W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by eyeball
Mark 16:15-16English Standard Version (ESV)

15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned

This shows why believers tell others about the word. It is a command from God that we do so. It is part of obeying Him.

So if you are not Baptized, you are not saved?
How about babies that die before they are Baptized?
Didn't they go to Purgatory for about 2000 years before the Catholic Church changed it's mind?

Now you are going in a direction that will really bring out the worst in Christians. crazy

There is no way you can convince me that baptism is the only way you can make it to Heaven. I serve a loving god, one who will answer those who call on His Name. The soldier in the trench who make a plea to God is not damned to hell because he cannot stop the battle long enough to be baptised.

I will probably get smoked for this statement but I have been smoked before and lived so let it be. grin

+1

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
In response to an AS comment, GB posted:

This is a prime example of dishonesty. Misrepresenting something for what I perceive as an addiction to debate.

Yep, his desire to discredit seems to override his scholarly ability.

He will read a passage and allow his desire to discredit or debate or ???? to enter and cause him to spew nonsense.

Someone posted that AS has quite a bit of Bible knowledge. Nope, that is not the case at all. He has an internet search engine but cannot make sense of what he reads.

Lot's case is very interesting. There is no doubt he did sinful acts but as he is mentioned in the NT as righteous, I would assume he repented and turned his life around.

King David is similar. He was guilty of murder and yet a man after God's own heart. How can that be explained if not for David's response of repentance and God's patient love and forgiveness?

In many ways, I resemble them both.

God is not bound by time. He could look at Lot and see his future and see that he would in the future turn from sin in his future. Maybe that is what happened. God can look at me and see my future.

He can also see the future for AS.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
So, you insist on judging Him. The truth will set us free. You, the supreme critiquer. Ha. What a joke.

Where did I claim to be the supreme anything?

All I claimed to be was more moral then the blatherings of your bronze age goat herders who think it's ok to bang your own daughters.

There you go again with you dishonesty. No where in the text are the actions of Lott condoned. Nor are goat herders mentioned.

Your claim to be more moral then [insert] is inconsistent with your dishonesty.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Hatred is a poison that destroys us from within, producing bitterness that eats away at our hearts and minds. This is why the Scriptures tell us not to let a “root of bitterness” spring up in our hearts (Hebrews 12:15). Hatred also

More dodging the question by spouting Bible verses....

Come on Doc, take a step in the direction of morality, and admit it immoral knock up your daughters and blame them for it.

And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters. 31And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth: 32Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. 33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. 34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. 35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. 36Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. 37And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day. 38And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.

Where in that passage exactly does Lott blame his daughters?

This is a prime example of dishonesty. Misrepresenting something for what I perceive as an addiction to debate.

Think about it for a moment. I know that might be difficult for you, but please try.

Lott was so drunk he couldn't recognize his own daughters, but he could still get it up?

I call BS. Or is it more likely that a primitive goat herder knocked up his daughters, and concocted a story about it to blame them?

And this was after he offered them up to a rape mob.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

What do you care about more, Faith, or Truth?

They are the same for me. You should know that by now.

Yep, they are the same in my mind but that is a personal decision on my part.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Except when they are not.

Just because you pretend something is true, does not make it so.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49

He will read a passage and allow his desire to discredit or debate or ???? to enter and cause him to spew nonsense.

Someone posted that AS has quite a bit of Bible knowledge. Nope, that is not the case at all. He has an internet search engine but cannot make sense of what he reads.

Lot's case is very interesting. There is no doubt he did sinful acts but as he is mentioned in the NT as righteous, I would assume he repented and turned his life around.

King David is similar. He was guilty of murder and yet a man after God's own heart. How can that be explained if not for David's response of repentance and God's patient love and forgiveness?

God is not bound by time. He could look at Lot and see his future and see that he would in the future turn from sin in his future. Maybe that is what happened. God can look at me and see my future.

TF

You read the bible from the lens of faith. I read it from the lens of reason.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

TF

I disagree. I think AS is very knowledgeable of the scriptures. He is knowingly misreprsenting them. I have found that the more aggressive athiests are less honest then others.

As is the case with the more aggressive religious. Lott committed an egregious sin with his daughters.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

TF

I disagree. I think AS is very knowledgeable of the scriptures. He is knowingly misreprsenting them. I have found that the more aggressive athiests are less honest then others.

As is the case with the more aggressive religious. Lott committed an egregious sin with his daughters.

THANK-YOU.

You admit it was an egregious sin. That differentiates you from the Christians who will not, because yours in the more honest position.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/29/15.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

TF

You read it from the lens that man created god. This may be called many things...to call it reason, is your description. Others reason that it is not.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

TF

THANK-YOU.

You admit it was an egregious sin. That differentiates you from the Christians who will not, because yours in the more honest position.

