. Detroit was impressive.

I'd take the aggressive approach of drivers back east over the dumbasses that can't merge onto a highway out here.

β€œLife is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang they finally got one of these right. I'm in total agreement with South Carolina being number 1. I scream it daily. Georgia is not much better. And 85 SC to GA. Madmen!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Compared to a lot of Europe, Americans in general are bad drivers. Get off your damn phones. However, Italians are far worse than Americans at driving.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I agree that SC drivers are deserving of the top spot. I have in-laws down there that I visit several times a year and I always see accidents. Saw 2 at the same intersection in one day. I'm surprised NJ or MA drivers didn't make the list too.

Regarding European drivers, I think they are actually pretty good. They drive fast and ignore the laws, but manage to stay alive on roads that were designed for travel by horse and buggy. I've driven in Italy and on the wee roads of Scotland and England. You've got to be on your toes just to keep from getting killed on those poor roads. I drove in Italy for 2 weeks and never saw an accident. They ignored every driving law, but on average they manage to stay alive and relatively accident free somehow by being excellent drivers. I have fond memories of driving in excess of 100 mph on the Autostrada and zipping around on the one-lane roads of the Scottish Highlands. True story: when I rented a car in Palermo Italy, I asked the guy at the counter if there were any particular rules of the road I needed to know about; he answered, "Justa no hita nobody."

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Montana is number one bad? You have GOT to be kidding me. Best ranking was careless driving, which is pretty illustrative. The SOBER drivers are on their game, and you have to be here, with all the things that can jump out and kill you. Or the weather.
And the drunks are out only part of the week at certain times of the day. But since it's a long way from the bar back home, stuff happens.
Rock Chuck just NAILED Oregon. The speed limits are so slow you could have a head on with two LNG tankers and not even crease the bumpers.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 55 invisible), 2,728 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,035
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.