Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good time for Coke and many other products that use corn syrup to switch back to sugar.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Corn is well subsidized which helps keep corn syrup prices below the price-supported sugar prices.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It there is away, the gooberment can/will mess things up one way or another.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
corn is a starch, starch is a sugar pretty complicated but the gov. is busy solving global warming

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure is hard on chainsaws, weedeaters, and generators.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Another example of how we all pay the price when government gets involved.
Its all about over now anyway so it doesn't matter much but sit back and watch the carnage begin.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by lastround
Sure is hard on chainsaws, weedeaters, and generators.
[bleep] should pay us all bigtime for all its cost on the above... I hate the stuff.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
How many of our congressmen have ever been involved in business for profit? They don't have a clue how to do business. Their pay and pensions should be indexed to the government income/outgo balance.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Look,...the "Environmental Protection Agency" that just killed the Animas watershed,through gross incompetence, is WELL FUNDED, and the darling of the left.

As Powell and I have been trying to get through some thicker heads,...the enforcement of their "Water Regs" in 37 states that lick political balls SHOULD be a cause for concern,....

No flame,...but it looks(sadly) like there are just more pressing issues and events occupying our readers / members time, for the last coupla' days..

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Too many voters (and bleeding hearts) have NO idea what it takes to sustain their habits - like eating in a lighted, comfortable home.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Get rid of the stupid laws regulating alcohol and the farmers can produce their own ethanol and sell it at the local level. They cover their losses when prices fall, tax payers aren't stuck with the bill for subsidizing them and the guv has less control over we the people. Win all around.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The average American has absolutely no idea what their tax dollars are subsidizing. Most probably don't even realize that the deduction they get on taxes for their kids is a "subsidy".

Here's just a few:

Salmon (yep, from 2014, your state) http://www.newsminer.com/news/alask...0dc93ca-1416-11e4-85ab-001a4bcf6878.html

Milk: http://www.jsonline.com/business/fe...ricing-system-b99194706z1-242680671.html

Rice, Alfalfa, and Catfish:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/20/farm-bill-perks/

Lots more out there for those that want to look and get pi--ed off even more.

What ever happened to good old capitalist competition?

And when will they start subsidizing my hunting and fishing?

(Maybe in a way they already do?)

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have watched a lot of Judge Judy since my back operation. Before you jump me, in the day time here it is that or soap opera's. Anyway, the sheer number of folks on the Government teat is astounding, and they all want to sue somebody for mostly petty stuff. The other day the Judge was quizzing a man that his ex wife was suing for part of the income tax return, and it seems that He made $12,000 gross and somehow got nearly $5000 back on his income tax refund. I can't figure how that works, but I do not doubt it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
I have watched a lot of Judge Judy since my back operation. Before you jump me, in the day time here it is that or soap opera's. Anyway, the sheer number of folks on the Government teat is astounding, and they all want to sue somebody for mostly petty stuff. The other day the Judge was quizzing a man that his ex wife was suing for part of the income tax return, and it seems that He made $12,000 gross and somehow got nearly $5000 back on his income tax refund. I can't figure how that works, but I do not doubt it. miles
The Earned Income Tax Credit is a welfare program that never gets added into federal handout calculations. There are millions who get back far more than they paid in because of it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I don't always agree with the subsidy stuff, very few around here are collecting such. , but people should keep in mind farmers are the only busneiss that pays the "wanted" price for equpiment and supplies while being told how much someone will pay for their product.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but people should keep in mind farmers are the only busneiss that pays the "wanted" price for equpiment and supplies while being told how much someone will pay for their product.

Look how long the Government has been involved in farming and then you will see why it is so messed up. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but people should keep in mind farmers are the only busneiss that pays the "wanted" price for equpiment and supplies while being told how much someone will pay for their product.

Look how long the Government has been involved in farming and then you will see why it is so messed up. miles

And compare it to cattlemen who are not directly subsidized.

Some do OK.... some don't.

And weather is still the biggest factor.

Old time Cow/calf operators followed one rule..... when your calves are ready to sell, ship 'em, regardless of the market price.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As it should be. miles

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by curdog4570

And compare it to cattlemen who are not directly subsidized.

And weather is still the biggest factor.

Old time Cow/calf operators followed one rule..... when your calves are ready to sell, ship 'em, regardless of the market price.
That's how's it's been around this farm since I was a little kid. We have/do play in the crop prodution some. Some years have been good some not. never collected any gov. funds for such. Yhe only gov. money collected here has been some of the drought relife funds to help with feed and water (water was our issue ) last few years most cattle men across the country has done the same

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.