When the Bible gives accounts of the sin of its characters, that in no way is the same as condoning that sin.

In fairness, I think that even you and I can agree on that point.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

TF

You read it from the lens that man created god. This is may be called many things...to call it reason, is your description. Others reason that it is not.

If your God was real, he would be much more competent then the god portrayed in the Bible.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

TF

THANK-YOU.

When the Bible gives accounts of the sin of its characters, that in no way is the same as condoning that sin.

In fairness, I think that even you and I can agree on that point.

That depends. If the Bible specifically declares the character just and righteous, as in the case of Lott and David (except the one specific instance where God stated his disagreed with David), then yes the Bible is condoning those evil acts. On the other hand, if the Bible does not declare the character just, or condone the act, then it should not be viewed as such.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Now you are going in a direction that will really bring out the worst in Christians. crazy

There is no way you can convince me that baptism is the only way you can make it to Heaven. I serve a loving god, one who will answer those who call on His Name. The soldier in the trench who make a plea to God is not damned to hell because he cannot stop the battle long enough to be baptised.

I will probably get smoked for this statement but I have been smoked before and lived so let it be. grin

Yea, and old Christian friend of mine suggested that as a great way to start a fight among the faithful. grin

This topic came up a while back. I was told I was wrong by someone who thinks he is a better Christian than the Apostle Paul. I still stand behind my statement and I will let God Judge me.

I believe every new Christian should be baptised, I was and I am glad I was. So it is not that I do not believe in Baptism, I just believe in a loving God.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Yea, and old Christian friend of mine suggested that as a great way to start a fight among the faithful. grin

This topic came up a while back. I was told I was wrong by someone who thinks he is a better Christian than the Apostle Paul. I still stand behind my statement and I will let God Judge me.

I believe every new Christian should be baptised, I was and I am glad I was. So it is not that I do not believe in Baptism, I just believe in a loving God.

The scriptures are actually split on the subject, with each side having passage they can use to support their position. It's one of those pesky 400+ contradictions.

In general, the less judgmental the Christian, the easier they are to get along with, and the less they are the "droids I am looking for".

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

But again, I believe they are. The change in me when I ask Christ into my heart is the proof I need. It is not something I can prove to someone else because they cannot see what happened to me. Heck, I cannot put it into words to even begin to tell you what happened let alone show you. It has to do with the root of faith and faith and proof are opposite sides or the scale.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The scriptures are actually split on the subject, with each side having passage they can use to support their position. It's one of those pesky 400+ contradictions.

In general, the less judgmental the Christian, the easier they are to get along with, and the less they are the "droids I am looking for".

I must be a terrible disappointment to you. laugh laugh laugh

Someday my friend I still want to sit around a real fire with you. No need to talk about God, just have a good time. smile

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

But again, I believe they are. The change in me when I ask Christ into my heart is the proof I need. It is not something I can prove to someone else because they cannot see what happened to me. Heck, I cannot put it into words to even begin to tell you what happened let alone show you. It has to do with the root of faith and faith and proof are opposite sides or the scale.

I believe the change came from within you, not God. You had decided to become a better man. You could of picked up any religious text, or the philosophy of Socrates, and still make the change you had decided to make.

Don't sell yourself short. Take credit where credit it due.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hatred is a poison that destroys us from within, producing bitterness that eats away at our hearts and minds. This is why the Scriptures tell us not to let a “root of bitterness” spring up in our hearts (Hebrews 12:15). Hatred also

More dodging the question by spouting Bible verses....

Come on Doc, take a step in the direction of morality, and admit it immoral knock up your daughters and blame them for it.

And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters. 31And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth: 32Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. 33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. 34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. 35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. 36Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. 37And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day. 38And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.

Where in that passage exactly does Lott blame his daughters?

Think about it for a moment. I know that might be difficult for you, but please try.

Lott was so drunk he couldn't recognize his own daughters, but he could still get it up?

I call BS. Or is it more likely that a primitive goat herder knocked up his daughters, and concocted a story about it to blame them?

And this was after he offered them up to a rape mob.

Ground control to Major AS.

I'm sure many could coorberate the fact that one could be so drunk that sex was still possible. Do you really mean to suggest that people do not go to bed with someone in a drunken stupor, have sex with them, and do not know who it is they wake up with or where they are? Get real.

The text says that he saw that the whole plain was on fire. Who do you suggest that Lott thought he needed to concoct a story for?

Besides, you know the rest of the story. God recorded an accurate account. Don't be so dishonest as to not know how God looked upon that sin, and how He reacted to the Moabites and Amnonites.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In reality I was an a$$hole and on the brink of being a drunk. Life was the pits. I just gave yo and prayed. The change was almost instantaneous.

Page 26 of 49 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 117LBS, 61 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,273
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.