Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Guess they caught the guy from last night.

Sheriff is having a news conference any minute now on Fox News.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cowardly POS will get to live on Death Row at Huntsville for 10 years at our expense. In the good ole day, he would not have been taken alive. mad

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/29/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A 30-year-old Cypress man has been charged with capital murder in the Friday killing of a 47-year-old Harris County Sheriff's deputy who had stopped at a gas station he frequented in northwest Harris County.

Shannon J. Miles, who has been arrested at least six other times, twice for using force against an officer, is accused of gunning down Deputy Darren Goforth at a Chevron station at Telge and West.
The deputy was shot multiple times even after he had fallen to the ground.

"In my 45 years in law enforcement, I can't recall another incident so cold-blooded and cowardly," said Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman.

Surveillance footage captured images of a dark-skinned man, believed to be between 20 and 25, wearing a white shirt and red shorts and who fled in a red Ford Ranger.

They identified a "person of interest" but did not make the arrest until hours later. They spent much of the day at the Cypress area home where Miles lived with his mom and brother. The vehicle was parked outside the two-story brick home just half a mile from the Chevron station.

A young man who identified himself Miles' brother said he and his family were still waiting for answers. The man, who lives at the house at Pine Falls and Lake Crystal Drive with his brother and mother, said police just burst in.

The man said his brother got off work, then went briefly to the store with his mother. He could not provide details because his mother ordered him to stop talking to a reporter.

The neighborhood, tucked off West Road near Telge, is normally quiet, said Frank Chilton, 61, who lives about three blocks from the house police cordoned off. "You'll have the usual nonsense, but nothing to be too concerned about," Chilton said. "This is bizarre. Really out of left field."

Neighbors described Miles as calm and friendly. Many were concerned about his welfare, saying they believed he had some sort of learning disability.

Online court records reveal a lengthy criminal past.

Miles' first reported arrest came in February 2005 for failing to identify and giving false information to police officers. He would be arrested six more times between the first arrest and 2009.

In July 2005 he was arrested by Harris County SO for criminal mischief greater than or equal to $1,500. On Oct. 2. 2005, he was arrested again by Harris County and held for eight days for resisting "arrest, search or transport."

In 2006 he was arrested for "discharging or displaying" a firearm. Plead guilty and was held for 10 days. On May 3, 2007, Jersey Village PD arrested Miles for evading arrest. Nine days later he was arrested again for criminal trespassing by Harris County Sheriff's Office.
On Jan. 29, 2009, Miles was arrested for preventing or obstructing officers duties by using force against the officer.

Residents of the neighborhood where he lived showed an outpouring of support to the dozen police surrounding the home and conducting a search. They brought bottled water to the officers, and offered their support and homes, if need be.

Those in law enforcement worry this could be the latest in a rash of racially-charged retaliatory shootings.

"We've heard black lives matter, all lives matter, well cops lives matter too, so why don't we just drop the qualifiers and just say lives matter and take that to the bank," Hickman said.

Deray McKesson, a leader of the Black Lives Matters movement, responded to Hickman's criticisms by saying: "I grieve for the victims of violence. It is unfortunate that Sheriff Hickman has chosen to politicize this tragedy and to attribute the officer's death to a movement that seeks to end violence."

Bob Goerlitz, president of the Harris County Deputies Organization, said, recounted how protesters at a recent event in Waller County were yelling "shoot the pig."

"It's scary as hell. They're shooting just because you're wearing a uniform," he said.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Cowardly POS will get to live on Death Row at Huntsville for 10 years at our expense. In the good ole day, he would not have been taken alive. mad

Ten years ?

....longer, likely.

Gut wrenching and sad, this SET UP.

Not sure I'll ever have the idiotic audacity to post that again, either.

This whole "Show" is a SET UP !

OShannon Miles was picked up for questioning early on Saturday following the Friday night shooting, which was captured on surveillance video, Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman told reporters. He noted that Miles is black and has a history of prior arrests for trespassing and resisting arrest.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Could Mom be part of the crime? think she drove him to "THAT STORE" ?
"The man said his brother got off work, then went briefly to the store with his mother. He could not provide details because his mother ordered him to stop talking to a reporter."

NRA Life Member
SAF Life Memner
CPL Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Szumi
Police lives matter

X Million

NRA Life Member
SAF Life Memner
CPL Life Member
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The White House did issue a statement showing genuine concern early this afternoon.....

Apparently the POTUS double bogied the first hole he played today.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Obama had a son...

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
RIP, Deputy.
Prayers for the family and friends.

MAY THIS PERP ROT IN HELL !

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by mark shubert
RIP, Deputy.
Prayers for the family and friends.

MAY THIS PERP ROT IN HELL !

Devil don't even want that POS...

I quit I got nothing good to say about the shooter....he will get far less the he has coming

If anyone was involed IE:driver whatever, anyone that knew I hope ole Texas sets the nations new standard on no
more injections...Back to the rope

We need and attention getter of some kind...If ya dog gets off point you don't just let him keep screwing up

Last edited by CoyoteChuck52; 08/29/15.

NRA Life Member
SAF Life Memner
CPL Life Member
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
And sadly, even local Houston media pretending to be outraged by this seem to be saying it might have resulted from the actions of law enforcement against blacks - by "a few bad apples" in the LEO community. I think they are trying to shift the blame to the wrong community!

twofish Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudhen

"We've heard black lives matter, all lives matter, well cops lives matter too, so why don't we just drop the qualifiers and just say lives matter and take that to the bank," Hickman said.

Deray McKesson, a leader of the Black Lives Matters movement, responded to Hickman's criticisms by saying: "I grieve for the victims of violence. It is unfortunate that Sheriff Hickman has chosen to politicize this tragedy and to attribute the officer's death to a movement that seeks to end violence."

Apparently there is no end to the bullschit that comes out of these people's mouths.

*Master of random precision*
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Black Lies Matter"

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by twofish
Originally Posted by mudhen

Apparently there is no end to the bullschit that comes out of these people's mouths.

That's the pot calling the kettle black, coming from that group.

No pun intended...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1_deuce, 22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 41 invisible), 1,980 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,067
Posts18,463,501
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.