Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Mn.1 in the area I can hunt.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my county of Texas we have antler restrictions in place. That means 1 buck with 13" or better inside spread and 1 buck that has at least one spike antler. We can also take 3 does.

Jim

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The TPW, does not tell us which deer to take off, just how many, we try to keep our buck to doe ratio at 1.5 to 1, we normally don't kill bucks until they are 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 years old, unless they are really poor quality bucks, we weigh every deer live weight and then again after they are skinned and gutted. we score every buck killed and collect the lower jaw of every deer killed, at the end of the season we know the average age and weight of all the does and bucks taken that year, and we can compare our numbers year to year. rio7

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by texasbatman
In my county of Texas we have antler restrictions in place. That means 1 buck with 13" or better inside spread and 1 buck that has at least one spike antler. We can also take 3 does.

Jim

I bet if you read that closely, to be precise, you can take 1 spike and 1 buck that is spike or the 13 inch rule. In theory 2 spikes which I"d have no issue with at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Idaho- 3. If play all the options and spend the money

1 tag is over-the-counter. Second is draw for antlerless deer in units that offer it. 3rd is for residents buying an extra deer tag at a nonresident price. The cash strapped IDF&G seems to be pushing the last option.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by roof
In my area of Maryland
Archery 1 buck and unlimited doe.
Muzzleloader 1 buck and 10 doe.
Gun 1 buck and 10 doe.
1 extra buck stamp after killing 2 doe.

Car or truck......unlimited bucks or does.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
in Utah , maximum of two, if you draw one of the few 2-doe tag units.

otherwise it's one, buck or doe but not both

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

4 per year here on the SE coast of AK. Free over the counter tags. 6 month season (bucks only from Aug 1 to Sept 15). Any weapon those 6 months.

Where are there 6 month seasons in SE?

SE AK rural communities' deer season is August-January.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Buzz
In Georgia you can shoot 2 antlered deer (one must be 4pt or better on a side statewide, some counties have antler point and spread rules for all antlered deer) and 10 doe.

Additionally, if you are drawn for state park or national forest quota hunts they have additional limits not counting towards the ones above.

You don't have to be drawn. Most of the WMA hunts you simply sign in and go hunting. There are a handful of the more popular ones that require a drawing. The 10 doe, 2 buck limit is basically just on private property or National Forest. On most of Georgia's 120+ WMA's you simply sign in and hunt. The limit is 1-2 per season per WMA and those numbers don't count against your total.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In 2005 here in WA I bought a rifle from the nephew of a deceased AK resident. Along the the old M70 rifle came a story:

Rebarrelled from 30-06 to 30-06 by:
Alaska Coastal Outfitters
Brad Dennison

The rifle had killed:
2 grizzlies
6 moose
10 mountain goats
6 sheep
109 Sitka Black tailed deer
16 black bear
2 caribou

I have never seen a Sitka Black tailed deer, but they must have a lot of them in AK.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I think it's 3 here in WA if you draw the right permits.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Tn is reduced this yr to 2 bucks. I seen an error in a previous post from someone who said 3.

Does, three a day for about 4 months.

More bucks can be had with special drawings on certain WMAs.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have (3) deer tags this year, but one is for a white tailed doe. They are too smart for me. And they bounce.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by texasbatman

Jim

I bet if you read that closely, to be precise, you can take 1 spike and 1 buck that is spike or the 13 inch rule. In theory 2 spikes which I"d have no issue with at all.

That is right. You can only take one buck with branched antlers but can take a total of 2.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hunt in Zone 1 of Kentucky. We can take unlimited deer, but only one buck.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by slumlord
Tn is reduced this yr to 2 bucks. I seen an error in a previous post from someone who said 3.

And boy has that 2 buck limit got a certain group of people crying like a fat kid put on a diet

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BossHawg

And boy has that 2 buck limit got a certain group of people crying like a fat kid put on a diet
Cecil and his heifer will starve if they can't shoot 3 spike bucks and/or buy momma a license too and keep telechecking dink bucks in on her license as well

God forbid someone have to shoot a doe, that's un-East Tn like

Last edited by slumlord; 09/04/15.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
in Louisiana I hunt area 7 and I can kill 3 bucks and 3 does

in Mississippi in Wilkinson county I can kill 3 bucks and 6 does

between both states I normally kill 3-5 deer and then adding my kids deer in the count I normally put 5-7 deer in the freezer, I very seldom buy meat, I add beef fat to my deer ground meat. I do buy chicken pretty often.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3 bucks and 3 does here, plus my daughter hunts and gets the same allowances. We shoot a lot more does than bucks though. Probably 4-5 does for every buck. We enjoy filling the freezer.

Now with even more aplomb
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by BossHawg

Cecil and his heifer will starve if they can't shoot 3 spike bucks and/or buy momma a license too and keep telechecking dink bucks in on her license as well

God forbid someone have to shoot a doe, that's un-East Tn like

gottta compenstate for cope and mt dew money ya know laugh laugh laugh

gotta feed my starving fambly man

them kids I bet are about tired of eating deer day in and day out

laugh laugh laugh

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.