Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A guy with 4 wives in UT is promising to take it all the way to SCOTUS if necessary to legalize his marriages.
Where will they find enough women for every man to have his 4 wives?

'Sister Wives' Cite Gay Marriage Ruling in Polygamy Case LINDSAY WHITEHURST Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) | A polygamous family says the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage shows that laws restricting consensual adult relationships are outdated, even if certain unions are unpopular.

Kody Brown and his four wives argue in court documents that their reality TV show "Sister Wives" shows polygamous marriages can be as healthy as monogamous ones.

"The Browns were investigated and no crimes or harm was found in their plural family," attorney Jonathan Turley wrote in court documents filed Wednesday in front of the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. He has said the family is prepared to take the legal fight to the U.S. Supreme Court if necessary.

The Browns are defending a legal victory they won in 2013, when a federal judge struck down key parts of Utah's law banning polygamy. Advocacy groups for polygamy and individual liberties called the ruling a significant decision that removed the threat of arrest for the state's plural families.

Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes appealed, saying courts have long upheld laws banning polygamy because they prevent abuse of women and children.

Unlike same-sex marriage advocates, the Browns are not seeking full legal recognition of polygamous marriages. That portion of Utah's bigamy law prohibiting multiple marriages license was left in place by U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups when he decided that a provision of the state law forbidding cohabitation violated the family's freedom of religion.

In most polygamous families, the man is legally married to one woman but only "spiritually married" to the others.

The teaching that polygamy brings exaltation in heaven is a legacy of the early Mormon church, but the mainstream Salt Lake City-based Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints abandoned the practice in 1890 and strictly prohibits it today.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As far as I care, any man is entitled to as much misery as he asks for.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree.

Had I been able to marry all the women I was dating when I was ready to wed I would have done it. As it turned out I was 3 months away from my .gov restricted one choice and hauled azzz....

NO regrets!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's not much that I care less about.

The world is fulla ugly women. Somebody's gotta feed 'em.

If some guy wants to take on a half dozen of 'em at a time, who am I to take offense at his ugly woman fetish?

Break it down. Screw 2 on Monday,...2 on Wednesday, and 2 on Friday.

Eat alla their biscuits and gravy on Saturday and Sunday.

*shrugg*

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You know.... you raise another really good point. Someone is bound to challenge the courts and declare his or her right to marry both a man and a woman for a 3some.

This is gonna' get weird. Really really weird!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tracks
As far as I care, any man is entitled to as much misery as he asks for.

sadly, none of these bozos can afford all those wives, so they wind up on the dole, and WE pay for their multiple families. Happens over and over with the poly what evers.

Sam......

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've done reached the age where I think that any man with a brain will order one'nem Jack'o'matic machines outta Hustler magazine and let the women go their own way.

,...but that's just me.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
All the wives get jobs , delagate chores to them when they are off and you can set around drink and screw a differnt one every night of the week , where's the problem ??:)

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've done reached the age where I think that any man with a brain will order one'nem Jack'o'matic machines outta Hustler magazine and let the women go their own way.

,...but that's just me.

OMG I'm rolling here. Just sit back and eat those sausage and gravy tater chips!! All to yourself and the machine. TF

Go Nats!!!!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
4 wives??? I love my wife but the idea of dealing with the emotions of 4 of them? Noon!

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This will not last. some may be able to support a dozen wives and he may find a dozen women crazy to marry him but a dozen mothers-in law will end that stupid idea real quick! eek

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OMG---had not thought of that!! Great point.

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I loved my MIL buy doubt I could have handled two of her let alone 12.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no problem with polygamy. It's been practiced from the beginning of time to other cultures in the modern world we live in.

There is no logical basis for disallowing it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
how bout polygyny then?

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
or Polyandry??

Go Nats!!!!

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
yeah that stuff

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I agree, it dose not bother me one bit. My wife and I have talked about it and she agrees then Quotes the line from The Duchess And Dirt Water Fox, "One night on, six nights off."

It is nothing either of us in interested in but we do not have a problem if someone else wants to do it. Whit all that's going on in the world today it is nothing I will loose a seconds sleep over.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bin Laden supposedly had a bunch of grief with his wives arguing and fighting. If the scariest terrorist in the world can't make 4 women get along how the hell would I do it?

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I have a problem with it if Jebediah claims his 20 children and his 6 wives as dependents on his 1040. I'm sure that will help the tax rolls.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,626
Posts18,455,133
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.