Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have had some people tell me how darn cool that are
I have been doing some mall cop research online
I have not been able to shoot one
but for the cost I dont see it being that cool

If it were 600 to 700 looks like a cool toy but at 1600 to 1800 it looses a bit of luster

Am I just missing it?

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not sure either. The guy that does my transfers aquired one recently. He changed out the trigger and raves about it. He says it's accurate, fast and handles well. I've handled it but haven't shot it yet. Most of it's mass is further back than on an AR and it feels good shouldered. The part that I don't think I would like is the muzzle is pretty close to my face. I bet it's loud.

B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
The cool thing its its sold as a carbine no stamp required
and still has a 15in barrel for velosity

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's a nice bullpup.
But, in handling one, it seemed very unbalanced to me.
But it is a nice convenient and compact carbine.

Retired cat herder.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by boatboy

If it were 600 to 700 looks like a cool toy but at 1600 to 1800 it looses a bit of luster

Am I just missing it?

Hank

I felt the same about the AUG too. Bought one, it was cool, but expected more for an $1800 rifle. For half that price, I'd buy another, but I think most of the price is because it's foreign.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
a fellow firefighter loves Israel, all... and so bought one.

I'm not overly impressed with it, but then again I"m SO used to a normal AR that has an effect on my opinion.

When you pay that much to have a less accurate piston gun that has to have the trigger replaced with an expensive one to start with.....

Now if someone gave me one, tis possible to get used to it and end up liking it more... you never know.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What can it do better than a 16 inch ar?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well, being OAL shorter, it could be handier in tight quarters, where triggers and accuracy doesn't much matter.

You could learn to deal wiht the balance either better or worse, but only running a couple thousand rounds through one could answer the question for each person.

Beyond that, I dunno, I never was after polished chrome wrenches. Don't even care if the wrench has a bit of rust as long as its solid and works right.

Can't say if this is chrome or not. I'd say its mostly a chrome thing IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimmyp

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Bullpups are one of those ideas that seems great on paper, yet falls far short in reality. When tested and measured for accuracy, speed, handling, manipulations- pretty much every aspect that matters for a practical/combat carbine, they pale in comparison to the M16/M4 family of weapons. Their sole "benefit" is reduced overall length with a longer barrel for higher velocity. Yet not only is that not always a good thing when trying to hit targets, it is no longer a problem.

There is ammo available that will expand/fragment in excess of 400m from a 10.5in barrel. Anyone issued 10.5's in the military have at least two types and civilians have no such problems.

The balance of bullpups are only in carrying them. They suck for shooting. There is a reason (or lots and lots of reasons) that every single unit/organization that has a choice, chooses an M4 based weapon. Even in countries that issue bullpups- the "special" units use M4's or a variation thereof.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thats interesting info on the spec forces in all countries running an M4 type instead.

I still have no interest in trying, and certainly not at that cost. As the current platform works.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

^^^This^^^
This^

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It lets you pivot and watch your six in a shoulder width underground tunnel without lowering your weapon.

Just saying

Last edited by Bushmaster1313; 09/05/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This^^^^^^
I went through a bull pup phase. I just absolutely thought I had to have. I had an MSAR and a RFB. I have neither now. Lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Bullpups do what they do well...be compact.
But reloading is arduous and a long transfer trigger mechanism is almost impossible to make crisp.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by g5m
It's a nice bullpup.
But, in handling one, it seemed very unbalanced to me.
But it is a nice convenient and compact carbine.
You get used to the difference in weight distribution fast. You're just used to the forward heaviness of an AR carbine. You also quickly appreciate the intuitiveness of the operations compared to an AR. It does, however, require a switch out of the issue trigger component to a Geissele drop in replacement. The original trigger is god awful. With the Geissele, it's an awesome rifle. Piston operated, too, so clean and reliable. Not to mention, you have what's functionally an SBR, without the paperwork and government supervision, and without giving up a normal length barrel.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

^^^This^^^
This^
Because of the rearward weight distribution, you can actually hold it at the ready, and able to fire it, with one arm while using your other arm to open doors and such.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by boatboy

Am I just missing it?

Hank

Junk.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Junk.

Travis
You've wrung one out pretty good, have you? What about it causes you to conclude it's junk?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I picked up a Tavor a couple months ago. SO far it's so-so. Trigger is horendous to put it lightly. My trigger scale goes to 10lbs and it takes considerable force beyond that! Accuracy is decent and I'm only shooting it with XM193 ammo and an EoTech with a 3x magnifier on it and aging eyes. It's heavy and doesn't balance that well IMO but you can hold it at the ready for a long time due to the weight distribution.

If the SHTF I'm grabbing my 1.5" AR though as it's lighter, more accurate, has a better trigger and is easier to work on.

I will probably sell it next year as I live by the motto "the one who gets to play with the most toys wins"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

475 members (160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 37 invisible), 1,726 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,229
Posts18,447,718
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.